The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I hate to tell you I told you so, but!

I hate to tell you I told you so, but!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The uptake for small business, that's those coming forward to take place of those who have closed, is down by a staggering 95% since labor came to power in 07.

Almost 250,000 small business jobs have been lost.

This was as clear as the nose on your face, or at least my face, as I knew what small business wanted/needed, and it wasn't taking an axe to IR as labor did, but I was once again dismissed, told I was over reacting, and not to worry, as there are always people there to step up and take the place of those who close.

Well, I hate to say it, but I told you so.

Just remember one very important fact.

Most small businesses employ people, as opposed to most big businesses who all to often only employ numbers.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 16 November 2012 8:46:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Labor can't be blamed fully for small business closures because it is statistically a very high percentage of small businesses DO close because of not doing due diligence for the business in the first place.

Not sticking up for the totally incompetent Government but this one has 2 sides to it.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 16 November 2012 2:25:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And where are those 250,000 lost jobs . They are not in the unemployment figures.
I think butch is confusing online shopping with stores closing.
We have an online bulk butcher advertising here.
Posted by 579, Friday, 16 November 2012 2:45:26 PM
Unemployment figures are cooked.If you work a couple of hrs per week,you don't get defined as unemployed.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 16 November 2012 6:09:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cooked indeed!

I believe it was the Howard government which came up with that particularly delectable recipe - and it proved so popular that it's still on the menu.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 16 November 2012 6:16:41 PM
It's nott so much the closures, or even the loss of jobs that I refer to, rather, it's the fact that the void is not being filled.

Small business is simply far too risky now, and that's a damned shame, as they are huge sponsors of localized events and the every back bome of many smaller communities, communities that will most likely be ghoast towns once mining has moved on.

As for unemployment, it's actually 1 hour per week, and even covers unpaid work.

Yes it was a Howard doozy, but it needs to be changed as anyone who truely believes we have 5% unemployment, is easily miss led.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 16 November 2012 7:24:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy