The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I hate to tell you I told you so, but!

I hate to tell you I told you so, but!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Butcher is correct given the number of new business registrations has plummeted....not talking about failed in the first year efforts,….. it is not even worth the venture it seems.

Arjay is correct regarding the massaged unemployment stats and Poirot is right in painting the devoid of reality stats having their genesis in the Coalitions spin history.

But 579 is simply implausible….no reality there.

Just one comment about the unemployment figures.

Given the vast majority of households are supported by two pay packets, when one goes there is no government assistance or recognition in the stats because you can't get the dole if your spouse is still working. There are tens of thousands in that situation.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 18 November 2012 9:39:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What Arjay said doesn't make sense. A couple of hours a week and you are classed as employed.
Does that mean they do not get top up money from the dole.
Or does that mean they do not get any assistance at all.
Explain your self.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 18 November 2012 10:08:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
579, to my knowledge the unemployment numbers are calculated from those enrolled as unemployed, then, if any work has been performed during a cycle, then these are considered employed.

As others say, there are many who have lost their jobs, or, they are between jobs who are not considered unemployed.

The system is flawed, however if you choose to accept the numbers this system provides, then by all means, keep dreaming.

The other area of concern is, if we do have low unemployment, as you say, which means pretty much anyone wanting a jobs has one, how then do you explain the reason why so many of these people are doing it so tough at the present moment.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 18 November 2012 2:27:54 PM
Persons that are registered and do paid work, have their dole reduced a percentage of the earnings. That does not make them employed.
Small business that does not make ends meet get a top up from centerlink.
Redundancy packages have to be used before you get the dole.
Any one doing it tough with low interest rates, have overcommitted themselves.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 18 November 2012 4:06:52 PM
Any one doing it tough with low interest rates, have overcommitted themselves.

This comment is proof you have no idea how the real world works.

For starters, low interest rates only benefit those who own houses and, given so many rent, how do you expalain thier situations.

I don't know where you live, or where you get your opinions on our present situation, but may I suggest you take a good hard look around and you just may see what most others see.

Some people are even having to go bankrupt as they simply can't afford their medical bills, either because they can't afford insurance, or, the insurance they have does not cover their illness.

Now in a country like Australia, that's an utter disgrace, and if this mob stay in control it will only get worse.

BTW, I will bet not one of those going bankrupt arrived on a leaky boat recently.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 18 November 2012 9:35:10 PM
Butch what you are saying is people are not being paid enough. They can't make ends meet, bankruptcies, medical insurance.
I say some people just can not budget, or are not being paid enough.
People relying on two pay packs, have no idea of economics. That shows no matter how much they have they continue to overcommit themselves.
No matter what the situation, some were destined to fail, for no other reason than they can not control basic economics.
Posted by 579, Monday, 19 November 2012 5:57:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy