The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Frozen OLO webpages

Frozen OLO webpages

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
I havn't used internet explorer since 1990. Firefox is very usable and compatible with melware and c cleaner.
Posted by 579, Monday, 22 October 2012 1:40:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good thread Yabby. This frozen page business, where just the header comes up, has become absolutely chronic and totally maddening!

I was under the impression that it was not something to do specifically with OLO, as it seems to happen sometimes with other pages as well.

It is good to know that it is a common problem and that there are easy solutions.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 22 October 2012 1:48:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Computers & web sites are a very minor part of my life. If it is a hassle, it's gone.'

But I would say OLO is a large enough part of your life hasbeen, given the posting frequency. It's an economic issue. Perhaps OLO has such a vast population of Luddites that it is worth the money to them, but for most I doubt it. I'd say Graham is grateful enough for the advertising revenue, but I'm not sure it would be a big enough market for those advertisers to modify their adverts for legacy browsers. As I said you have to draw the line somewhere, you just cant buy Betamax videos anymore.

When it takes all of 2 minutes for the user to update their browser I don't see it as much of an imposition.

You can import them and keep them in their folders Yabbs, it's a 1 click affair.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 22 October 2012 2:11:53 PM
Yabby;
One problem I run into some time back was when Microsoft brought out
a new version of windows, some servers were modified to cater for
changes in the new windows. Some browsers then had trouble.
Could this be happening now for MS ver 8 ?

I gave up on chasing windows versions when I was given XP and then
vowed to never buy another operating system.
I have used Debian Linux since then.

Good luck
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 22 October 2012 2:49:56 PM
It is only happening with OLO.It freezes and you have to exit to get it back. Could it be ASIO thinking that this site is too independant?
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 22 October 2012 5:51:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is rather stange.Within 30 minutes of me posting the above,OLO after two weeks of frozen BS as Yabby describes,functions normally once again.

Obiviously we are not alone.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 22 October 2012 8:28:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14