The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unemployment benefits, I think labor's got it right.

Unemployment benefits, I think labor's got it right.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Let me tell you some truths.
I never agreed with the old way of job creation, Queensland held those country jobs in councils and roads in trust.
For cane farmers and such.
After floods PORK BARRELING was its name.
I propose a CHANGE, that work out comes are the driver, and that CHANGE in welfare be a saving.
Now, UNBELIEVABLE? sorry true too, a person changed with letting a contract, in fact all contracts for LABOR HIRE grants it to his sisters firm.
When questioned leaves, to work for? his sister!
Such is the NSW RTA!
I want an end to corruption.
A job not dole, if government makes any form of job we pay in the end,council rates are separate and could be subsidized by federal funds.
We must one day look for better out comes for welfare not starving folk to death.
And am sure even better ideas are out there, even from contributors here.
In the end I think a job is better than sit down money, for the community and the receiver.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 5:45:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DiamondPete,
As is your standard you're dribbling nonsense again. Reducing the pension ? You mean reducing the value of everything you've paid for all your life ? Because you don't know I'll tell you now. Pensioners have already paid that money during their working life & yes it was a working life unlike yours which by the sounds of it is a mere hanging in till payday. Get a life. Ah, & a proper job too while you're at it !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 6:34:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
work for his sister ?
Belly,
Yes, just like paying the Unions for the right to work. You're right, all extremely hypocritical !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 6:36:42 AM
Individual, you're wrong. Old age pensioners have NOT "already paid that money" that they are living on. The ONLY people who have "already paid that money" are self funded retirees, not on the old age pension, who have made their "own" contributions to their superannuation pensions (separate from the "GOVERNMENT" 9% contributions).

Therefore I was correct .... you right wingers have complete and total double standards when it comes to old age pensioners on the old age pension (who live off "OUR" taxes, the taxes of people currently working) and people receiving unemployment benefits.

Your far right wing ideology = double standards.
Posted by DiamondPete, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:09:48 PM
DP read the gents reply to me.
Can you see how he got to unions? I am an ex union official.
We, you I every one, must understand, it is the best he can produce.
Find me, in this thread alone, a post that is not purely an insult.
Find me one related to this thread and it will not have his name under it.
Not all who oppose our views are right wing extremists.
Some would not understand their left from the right wing.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 3:17:02 PM
NOT "already paid that money"
DiamondPete,
Perhaps it was all before your time but Belly will remeber when your taxes included a component for the pension. Super was always a voluntary system. It was Labor who made Super compulsory. In my opinion this was an extremely good move by Labor but unfortunately their only good move.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 24 October 2012 6:36:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy