The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Alan Jones comment

Alan Jones comment

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. All
Sydney broadcaster Alan Jones said to a Young Liberals club dinner:
“The old man recently died a few weeks ago of shame…to think that he had a daughter who told lies every time she stood for parliament.”

He was referring to Gillard’s recent loss of her father. I personally believe Jones’ statement was bitchy and inappropriate. I had suggested that the wrong Gillard had died, but my statement was based on the better of two scenarios for our nation’s wellbeing.

I qualified my cynicism of Gillard statement with her utterance, “don’t give the pensioners a pay rise, they don’t vote for us anyway. But I can understand Jones’ revulsion of this woman. She is spending BILLIONS on rubbish while people die on hospital waiting lists and this fact means nothing to this Lawyer.

Gillard has exhibited nothing except a maniacal self serving want to hold government regardless of what lies she has to tell to the electorate to achieve it. She has no personal credibility, and that is long standing as her moral decline started early in her career.
>> MANAGERS at law firm Slater & Gordon considered sacking Julia Gillard during a 1995 secret internal investigation into alleged fraud committed by her then-boyfriend and Australian Workers Union boss Bruce Wilson as stated from then-partner at the firm Peter Gordon. Ms Gillard's relationship with the firm's management had "fractured, and trust and confidence evaporated".<<

Gillard is morally bankrupt, has been for decades and Jones’ heartless vitriol mirrors a sizeable proportion of the populations sentiments when it comes to having any humanistic thoughts regarding Gillard. She is simply not worth it…….. Remember the “real Julia Gillard” tripe they tried to spin to reinvent her a while ago…there is no real Julia Gillard…there is a heartless commissar schooled from her teens in an ideology that considers the population as collateral to her political ethos.

Gillard has shown a greater degree of contempt for the electorate than all those who came before her, she is loathed by many plebs and the lack of empathy is understandable.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 30 September 2012 11:24:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for abuse.]
Posted by wobbles, Sunday, 30 September 2012 4:23:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOG I raised this in my media thread.
But your comment brings me here.
My view on Gillard is well known.
Mate your comment belongs with Alan Jones one, unfounded mostly just slander.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 30 September 2012 4:37:57 PM
oh dear another two [points in the poll
i said the same thing before allen..but the media wanted a beatup

you havto know statistics reveal..that twice as many people die after a birthday..than die BEFORE a birthday..looking forward in hoppe keeps people alive

fearing the truth will finally 'out'
ogf course that didnt add a bit

of course not..water off a ducks back to the father of an aventurous politico..surrounded by her past conquests..married or not apparently

yes its harsh..but that media..LOSED face off with media
indicates something..erven if by those NOT INVITED..ie a friendly soft press corpse

bah
its a dirty game

but think would thatcher have rung nasa
for a shuttle of astronaught nappies..or looked frail and sick..poor little girl

its all image
like febuary..all over again..and watch the polls
it works..till the dirt file opens..at the wrong time

take note
in politics.TIMMING IS EVRYthing
dad knew it..?..you bet*
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 30 September 2012 4:41:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly>> Mate your comment belongs with Alan Jones one, unfounded mostly just slander.<<

Belly, I quoted from a Peter Gordon statement. He said of Gillard,"Ms Gillard's relationship with the firm's management had fractured, and trust and confidence evaporated".

He said that Belly my china, not me.

Gillard said "no carbon tax" and Swan said "hysterically inaccurate report" when responding to the Libs accusation pre election, they were lies, and without the lie they would not have got the numbers. So there is no first party slander in my lot Belly, nor Jones’, he called her a liar.

[Deleted. Refers to earlier deleted comment.]
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 30 September 2012 5:19:39 PM
All politicians lie.
It's part of their job description.

Alan Jones is a loathsome man, puffed up with his own self perceived importance.
Saying such a thing about anyone's beloved father, not long after their death, is disgusting, and has nothing to do with politics.

He needs to lose his job now.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 30 September 2012 9:23:21 PM
Oh Gawd, not another toss fest coming up !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 30 September 2012 9:46:28 PM
disgusting comments showing that not only the left are willing to sink to depths.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 30 September 2012 11:30:17 PM
SOG I try mate to not clash with you.
But here you, OUG, one more,who is uninformed so blameless get every bit a slow as Jones, IN MY OPINION.
No need exists to EVER get that low, we need me too, to get over the black cloud that hovers over our comments of late.
We see a few new comers who too need to consider the link between comment and truth.
decentsy and comment.
No poster has less respect for Gillard here than me.
But no way I even believe this horrible junk.
SOME can be forgiven, on the evidence of their posts they can do no better, but I had hoped, under your mask SOG you would know most of this anti Gillard hate is based on her sex, not politics, you add by your comment logs to a fire that never should have been set a light.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 1 October 2012 5:33:49 AM
belly ITS ALLWAYS the wrong time ol mate
but people are bying this EVEN YOU*

but mate its going to hurt..egos
and curse us with an opposition..of low numbers..again
for this i cannot forgive your mates

its sam same
then we visit the dirt file
and sold out yert again

we need get clear the alp/union party..IN NTHE STATES
double electricity prices..in 4 years..not a union complained nor bought alp to heal..only endebit us to the gills..plus tacx over 150 new charges on unionists

union silence is pathetic
liyng dogs get fleas..you think the bitting wont get worse

wait till it falls 3 points
then its too late mate
the girl kis over her head..we can usually say shes in bed..but we know thats only too close to a reason for f=urther indeignation

how would thatcher ot joan kernow do it
the handbag brigade and lawyers and unionised dandies

sorry mat i stopped my self for too long because your so tied kinto those who sold you and the rest of us out years ago

think mate..when you bought your house you paid near 10%
now you got a house size lump in the bank your getting 5..6%..for now

only by clever book keeping
if firms borrow billions..think like gunns..free land..just for clearfelling an ancient forest ecology

planting 800,000 of hectares with pulp[ quality trees
they now are going to clear up and sell for fractions of ythat lost

mate corrupt govt did deals for jobs
people invested in scemes..BILLIONS LOST..and made..but the asset remaining need cleaning up..who pays for that..do we get govt land back?

no

think mate
why is it so?
Posted by one under god, Monday, 1 October 2012 6:53:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
whats with lab govts giving stuff away
like anna blight..gifting 34,000 hecgtares of forrest within one hour of brissie/and the sunshine coast..

position position position

a whole future city..sold for cents inm thne dollar[for 800 million
[if govt had subdivided it..into FUTURE home business etc
it could have cleared half..our then 65 billion debt
now 85bill

intrest alone..running to 20 million..per day

THANK-YOU ALP

thank-you..the unions LEVIED
to suport a political/partying/money machine

stuff the workers..you rather be with them..in the shed?
or here with us..drinking free champain on my union credit card"

heh..look theres a hooker
union credit card anyone?

these scum lorded..it over the workers too long ol mate

INCOME tax isnt wage

wage ISNT Income
income is that \..*intrest you get on ya lump sum

yes workers WERE NEVER MEANT to pay tax..on wage!

WE DONT GOT 'wage' tax!

cause thats unlawfull..!

but the unions..never say nuthin
their mates dont tell em to say\.

how/where/when/who..and what!

give me at least ..HE WAS HE INSPIRATION*
he guided nurtured her..if her glory was comming..he would find the WILL to hangon..

but he saw the writting on the wall
so does she..let him rest

mourn*..

her whole reason for living..!
cant you see she looks sick..wether its make up..or photo shop or ever present photo-op

..it wont work forever!

then at last..we can say rip alp
who..decieved the workers..for far too long
served your special intrests..for far too long..

by the by
howe many unionists are masons?
then how many union organisers are members of the law society?

more than half of govt members
>>are or were lawyers!

bah

i love you ..but
cant stand by..letting ya mates keep raping the workers..
and getting of scott free..

not the right time..yep
its never ;the right time'

so lets return to this topoic..in 8 moths
or just before xmass..or when her dad says so...oh no
when ever ..*the next father replacement..says so

is this not so?
we just..dont know.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 1 October 2012 7:20:45 AM
look mate its time to dig the dead plant..dead wood

divide the roots..unions/juliar

ruddy mate and his ego

but one dead rotted corpse dies

two true mission dedicated plants regrow
your a gardener,,the plant IS DYING..divide the roots

call election..24 dec

let the lawyers negotiate
start the new year with truth

referndum fixed terms rediuuced govt..spendinmg limits
who own s our money the whole mess..sort it

i feel like they did in briton
where all our assets were enterd into 'the book'

we go back to basic..end the rot
this year..or else

its over
Posted by one under god, Monday, 1 October 2012 7:34:42 AM
It was a very nasty comment and our country could do far better without the level of nastyness and the willingness to do harm that some want to bring to "political" debate.

The comments by Jones though are not some kind of island, isolated from the level of what a lot treat as the way to do things. More direct than many use but in the end they have no real power of Gillard, theybare unlikely to sway votes (except possibly incrasing sympathy for her).

The Gillard government brought in changes to family law that will be doing far greater harm to some fathers with unproven accusations by people who stand to gain financially and sometimes personally from the outcome being used as a basis for "protecting" children. They and the Libs oversee a so called child support system that is brutal in its extremes and lack of fairness against responsible parents. A system that provides financial rewards for those who isolate the other parent from their children and does not care how thats achieved.

Jones is part of the cancer but less brutal than many of those who seek and cling to power.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 1 October 2012 7:42:50 AM
I think you are right Robert.This nastiness is pervading our whole society.When I saw the bite on Billy Slater's ear by a Bull Dog's player yesterday,they lost any support I felt for them.

Both the major parties have a win at any cost mentality and the welfare of this country and it's people rate at a very poor 3rd or 4th concern.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 1 October 2012 8:00:07 AM
His hatred of women must run in the party. The comments of Jones is beyond that of free speech. This man deserves to be dismissed as a commentator, a stripped of any social standing what so ever.
No apologies can recapture his beyond human comments. He should be put down.
Posted by 579, Monday, 1 October 2012 8:03:30 AM
Jones was at a Liberal Party function when he made these disgusting comments. Abbott's response of "comments are out of order" this type of 'soft' response by Abbott gives them tacit approval.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 1 October 2012 8:57:12 AM
see weak leaders look for easy fixes
like ewar heroes bush/howard..he was by nature a coward..so the greens pushed that line and he tiook a firm stand[grandstand]

like howard before here she will get an issue
ride it like kiddies over bored..to an easy win..so her script goes

but dad is a realist..he seen the leaf rot
he has noted the mites sukking the sap energy honour

you can too
but swallow the con..veniant 'truth'
just like bush howards..its the cowards way..wait pounce kill neuter

wait
wait wait..do nuthing then next year when the world falls appart
some balance of power..scamer holds the balance of power

clean up the mess today
while the calm before the storm..
globally unwimds its inevitable bad fruits

for the love of good govt..do it today
mercy kill spill everythin assets party..disovlve all contracts deals scams..reveasal the links upon links..who is in bed with who..for too long media has kept silent

bravo alan..i will speak for you
but your the wurd genious..break this farce..just with fact
and the normal way of things..from that..to today

govt leaders is amiteur hour/front man stooges
the public service is corrupted..by power fame money

its either lead the revolt
or seeks dissoplution of everything
auction off everything..then capitalise two new arms left/right

ditto the libs/nats greens
that are like the alp top heavey
Posted by one under god, Monday, 1 October 2012 9:03:09 AM
funny how people want him dismissed (especially the ABC) while Q @ A delight to have a woman on air who claims Irwin's 13 year old girl should be laid. Typical double standards displaying how corrupt human nature is. How self righteous the left become.
Posted by runner, Monday, 1 October 2012 9:11:58 AM
The comments of 579 " He must be put down" are equally offensive because of the innuendo of wanting Jones' killed.

Both the the major parties are controlled by large corp interests and we constantly get sucked in by playing the tribal game called politics.

The Gillard AWU affair,Barry O'Farrell backing coal seam gas on farming land etc,all go to show how corrupt our system has become.

The mighty $ rules us because we have let the financial system own our productivity by creating from nothing the moeny to equal it.We have lost our sovereignity and democracy.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 1 October 2012 9:23:15 AM
His hatred of women must run in the party.
this remark is idiotic, Jones made the mistake of making his remark publicly.
As he pointed out in the interview, he cope just as much ridicule as most people in public life.
At least he had the decency of apologising, something Australia is still awaiting from Julia Gillard.
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 October 2012 9:32:43 AM
jones apology doesn't count for anything. The comment is in the wild and probably around the world by now. Any opology has got to be on a far more broader scope.
I did not say Jones should be killed, that is your own slant. Arjay.
There is more than one way of being put down.
Abbott's response was about normal as far as Abbott goes. He hates women also.
Abbott and jones are two peas in the same pod.
Jones should be stripped of any public comment as of now.
Posted by 579, Monday, 1 October 2012 11:26:33 AM
Arjay>> The Gillard AWU affair,Barry O'Farrell backing coal seam gas on farming land etc,all go to show how corrupt our system has become.<<

Barry O’Farrell is Barrie Unsworth’s simpler twin. These guys succeed to the top job because of the lack of talent available at the time. They are bland journeymen who have a total reliance on the party and public service bureaucrats around them. Barrycrats without persona and without a vision beyond the next poll. We have no talent on the horizon.

Belly, I have firmly believed since adolescence that women are the more formidable gender, so there are no sexist overtones to my continued character assassination on Gillard. When Labor were in opposition I had marveled at how competently Gillard could answer in depth questions from the media on every portfolio in cabinet, she talked sense….most ministers don’t have a grasp on the one they have responsibility for.

Gillard was always the hope of the side in my long term prognostications. Her working class background and her parent’s vocations of psyche nurse and geriatric nurse led me to believe that this girl has her priorities right, not a populist but an advocate for the ordinary pleb…..how wrong I have been Belly.
TBC
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 1 October 2012 12:07:20 PM
My bitterness towards Gillard comes from the fact that she could have been something special, but she is just a cog, put in place then turned by other cogs….she is a disappointment to the rank and file, the plebs and her true self, wherever that is now. I won’t let up on Gillard Belly, she is in it for herself not for the nation and many despise her for that.

Alan Jones has become a captive of his own reflection. I recall Mike Charlton a jock who held the number 1 slot for years, getting all precious and personal in his comments to others when he was burning out, perspective goes. Jones who regularly quotes his father’s laconic bushy views on life certainly talks common sense in the face of bureaucratic bullsheiser and many want a voice for common sense. But he is a queen, and if you know the nature of queens they become bitchy, comes with the territory. I think Jones is a good man who says many sensible basic things, such as sustainability and protecting what we have.

We need commentators like Jones because as Arjay said the parties are driven by the same master….money….not the people.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 1 October 2012 12:07:27 PM
OUG>> bah <<

Thats it OUG, let it all out, love the way you express yourself sport.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 1 October 2012 12:12:48 PM
579>> Abbott's response was about normal as far as Abbott goes. He hates women also.
Abbott and jones are two peas in the same pod.<<

I doubt that Abbott hates women, but if he did I doubt the pod arrangement would suit Abbott, it may suit Jones though.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 1 October 2012 12:18:18 PM
OUG been a long time, did not bother reading past your first line in your answer to me.
Take no notice of SOG many are not reading your posts, mine and his.
No fakery about this, knew the London park story about AJ.
Know the jokes about footballers and ice buckets, both rugby games.
[Bulldogs at least went in hungry yesterday].
Jones is a vile creation, his words would be unacceptable if aimed at Abbott, to me too.
No one, wants the back end of Gillard more than me, no one should except this trash talk.
It is anti female and anti humanity, UNFORGETTABLE/UNFORGIVABLE.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 1 October 2012 12:26:01 PM
Hi belly,
I agree 'Jones is a vile creation, his words would be unacceptable if aimed at Abbott, to me too."
I am an old pommy bastard and know what my rellies think back in the UK of this lump of shock jock slime. This will knock a big hole in Australias reputation in Asia, where respect for the elderly is part of their culture. What will they think of Australia after being fed with cuddly Koalas for so long, it will knock a hole in our tourist trade thats for certain.
Posted by PEST, Monday, 1 October 2012 2:30:43 PM
AJ is welcome to speak at future liberal functions, what does this say for the liberal camp. Abbott should have condemned those comments, but he is comfortable to live with it.
No matter who the comments were about, it should never have been said.
Absolute slime of the worst kind, and it has the blessing of the liberal camp.
Posted by 579, Monday, 1 October 2012 2:53:28 PM
Further analysis:

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4288824.html
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 1 October 2012 2:58:04 PM
from the link

only two things needed to happen:

an apology from Alan
and, now that an apology had been made,

*its acceptance by the Prime Minister...

anymore is grandstanding
beatup

if you dont like the dude dont give him publicity
you created the rod for your own back

and note the mud
yep perfect operation..get out ya purse

its sad belly you once again didnt read
mate your key in resolving things

really mate
you know gardening pull the weeds
Posted by one under god, Monday, 1 October 2012 3:37:36 PM
Goodonya pest!
Would like to sit with the barmy army and maybe you at the cricket.
Love a stir with you poms like you too but donnt tell anyone.
PS sit behind AJ never in front.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 1 October 2012 5:58:47 PM
Before condemning Alan Jones beyond reasonable doubt can anyone say for certain the poor man didn't stress out too much because of his daughter's performance ?
I don't actually mean that but I'm merely drawing attention to a possibility for which so many are willing to throw the first stone. This is 2012 not the witchcraft ages.
The Prime Minister has every right to feel appalled at the comments just as the Opposition leader has every right to feel appalled at all the insults thrown at him. John Howard had to endure endless ridicule or is that too long ago ?
Ms Gillard as have most politicians has a thick skin & I'd say the comments were doing more for her at the moment than any survey.
I have no intention to rub salt into the wound or insult anyone. I merely want to point out the pointlessness of feigned indignation by those who always feign everything else that can be feigned.
I hope the Prime Minister will shrug those comments in no time.
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 October 2012 7:03:13 PM
Alan Jones made a comment I found loathsome. However, his loathsome comment did not present a clear and present danger. I do not believe he should be penalised for it. Those who do not want to listen to him do not have to listen to him, but I think they have no right to prevent those who want to listen to him from listening to him.

The right to say what no one finds loathsome exists in the most abject tyranny.

Speech that poses a clear and present danger is already against the law since it is incitement and harassment which are crimes under English common law.

Alan Jones is a loathsome man, puffed up with his own self perceived importance, but that is no reason to shut him up.
Posted by david f, Monday, 1 October 2012 7:13:03 PM
I think davidf has made the salient point.Jones is arrogant and at times sprouts BS." I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death for your right to say it." This is what true democracy is all about.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 1 October 2012 7:48:42 PM
Yes, that is democracy for sure, but that doesn't mean he should be paid to say such comments on a radio show.

I realize Jones comments were made at a Liberal Party function, however we all know it is just one of many nasty comments he has made in public.

I think he will be sacked anyway, after seeing all the big advertisers pulling out of his radio-station....
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 1 October 2012 11:36:00 PM
The only thing more disappointing than Jones' comments are the efforts by some to struggle to find excuses for him making them.
There are none - beyond them being part of his bitter and twisted nature.

He is a serial offender and despite being proven corrupt, an inciter of racist violence and extremely politically partisan, he knows exactly what he is saying.

Jones also has an AO but there are now efforts by some to have it stripped from him.
Posted by rache, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 1:33:17 AM
To put this in perspective:

Jones' comment was insensitive given the recent death of her father. However, the faux outrage from labor desperately trying to tie this to Abbott smacks of desperation.

Some facts:

Abbott and the liberals went out of their way to ensure that JG had a week to grieve without distractions. This has been ignored.

AJ is not a liberal party office bearer, and the student club he was addressing, while bearing the name "young liberals" is not affiliated to the liberal party in any way.

There is a plethora of inappropriate comments made about liberal leaders, by labor and union officials, for which Labor has never once offered an apology.

AJ is a "shock jock" who thrives on outrageous comments. This is unlikely to dent his standing as the single most popular commentator. The advertisers that are pulling away, will most probably return, or others will take their place.

Finally shame is not a medical condition. Mr Gillard was JG's greatest fan and proud of all the lies she told.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 6:11:40 AM
Jones has hidden behind a shield of PC all his life.
He has as said up the thread much to hide, yet if I, and I have form behind a Mike, let loose on his habits, he would cry foul.
Yet this woman like, hater of females does this every day, on air and gets rich doing it.
I HIGHLIGHT those supporting his right to be the grub he is.
And HIGHLIGHT TOO if his words came about a Liberal leader, they would scream the loudest!
Standards of decentsy are for us all.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 6:17:00 AM
Alan jones is a radio commentator and like all commentators says or writes things occasionally desiegned to bring attention to themselves.

What jones said was inappropriate but no worse than comments of other commentators, left and right. Speaking of which, he was right about the PM being a liar, that is for sure.

People have short memories. Do not Kyle and jackie O anyways say stuff that is wrong. Some time back there was a ruckus about their questioning a young girl about her sex life or something. What about Hinch. Catherine Devenly recently commented about a 14yo girl "hope she gets laid" And about someone else "hope he gets arse cancer"

So really, people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Slow news day. I do not listen to radio, Time better spent.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 7:17:44 AM
What seems to have been overlooked is that the Prime Minister has
refused to take a call from Alan Jones, but at the same time is happy
to use the situation to attack not just Alan Jones but Tony Abbott as well !

Really I will say it, The PM is a hypocrite !
To use her father like that is-- I am lost for words !
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 8:54:59 AM
You can not make excuses for this slime bag. The liberals have stated their support for Jones.
Every corner of the world has heard about this. Hopefully this will be the end of Jones and his defamatory mouth.
The carbon tax was supposed to have bankrupted Australia.
What Jones says Abbott repeats.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 8:55:38 AM
im not seeing enough of what really happend

like listening it sounded like a throway line you make walking back to your seat..or someone gave you a look or set it up cleverly

if the pm really is upset
why bring tony into it

right?

she is so fake
i cant wait til she calls the election
and we get her tapes..se now clearly its personal

secret recordings made by any press dude
go for it..no secrets..the poor little girl

juliar/joan of arc/ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
much like pope joan ..soon to fall from histry

the little red hennie penny..that could..
i think i can..i think i can

nope she didnt
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 9:23:44 AM
I notice that the wife of Chris Bowen (cabinet minister) tweeting to the whole world (prior to this) that she wished Alan Jones' cancer would return is quietly swept under the carpet.

Chris Bowen has refused to respond to this, this makes him just as much as a grub as Alan Jones.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 10:15:32 AM
The fact that offensive remarks have been made about coalition members is still no excuse for this type of comment.

Politicians have always been fair game for satire and personal smear but to portray cartoons of Gillard wearing a strap-on marital aid and sodomising people goes a bit too far in my opinion.
Howard never suffered this level of personal abuse.

The usual cheer squad of shock-jocks and partisan journalists leading and encouraging this sort of campaign seem all too eager to provoke offense.

The level of nastiness seems to have increased over the last couple of years and seems to coincide with escalating racism - also sponsored by the same people.

To call Gillard a liar but to ignore the multiple policy lies of incoming State Premiers seems more than a bit inconsistent as well.

We have become a very ugly society as a result.

I wonder what Abbott will do to calm things down if he ever becomes PM, or will it just become business as usual under his regime?
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 11:19:53 AM
In the real world very few men are in control of what her in doors says.
To hold a fine man like Bowen up against the woman, like spite filled, AJ is just a joke.
If it gives you joy OK but do not expect too many not to find it funny.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 12:17:22 PM
Belly and wobbles,

Both Abbott and Howard before him have been the target of unrelenting bile from Labor, GetUp etc.

The Tweet by AA's wife wishing cancer on Jones is in fact far worse than Jones' comment. That Bowen refuses to apologise puts him on a par with Jones.

This comment, however inappropriate, is linked to Abbott the same way the wishing cancer on Jones is linked to Juliar. The hypocrisy of labor is breathtaking.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 1:03:52 PM
Not being in Sydney, and not listening to crap commercial radio anyway, I don't fall under the spell of Jones. But from this distance, he is obviously a moron, not too bright actually, just a bit brighter than his 80- IQ audience, which is all he needs, I suppose. A sort of right-wing Catherine Deveney.

But why on earth give either of those half-wits the time of day ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 5:00:12 PM
But why on earth give either of those half-wits the time of day ?
Loudmouth,
Because we've given too much to the quarter-wits already. Considering that we have school kids running riot in our streets & homeless & unemployed people & here we are are quabbling about something so unimportant. Insensitive jokes are part of celebrity come political life. Get over it ! As they say, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. There are important issues to be discussed.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 8:32:50 PM
I know a person who has worked with AJ.Yes he's is very arrogrant like many at the top of the dung heap and will not suffer fools or incompetence lightly.

Jones to his credit constantly takes Woolies and Coles to task about their cartel powers.He is one of the few who attacks the coal seam gas industry and reveals the lies of global warming.This makes him a huge target of the left and industries who want to profit from the new derivative called the ETS and the Carbon Tax which feeds it.

All is not black and white.Be careful of what you wish for,since the real tyrants control both Labor and the Coalition.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 8:57:45 PM
Shadow Minister,

It was actually the the wife of Mr Bowen who (re-)tweeted that remark and Bowen addressed it on radio this morning.

I still maintain that the level and degree of personal attacks on Gillard are far in excess of anything done to either Howard or Abbott but, considering what they did to Rudd, Latham, Keating and Whitlam - smear has always been the typical conservative strategy.

The old political maxim has never been more true -

"If you don't have the facts, argue the law.
If you don't have the law, argue the facts.
If you don't have the facts or the law, call the other person names."
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 2 October 2012 10:39:41 PM
Wobbles,

Firstly, wishing cancer on someone is far worse than implying your father died of shame, secondly, re Tweeting something means that you agree with what's said and you send it out as your own.

There are plenty of cases of left wing journalists saying far worse things about Howard and his ministers and the present opposition with not one hint of condemnation from any labor minister. It is just that the Left and Labor are immediately outraged at the smallest slight.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 3 October 2012 7:14:24 AM
wobbles I'm guessing the second comment on this thread, the one by yourself that now reads "Deleted for abuse" was an example of the reasoned non-abusive comment that you favour. Yep its all those nasty conservative types who lower the tone of debate, never your side.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 3 October 2012 7:23:18 AM
im looking at the timmings of this
2%..no it happend two poll perriods ago

timming is everything
just as she wil level out..or fall back

pull out that alan jones thing
when was it?

jjust after dad..before un..where she didnt speak?
cant you see that sin is being done here in who's name?

and then conspiring..the timming of the realease

its timming is just too perfect
since this alan j0nes..by no mean ignorant..spake the wurds..as an as-side yes it was silly..too silly to wazste this much time over infact

unless it getts the right poll numbers
and its worked so far..a treat..but mostly we know tony didnt say it

no one suports it
so why keep trying to link it to libs
i will bet you two of john laws cars..its not written in his speech notes..does he even need notes..see the thing is why assume..insult

ALL INSULT is bound up in this wise quote

{{.."""If you don't have the facts, argue the law.
If you don't have the facts or the law, call the other person names."

if you can throw mud
throw it when you can
while you can
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 3 October 2012 8:08:01 AM
Shadow Minister -
"There are plenty of cases of left wing journalists saying far worse things about Howard ".
Far worse? Examples?

R0bert.
A pity you never got to see the "abusive comment" - it was an observation about Jones himself and the Young Libs. For what it's worth, it was less abusive and offensive than Jones' comments have been.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 4 October 2012 2:35:28 AM
wobbles, I did get to see the comment. In my view out of the same slop bucket as Jones comments except targetting a bunch of people you know nothing about except their political leanings.

Might be my biases showing but it seems to me the left is very fond of throwing some very dirty mud around but gets ever so indignant when any comes in their direction. I recall plenty of jokes about John Howards likely lack of prowess as a lover, plenty of jokes about Amanda Vanstones appearance sometimes quite clever, other times just to keep their political enemies giggling.

Neither side is innocent but to make the kind of comments you made in that deleted comment and then carry on about name calling takes a special kind of lack of awareness of your own biases.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 4 October 2012 6:26:30 AM
Wobbles,

An ABC journalist called Howard an unflushable turd, Likewise another journalist said that another cabinet member and family should be glassed to death and prevented from breeding, with no response from Labor.

Once again with Labor it is "do as I say, not as I do."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 4 October 2012 9:15:36 AM
http://www.ellistabletalk.com/2012/09/12/the-real-julia-stripped-bare/
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 4 October 2012 9:21:03 AM
SM,
That journo was wrong about Howard, the voters of Bennelong managed to flush him away in 2007. Is Jones a paid up member of the Liberal Party?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 4 October 2012 9:40:37 AM
Paul,

Your failure to condemn this journo, shows that you don't deviate from the lefties one way hypocrisy.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 4 October 2012 1:18:16 PM
Paul, Jones we are told is not a member of the Liberal party.
Most likely has been but not now.
He was a paid script writer for more than one leader.
The man is a grub, we are not to talk of his homosexuality.
He has PC to protect that.
He has said many low things, much more than any I ever heard about.
We have our idiots, not in the same race.
I ask this.
If it was every defenders wife daughter mother so targeted would they say it was other than filth out of a filthy mouth.
IF AJ was a labor supporter would his sex life be treated differently.
Paul, do not feed the trolls.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 4 October 2012 3:31:31 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/republicans-media-relations-are-a-cautionary-tale-for-liberals-20121003-26zkg.html
I am not sure if the link has been posted before.
It is telling, wide ranging and a reminder of the wider impacts of such things.
I note polls are still very heavily against Jones.
And too, that seemingly some forget the welded on supporters are never, the ones having the final say.
Those who are undecided are watching us all
Posted by Belly, Friday, 5 October 2012 4:48:33 AM
SM,

"An ABC journalist called Howard an unflushable turd,...with no response from Labor."
In this case I fail to see the connection between the journo, the turd and the Labor Party. however in the Gillard case it took place at a Liberal Party sanctioned function and they must take responsibility for what Jones said.
I have no respect for Jones what so ever, I do have some respect for Howard but as a poly he is fair game for people like your journo (I don't think what he said about Howard demonstrates any degree of professionalism on his part, but that's another story).
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 5 October 2012 7:56:38 AM
Paul,

It having been established that AJ who made the comment is not a liberal party member, or that the young liberals society is not affiliated with the liberal party, there is no more there for Abbott to apologise for than in the case of the journo I cited.

As for Howard being fair game, then by your own logic, the left is being far too precious over a throw away line by a shock jock.

Sorry Paul, you can't have it both ways.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 5 October 2012 9:08:22 AM
SM

Politically it was a 'good' comment for The Bimbo, for me The Mad Monk is off the hook and Jones can fry.
Come on mate, you and I both know for a politician a bit of pious indignation is nearly as good as offering a tax cut at election time.
I personally was mortified and not to mention completely discombobulated (don't get to use that word to often) by the Jones comment.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 5 October 2012 12:02:02 PM
Just a quick thought about Jones losing sponsors. As Arjay mentioned, Jones hooks into the duopoly that is Wesfarmers and Woolies on a regular basis.

It is not indignation motivating the big two’s decision to pull advertising….it is revenge. Further, Dilmah were lap dogging to Woolies and Coles, and who knows the motivation that drove Mercedes, Honda, Volvo, ING and Freedom furniture, but I would guess it is the positive aspect of moral kudos, they jumped on the band wagon.

I could surmise what motivated Yenda and Lionel Lee was probably moral indignation, but the rest were for reasons other than indignation…..they will be back, their marketing departments will demand it. Jones still wins his time slot, survey in, survey out.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 5 October 2012 5:56:30 PM
To someone who is not in NSW, Jones comes across as nothing more than a blowhard in a sleazy pub, balancing unsteadily on a bar-stool, nursing a half-warm beer for hours, the sort that you try to avoid eye contact with: a flushable turd.
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 5 October 2012 6:06:06 PM
Loudmouth, for all that Jones is, or is not, he is the champion of things that really matter. Unlike other talk back commentators he delivers more than the front page and a quirky story from page 16, and his bleating about a subject does not diminish when the front page story becomes wrapping for chips.

Our water issues, coal seam gas, foreign ownership, Australian made, food sustainability…no one else harps on about these like Jones, he is committed to an Australia that he grew up in. Independent and run by governments that had Australia’s self sufficiency as a cornerstone to the Commonwealth agenda over which they presided.

Jones is good mate, and he is probably full of himself, but I can’t see him in a sleazy pub with a half warm beer in his hand, he’s too sartorial for that
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 5 October 2012 7:42:12 PM
Loudmouth and others,

AJ remains the single most popular commentator in Australia. While he does not pretend not to be partisan, he has an uncanny knack of digging up the dirt on labor and broadcasting it. The real problem Labor has is that they can't dispute the facts and they would prefer that no one knew about them.

The news cycle will move on, AJ's listeners will increase due to the publicity, and the sponsors will come back.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 6 October 2012 6:09:14 AM
Hi All

If you are in Sydney can I suggest you tune into 88.9FM Radio Skid Row a community based station with great music and talk. AND as a bonus you get NO Allen Jones, John Laws or Ray Hadley.

SM I like this from you "The real problem Labor has is that they can't dispute the facts and they would prefer that no one knew about them."

To paraphrase what you said:
The real problem JONES has is that HE can't dispute the facts and HE would prefer that no one knew about them.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 6 October 2012 7:50:06 AM
Paul,

AJ reveals the facts that Labor would like to go unnoticed. These are the facts that Labor has not and cannot tried to dispute. AJ is worth $24m p.a. to the radio station. Getup's handbag hit squad will run out of steam when the focus moves elsewhere, and AJ will continue as before.

Radio skid row's handful of listeners is precisely because they don't have someone like him.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 6 October 2012 11:12:41 AM
Jones has overstepped the mark, and will bring the station down with himself.
He is a puppet for the liberal party and probably collects money for the deal.
He is a slanderous individual, and needs to fade into the distance.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 7 October 2012 8:37:42 AM
Comrade 579, Jones is to the Libs what Oakes is to the Labor party….except Jones is not “my party right or wrong” as has recently been exhibited in Jones’ constant negative ramblings to the NSW Lib premier O’Farrell and his ministers regarding their absolute failure to achieve. I have found Jones a supporter but not an acolyte.

Where I find a kinship with Alan Jones is in his ongoing campaign to inform and protest about the sale of Australian resources to foreign interests. The duopoly that Wesfarmers and Woolies is. The ongoing rape of arable lands by the CSG operations. The plight of the farmer and our diminishing ability to be food sustainable. The management of water resources which have been roundly neglected by all political parties and the waste that has us borrowing ONE HUNDRED MILLION A DAY to sustain a semblance of what we had before Kev took over.

Jones more so has the interests of the plebs at heart than either political faction…..Jones is credible, more so than Abbott or Gillard and their malleable party platforms.

Dunno what you’re looking for in a broadcaster 579, but Jones says stuff that is good for you and me, unless you are a corporate lackey, a Fabian, or have capital invested in the rape and pillage of our nation.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 7 October 2012 10:36:14 AM

Given the rhetoric against the coalition for which Labor has no remorse that Juliar is a flushable excrement to be disposed of at the next election.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 7 October 2012 11:35:23 AM
Wow! - nice to see the "flushable excrement" metaphor is valued by both left and right in this debate.

Political debate in this country sure is a class act : )
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 7 October 2012 11:39:14 AM
Poirot please do not judge us all on SM he may have a crush on AJ.
Abbott if he could, would stop AJ saying those words.
And you as I do, can see past the insulting filth trying to hide the truth,AJ acted without reserve in a very low un-Australian way.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 7 October 2012 11:53:38 AM
Belly,

I agree (old mate : )...there are some lines you don't cross, and AJ, I'm afraid, got a bit too sure of himself and screwed up major league. I really think it's as simple as that.
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 7 October 2012 12:14:01 PM
Hi Poirot,

Glad to see you taking sides on an issue :)

As it happens, I would agree with you on this one, only more so. Jones is a creep who makes my skin crawl.

Whether or not he is a homosexual who likes masturbating with other homosexuals in public toilets, I couldn't possibly comment - not that there is anything particularly wrong with that, by the way: I'm trying to be even-handed here, as I suppose Jones and his mates were themselves, and not take sides in judging people's group behaviour.

But why give him oxygen ? Not being in Sydney, I can't for the life of me understand why anybody gives him the time of day. A moron.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 7 October 2012 1:07:36 PM
Poirot,

My use of the phrase was a test. The left seem to feel that they have the right to say these things, but the moment I did, (4 mins later) there you are commenting. Not a peep before hand.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 7 October 2012 3:02:51 PM
A moron is polite. The station has as it says, pulled all advertising from Jones show. To house a mongrel as this, they deserve to be shut down.
Abbott has been trying to flush labor for years, but can-not succeed.
The man has women problems, as history shows.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 7 October 2012 3:08:51 PM
Might well be love!
The left?
I happen to think that is rubbish.
But the use of the term, to hide AJs act of a grub, is telling.
I unlike SM know! as many Liberals are offended by the blokes anti female stance as they are Abbott,s.
Yes he lost,for the time his adds he is far from broke, but do not look for him at LIBERAL events.
The thought only the left is concerned about the man is both flattering to us and insulting to middle Australia.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 7 October 2012 4:51:17 PM
"My use of the phrase was test."

Well of course it was, SM.

Actually I was just passing and decided to comment.

1. Did I pass?

2. If so, is there some kind of formal recognition - as in a ribbon or certificate?
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 7 October 2012 5:28:03 PM
The stupid remark of Alan Jones is no longer what it is about.
As Harvey Norman said, it is a lynch mob !

It is an attempt to close down criticism running under the guise of
being affronted by Jone's remark.

What it is now about is Labour Party Protection.
Some of those making noise are not even pretending it is about Jones.
I for one will no longer shop at Woolworths until they return their
advertising.
I wonder if someone has overstepped the fair trading laws ?
It is a fairly obvious blackmail action after all.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 7 October 2012 5:31:08 PM
Poirot yes there is Shadow Minister has kindly let us write our own.
The award in fact is in every home, waiting to test our penmanship.
Smallest room in the house little roll on the wall take yours.
One for you too Bazz.
Tell me, how does the indignation of just about70% of this country women , in fact population become a Labor party tool?
What took place, in your own words, was wrong.
So come well respected bloke, be honest, can your rather weird words change the fact AJ is who he is, a drama QUEEN who trades ininsults, but cry,s if they are returned.
Take two Bazz, why not start a pro AJ movement, say send him a few flowers and a get well card, oh box of nose wipes too.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2012 4:43:44 AM
Poirot,

You passed with flying colours. The ability to completely ignore the offensive comments from the left, while responding rapidly to anything from the opposition, with just the right touch of sanctimonious umbridge.

Your award is admission is to Nicola (with her obvious failing as Attorney General to be bipartisan in the legal treatment of Slipper and Ashby) Rockson's handbag hit squad.

P.S. bring your own handbag.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 8 October 2012 6:49:39 AM
Not sure what you are on about Belly.
It is quite simple really.
There is a campaign by telephone & email against people who advertise on 2GB.
From what I understand, these people want them to withdraw their
advertising until 2GB sacks Alan Jones.

This is I think the illegal bit;
If they don't they will campaign against that business.

Sounds like blackmail to me and that is a criminal act. At the very least it is extortion and intimidation.

Do you support that ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 October 2012 6:59:41 AM
Forget about the $170 BILLION debt that the Labor criminals have secured for us in 5 short years.

Forget about the kids who died from heat exhaustion in roof cavities.

Forget about the BILLIONS stolen from us in the Roof Insulation and BER fiasco.

Forget about the open borders we now have and the women and children who have drowned because the young men take the life vests.

Forget about the failure of Grocery watch, Fuel watch, Aboriginal housing, Hospitals, Super GP clinics.

Forget about the dental scheme being taken away from our chronically ill.

Forget about the thousands of single mums they want to move to job start.

Forget about the morally bankrupt Labor criminals now eyeing off the nations pension funds.

Forget about everything except the stupid Jones comment and the spin that Abbott is a misogynist.

That the LABOR acolytes jump on the chance to regurgitate issues that do not address a single national security or prosperity matter exhibits the childish fantasy like thoughts of Labor hacks.

The Labor teams are duds and their followers are simpletons who deserve the pig’s breakfast that Labor has served up to them and theirs, but the nation deserves better.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 8 October 2012 7:15:43 AM
"flushable excrement"

I'm thinking unflushable excrement would be worse? I suppose you have to weigh up a super big turd that wont flush against a case of Delhi Belly.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 8 October 2012 8:28:45 AM
The Macquarie Radio Network announced on Sunday it would be temporarily suspending all advertising on Alan Jones' 2GB breakfast show, after an "unprecedented focus" on the controversial shock jock through mainstream and social media.

Network executive chairman Russell Tate said the "nature, tone and volume of the reaction" and the disruption caused to advertisers made it necessary for them to "call some 'time out'".

Stop the cash flow will stop Jones. Public opinion carries a lot of weight, with big retailers like Woolworths, can't be seen to be associated with a scum bag. Lets hope this action will see the end of Jones. FOREVER!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 8 October 2012 9:49:33 AM
Why do you need to see the end of Jones Paul? I understand if you don't wish to listen to his show, but why does it bother you what other people listen to, and what mechanism companies use to advertise to other people who listen to this show you dislike.

It's all very irrational.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 8 October 2012 10:03:51 AM
Jones has been on a very long lead for quite some time. A one sided, biased radio company. If you are critical of a govt, there should be equal time to answer the criticism so people can make an informed outcome. As it is Jones is working for the liberal party, probably paid,
and is making judgement for the listeners by his own propaganda.
Radio should be informative, without bias or blasphemous remarks.
This station has long been overstepping the mark, and should cease operations.
The liberal party have endorsed the criticism of the Prime minister of Australia by their own political mouth-piece.
What was said by Jones is beyond all bounds, and beyond any apologies to right the wrong.
Posted by 579, Monday, 8 October 2012 10:17:36 AM
SM,

Fascinating! : )

One side has the "Rockson Handbag Hit Squad" -

..and the other has the "Rocks In Head Hit Squad".

Who says Aussie politics is boring - it would make a superb vaudeville show.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 8 October 2012 10:27:49 AM
Houellebecq said;

It's all very irrational.

No, it is all very rational, if they can get Alan Jones shut up it will
protect the Labour Party from a major source of criticism.
After all the Labour party has the ABC branch of the party broadcasting
and on the internet for its support.

No 579, what you are advocating is simply censorship.
Just like the government is advocating a body to supervise newspapers
and I presume magazines. Once established the internet blogs and such
sources as this site would be the next logical step.

It is a pretty slippery slope that you are suggesting we embark upon.

It does seem to be that parties such as the labour party would love
to have the power over publishing that Joseph Stalin had, but know
that they cannot have that, so they try for a watered down version.
The last thing we need right now is Stephan Conroy sticking his oar
into the current situation.

Just think, before you could comment you would have to wear red underpants on your head !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 8 October 2012 10:42:30 AM
A few corrections...

'If you are critical of a govt, there should be equal time to answer the criticism so people can make an informed outcome.'

The Australian government has all the tools it needs to advertise it's policies. Preaching to the converted in daily prayer harms nobody.

'making judgement for the listeners by his own propaganda'

So you would prefer someone else make judgement for the listenrs? Q and A per chance?

'Radio should be informative, without bias or blasphemous remarks.'

Radio should be entertaining. Should The Chaser be informative without blasphemy?

'The liberal party have endorsed the criticism of the Prime minister of Australia by their own political mouth-piece.'

'as far as I'm concerned, as far as my Coalition colleagues are concerned, what Alan Jones said was wrong, unacceptable, offensive.'

T. Abbott (aka Mr Rabbit)
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 8 October 2012 11:00:55 AM
Dear Belly,

Jones acted in an Australian way. He acted like some Australians act. Unaustralian does not mean bad. Australian does not mean good.
Posted by david f, Monday, 8 October 2012 11:45:54 AM
poirot to include the full team of actors seen here in the out of town launch of the show we would need to launch in a sewage treatment works.
Sonofgloins input can not be matched by other than SM.
AJ poor sod, hey careful Belly! can say and do as he likes.
But those opposed to him?
Well we are troglodytes.
Or? apart from any thing else we just may be bringing the chickens home to roost.
I care not if he remains on radio or if his adds go or stay.
But bet on this, Abbott will not be seen by his side, until the election is over.
Flower for AJ? Pansy's are in full bloom.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2012 11:47:35 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/prissy-shrieks-of-fear-and-loathing-20121005-274a2.html
Gday, Betcha thought you had got rid of me.
I was out in the garden, looking to see if my flowers are ready to send to AL.
Magic! thought hit me, had not updated, be careful Belly!
Looked at the latest update of my news papers.
So glad I did link is good.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2012 11:59:33 AM
Haha just read that Belly. How opportunistic of Mr Carlton, a long time foe.

Sour grapes as far as I'm concerned and also a little bit pathetic to wait until a guy is down to give him that extra kick. Some of the insults are particularly Jones-esque, it's a magical exercise in irony.

I liked this comment...

'I don't like Alan Jones. I don't particularly like Mike Carlton either.
The reason I felt compelled to comment today is because Carlton's article on Jones is a perfect illustration of where the 'Left' go wrong when they come out swinging at someone like Jones.
A guy like Carlton is 100% convinced of his own superior intellect and therefore completely convinced that listeners of Jones are misguided. They are apparently " a mob, frightened and dumb." And therein lies the problem.
The Left's righteousness knows no humility whatsoever yet Carlton has the temerity to accuse Jones of intellectual snobbery?? Disagree with Carlton....well that's because you are stupid and ill-informed. Oh, if only the majority of the country were as intelligent as Carlton, the ABC, Gillard and the Greens. Oh the humanity. When will people learn??'

As with all media these days, the comments are much more incisive than the original articles.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 8 October 2012 12:20:56 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/decent-australia-says-enough-is-enough-20121007-2771n.html
Yet another comment from the left?
Filth from the filth?
I rather think it represents the good and fair in Australia.
But will watch in glee as SM /SOG try to turn it in to something dirty.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2012 12:23:32 PM
If that is the sort of bias jones is capable of, he is out of place as a public commentator. By using such language he must believe his audience is quite happy with his comments.
Using airways to spread his hatred of women of substance, far and wide.
This suggests the station is in favor of jones violence of women on air.
So without censoring what jones is able to say, it is up to the populace to call for an end to jones rule over a public platform.
It seems the liberals have an inbuilt fault gene, that allows such endorsement of absolute garbage and hatred being spread by a colleague.
Posted by 579, Monday, 8 October 2012 12:40:02 PM
H all true it is as you say.
However the second link from the home of Bolt is surely not lefytist.
AJ is a bloke with much to hide, he throws mud and rolls in it himself.
If the silly old thing can not take it he/she should not hand it out.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2012 3:40:17 PM
'If the silly old thing can not take it he/she should not hand it out.'

Amen to that too Belly. I think we are as one! Hehehe.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 8 October 2012 4:06:47 PM
http://www.themonthly.com.au/sydneys-talkback-titan-and-his-mythical-power-whos-breakfast-mr-jones-david-salter-216
BIASED? can you be biased if it is true.
I could post many ribald storeys told over and again in football sheds.
And double that from my knowledge of the bloke.
But, while one sided, however true, this long link best tells the mans story.
Indeed he seems to have fallen to the same sword he used so often.
Found the link informative and fun!
Posted by Belly, Monday, 8 October 2012 5:41:16 PM
The thing that stuck out about the Carlton piece for me is that some utterly miss the point that Jones and other like him get the audience they do because they voice the concerns of an audience that otherwise feels that it's without a voice. Similar to what I think happened with Pauline Hanson.

The analysis may be lacking, the proposed solutions may be unworkable and some of the detail may be exaggerated or straight out wrong but there is enough there that matches with peoples experience that people identify with it.

All to often politicians, academics, "responsible" media etc dismiss the concerns of those same audiences and tell them there is no problem, a message that often contradicts peoples experience.

Perhaps rather than knocking Jones and others some of the critics could work at stealing his thunder, start listening to those who feel sidelined by the establishment, speak honestly and openly to those concerns without milking it for shock value but with an attempt to find some real solutions and shock jocks will have a far smaller audience.

Trying to shut down Jones by denial and establishment power will further convince much of the audience that they need him because no one else with a voice cares.

R0ber
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 8 October 2012 6:26:18 PM
'If the silly old thing can not take it he/she should not hand it out.'

So those opposed to AJ think it is perfectly for OK to phone the sponsors of 2GB and scream and swear at the receptionists, and repeatedly call to jam up the phones. To send thousands of spam e-mails to disrupt the sponsors etc. If the action was legitimate protest such as the face book "petition" that 100 000 "signed" and threatened boycotts then the could claim the moral high ground. THIS is disgusting.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 4:24:56 AM
A Bully playing the victim, using the same tactics he has used to create his fortune is disturbing.
AJ is such, his supporters often are too.
Let this be clear I make no charges against the mans sexuality.
He has every right to be what he choses in that matter.
His fault is his apparent hatred of women, a Freudian slip?
And what he says.
The things this man is on record for saying are beneath contempt.
No room for doubt exists, while Labor has its fools, free with insults, if one of them ever plumed the depths of the Parrot?
The links above are not leftist not manufactured they speak for middle Australia the best in our country the *fair go mate bit*
I have never had other than contempt for the person.
Based only on a mouth that is not linked to a brain or a heart, maybe too not to a reality checker.
Histrionic, mother in law like, he reaps what he sewed.
And? complains about the theft of his tactics.
Only the blind can not enjoy his current troubles.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 4:41:08 AM
Paul 1405>> Stop the cash flow will stop Jones.<<

Paul will stopping the borrowed cash flow stop Gillard? If so I am for it.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 6:43:02 AM
Belly who mentioned 'biased', I was agreeing with you.

Anyway, I've really had enough of this new trend in saying everyone has a problem with women. Is the fem lobby so powerful that instead of reds under the bed these days we have pervs under the skirts or something?

Geez how many times and how many different contexts have we heard this hushed knowing crap ;he's got problem with women'.

It's farcical.

It seems like anyone who isn't grovelling at every woman's feet is somehow misogynist.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 7:28:05 AM
Hows it any different to this SM...

'It’s a sad and complex story, and a sure-fire heart-tugger that Jones proceeded to squeeze for every last drop of moral outrage. He swung his bludgeon at Coca-Cola: If we’re going to have to drag Coca-Cola through the public, we will! (having already, of course, done just that). Within minutes, angry listeners were phoning in to say they’d now stop buying Coca-Cola products and would rip out the Coke vending machines from their workplaces. Good stuff! Good stuff! quoth Jones, delighted by this visceral response to his mob oratory. When a caller cautiously pointed out that the insurance company was only pursuing its rights under law, Jones exploded: If the world runs on legality we may as well shut up shop! We don’t need to know our legal rights – this is a moral obligation! (The next commercial on his program was for the Litigation Hotline, a company of compensation lawyers who promise listeners they can extract more in damages for their clients than any of them might dare to expect.)

Jones continued his assault on Coca-Cola for days: Coca-Cola is practising bastardry! He read out a list of Coca-Cola products, inviting listeners who intended boycotting the company to consult his website for more information. Individual board members of the company were named in diatribes that bordered on blackmail. He kept referring to “hundreds” of letters, faxes and emails of support, as if these somehow legitimised his position. After a fortnight of having the company name trashed mercilessly for hours every day, Coca-Cola cut their losses and offered the injured man a settlement.'
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 7:55:08 AM
Excellent point, Houellie.

I can't help but luxuriate in the sheer poetic justice of Jones' predicament. Here's a bloke that's made a mint out practicing precisely the behaviour that is now being inflicted upon himself...and he provided the ammunition!

And we shouldn't make too much of his sexual preferences. After all, as Belly mentioned above, Freud apparently wore petticoats - as in the renowned "Freudian Slip".
Doesn't seem to have done his reputation much harm : )
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 8:59:56 AM
SM something from one of your own, or is he?

Alan Jones has got "a dose of his own medicine" from an online campaign encouraging sponsors to leave his program, coalition communications spokesman Malcolm Turnbull says.

Mr Turnbull said on Monday the 2GB radio host had not been the victim of cyberbullying as Jones claimed but new media had allowed thousands of Australians to speak up "unedited and unmediated".
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 9:40:59 AM
Just shoring up his left wing supporter base. Why the guy doesn't just join the Labor party already I'll never know. He's a national hero on the leftie Herald today, they lap him up.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 11:09:59 AM
H fully aware what you meant and must say I agree with every thing you said.
The lines you referred SM to came from one of my links,was part of it.
And just as you said AJ has been hit between the eyes, with his own past tactics.
I could have posted from the anti Jones list a video of him insulting the Heralds reporter, she did not deserve that .
I understand too your views on the increasing concerns for women, no not when it is justly so.
And far from anti women, far far from it.
But a few get away with murder, because they are women.
Just want to underline, cherry cheeked AJ is no victim.
A big mouth grub? yes.
Victims no.
Shock jocks are mostly the bloke we aviod down the club as a pain in the neck, ranters.
But this one has nice pink roller skates and is hard to avoid.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 11:54:58 AM
H,

Please refer to my previous post:

" If the action was legitimate protest such as the face book "petition" that 100 000 "signed" and threatened boycotts then the left could claim the moral high ground."

This was essentially what AJ was calling for. At no point did he organise for abusive phone calls, e mail jamming or other such action.

So again I say "So those opposed to AJ think it is perfectly for OK to phone the sponsors of 2GB and scream and swear at the receptionists, and repeatedly call to jam up the phones. To send thousands of spam e-mails to disrupt the sponsors etc."

Obviously the left are prepared to lower themselves to AJ's level and far lower.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 3:04:44 PM
It seems as though now, Jones was repeating comments about gillard's father he heard from another source.
Ammunition for the mouth-piece of the liberal camp.
It is becoming apparent someone else is making the bullets for Jones to fire. Where would this sort of language come from
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 3:37:57 PM
Shadow Minister, not trying to be smart, are you aware every one including AJ is left of you?
One more wrong never made it right.
By all means find fault with others, but not please good in the words of AJ.
He, read the links, has form for near begging folk to ring in or send e mails to his targeted firms /people.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 4:10:01 PM
Turnbull is also popular among the liberal Right evidenced by his loss of Coalition leadership by merely one vote. Many are still predicting a return to leadership.

While I won't vote Liberal I am increasingly disenchanted with Aussie politics overall. Both parties are sinking to bottom dweller status, more interested in point scoring than actually working on what's best for the electorate.

Radio jocks like Jones are just part of this catering to the lowest commond denominator politics. It doesn't have to be true just get it out there. No ethics among the lot of them including the Coalition despite the holier than thou positon they are taking on Slipper. Coalition spent years defending Slipper and they nominated him as a candidate. Abbott went to his wedding too apparently.

I tend to agree with Lindsay Tanner's comments about Labor losing it's Centre Left values but they are still a lot better than the alternative, even with Turnbull as leader, he still has to deal with the Conservative Right.

Basically can't everyone just be civil (yes I know it is an old fashioned stance) and argue policy on merit. The ALP is over-using the misogynist label at the moment in the hope if they say it often enough people will believe it without qualification. Misogyny is a serious term and it should be used sparingly and legitimately. Women deserve better than just tossing around the term for the sake of point scoring. TA is probably sexist but a misogynist, no.

Jones'attitude is well known and his venom nothing new - why is everyone so surprised by these comments. Why not just stop listening to him, that is the best and easiest solution. His faithful followers will no doubt continue but their attitudes are the same in any case. Jones only has power over the like-minded and that really is not power. He is more a reinforcer of deep seated ideas and prejudices. The beauty of free speech is Jones can be hateful all he likes and we can call him on it.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 5:38:10 PM
Belly,

"Shadow Minister, not trying to be smart," - You succeeded.

I have not in any way commended Alan Jones' comments. What I have done is shown the hypocrisy of the left whose actions are often worse.

I see that you and the others slagging off Jones have completely failed to condemn the abhorrent behaviour of some elements of the left.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 5:40:58 PM
But, SM, the title of this thread is "Alan Jones comment".

It's not "Alan Jones' and the abhorrent left's comments."
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 6:22:13 PM
Here's an article on the mechanisms at play in the furore over Jones' comments.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4301880,html
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 6:34:36 PM
Just reading Peter van Onselen on twitter, who wrote:

"I actually missed this, but TA today said a 'government which should have already died of shame.' I mean seriously, what was he thinking."

I assume Abbott means that the Gillard government should have met its 'political' demise by now...nevertheless, a most unfortunate choice of words in the present climate, brought to us by the opposition's chief exponent of Foot-in-Mouth.

(way to go if he ever becomes PM : )
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 6:56:55 PM
"But, SM, the title of this thread is "Alan Jones comment".

It's not "Alan Jones' and the abhorrent left's comments."

Poirot, double standards seem to be to be very relevant to the discussion.

I wonder how many of those highly outraged by Jones comments have told a joke that went to far in a setting they believed was private.

How many who are outraged at his tactics to whip up support for causes have been Ok with exaggeration or even outright lies in support of causes they think are important? I'm reminded of a comment by ChazP after being pressured over misrepresentation of family violence "C’mon Robert stop trying to be so naive and innocent. The selective use/misuse of information is part and parcel of any debate" http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12255&page=0#212833

How many of Jones critics on this site expressed their disgust at ChazP for those tactics?

I don't know if you saw wobbles now deleted post on the opening page. There may be debate over the wording but it inferred the uni group Jones was speaking to was basically the same as a group of men masturbating together at a public toilet. wobbles later went on to state

"The old political maxim has never been more true -

"If you don't have the facts, argue the law.
If you don't have the facts or the law, call the other person names." http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=5402#147098

And for reference wobbles later asked SM for examples of worse things being said about Howard.

Jones comments were tasteless but not intended for a public audience and as far as I'm aware not intended to be heard by the PM or her family. They did not insult Gillard's father although there is no reason to believe that he actually felt shame at his daughters actions. Rather the focus was on the mantra of the PM's lies. In reality no worse although more direct than the continued mantra of Abbot's problem with women and implications about the women in Abbots life and those comments are clearly for a public audience.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 7:08:12 PM
Well, yes, RObert...but I'm wondering how 'private' one anticipates things will be if one is a high-profile public figure, up on a stage in front of a sizable group of people - even if those people are seen to part of one's fan club?

It's not really the same as gossiping or going too far with a joke with a group of friends is it?

A personality like Jones would always anticipate that at functions like that, there would be a possibility that his words would not remain "between friends".

Nope, he just overestimated his grandeur and underestimated his vulnerability to public censure.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 7:22:37 PM
I just heard that too Poirot. He's insane!

I really think this is the second time he has been given benefit of the doubt for being ridiculously sly and cheeky.

Do you remember “Are you suggesting to me that when it comes from Julia, ‘No’ doesn’t mean ‘No’?”

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/hey-tony-baby-i-suppose-a-debates-out-of-the-question/

I find this absolutely fascinating. It's like he somehow becomes untouchable for small instances, and it's as if nobody hears it.

Maybe people are just so gobsmacked that they cant believe her really did say it. Maybe it's like when you come up with an excuse for something that is so ridiculously implausible nobody questions it.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 7:42:11 PM
"Nope, he just overestimated his grandeur and underestimated his vulnerability to public censure."

Can't argue with that but I still think a lot of his most outraged critics are running some pretty glaring double standards.

It's all Ok when they do it or it's in support of one of their causes but when it's the other side then it's utterly and completely wrong.

On the other hand after seeing a little of Abbott talking about Slippers text messages I wonder if the response will be the same if a text message from a key supporter turns up that's used those terms. Somehow I doubt it.

Both sides play a dirty game of point scoring against anything they can find against the other side and lot's of excusing and turning of blind eyes for their own side.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 10:14:54 PM
SM fat too fragile bloke, you too put your self out there with comments few agree with.
You would be better served by distancing your self from Jones/Abbott and clearing the decks for the impending return to LIBERALISM /Turnbull.
I want to ask a question.
Given the similarity's between AJ/and Abbott,s words, who writes the speech,s for the other?
A split hair of difference can not be found between they in this area.
International media has the bloke in it sights and so too Liberal back bencher,s.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 6:17:27 AM
Poirot,

The issue of AJ's comment cannot be discussed without including the rank hypocrisy and actions bordering criminal that AJ's opponents have deployed. I would draw parallels with a battle in Beirut where Israel's response to some sniper/mortar fire was a 14 hr aerial bombing and artillery barrage.

Juliar's shameful defense of Slipper after the revelation of hundreds of disgusting sexist and misogynist texts blew up in her face when Slipper fell on his sword.

Abbott's claim that this ethically challenged government should have died of shame from supporting Slipper was a touch optimistic considering the crime and corruption that is a regular part of the Labor party.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 7:46:27 AM
Poirot I read that Twitter comment and agreed. I could not believe Abbott's cruelty when he used the phrase 'died in shame' in reference to another matter. This more than anything reflects the sort of character (or lack of) in his insipid admonishment of Alan Jones. Whether one argues about what one says in private functions (a furphy) for Abbott to come out and pointedley use that phrase was a low act.

But that sadly is what has become of politics today and the fact the Coalition cannot get over the choice by Greens and independents to support an ALP government.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 8:03:53 AM
SM,

The thing I find interesting is that Jones' comments drew such a broad and visceral public censure. When all is said and done, he overstepped the mark of acceptable political diatribe.

There's a dividing line in the minds of people, where politics ends and personal grief begins. There are some circumstances that are sacrosanct, and anyone with an ounce of humility and common sense would resist the temptation to make political mileage out of them. Mr Jones, resplendent in his lofty castle, decided that that particular parameter didn't apply to him.

If I wanted to draw a poetic parallel, I might be tempted to post a link to one of Shelley's greatest:

In fact, I think I will : )

http://www.online-literature.com/shelley_percy/672/
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 8:21:32 AM
SM.

In answer to your broader argument on Jones, I couldn't do any better than Alan Austin's article today:

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=14210
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 9:00:31 AM
Poirot I hangs me head in shame.
It is my fault, I am so sorry.
You remember when mum wanted to tell another kid the stop doing that?
I do, she would shout at me!
SM does not want to talk to me, so he unloads on you, I am sorry.
No REAL MAN not me for sure, can but say, it matters not what others say/do/said ALAN JONES ACTS, YES OVER A DECADE OF WOMAN HATING.
Are very low and not, without a true I am sorry, ever to be forgiven.
Every human, gets it wrong.
We are better for knowing that.
And as I have had to [ I once used foul words not knowing a female boss had hidden in a mass meeting crowd]say sorry, not just lip service but take ownership of the event.
A growing learning thing.
Some, AJ Abbott are never going to man up.
They are lessor for it, no Prime Minister in our history has been so badly treated.
It IS dishonest to try to cover that up.
SM in the end honestly, you have my pity if you can not see truth.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 12:12:03 PM
pelican,

Gloves are off now. It's anything goes. Listen to Abbott's original speech in parliament after the death of Julia's father.

'Opposition Leader Tony Abbott welcomed Ms Gillard back to parliament on behalf of the coalition and all members of parliament.

"This is a tragic time for her and we all feel for her at this very difficult and sad time,".

Mr Gillard had done Australia proud in producing a remarkable daughter, Mr Abbott said.

"It is a remarkable parent who produces a prime minister of this country." '

Then next thing, days after that speech, Labor attack dogs are trying to link him to Jones' comments. He IS NOT responsible for that.

There is definitely fault on both sides.

I really have no time for the leftie high and mighty 'Abbott's bringing the tone down' crap.

The left are starting the whole gender war thing too by bringing out the misogynist line. People should be allowed to be against abortion , based on their faith, they should be allowed to agree with traditional gender roles if they and their partner are happy to live that way, they should be able to tell their daughters (he doesn't have sons!) whatever moral values they want, these things are NOT evidence of misogyny.

You've also got this BS about standing in front of signs, well I've seen a picture of Alan Jones standing in front of a sign with the word 'Count' and he's blocking the o. It happens! Look this is all the CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence always used against the guy; What Jones says, standing in front of signs, having a traditional gender role type marriage, being religious. These things have nothing to do with hating women!

I cant stand him but it really is getting a bit much. Sure it was a defensive political ploy to have his wife vouch for him, but why should he have to be defending his religion and personal relationships any more than Julia should have to be defending sleeping with married men or being 'barren'.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 12:31:07 PM
Some can dish it out but like typical bullies, can't take it.
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 1:23:06 PM
Wobbles,

Are you talking about Juliar?

Poirot,

Are you trying to offer Alan Austin as an unbiased observer? Considering that he admits to being part of the campaign and lists the objectives as:

These include for Jones to:

1 acknowledge there are people who disapprove of him and his program
2 be stung by some of his victims
3 tone down his sexism and misogyny or abandon them altogether
4 tone down his belligerent anti-Labor attacks or abandon them altogether
5 be shifted to a role where he cannot wield his present destructive influence
6 resign or be sacked from 2GB altogether; or
7 have his voice silenced completely.

Objectives 4-7 have nothing to do with his remark, and everything to do with silencing a political opponent.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 11 October 2012 3:25:01 AM
AJ is rabidly defending his right to say what he wants to.
While Just as rabidly trying to deny those who are repelled by him, from having the same rights.
Assisted by SPIN MASTER SM.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 11 October 2012 4:51:36 AM
Alan Jones is part owner of 2GB.

Therefore ...

Complaining to 2GB is utterly useless.

The ONLY way to exercise one's freedom of speech effectively is to tell ALL advertisers who advertise with Jones, that you won't buy their products and will actively ask all your friends and acquaintances to do the same.

AND .....

That you will monitor the show into the future, and if any advertisers return you will double your efforts against them.

If thousands of people do this .... it's "goodbye Alan Jones".

Alan Jones can't silence people power, can't silence freedom of speech and can't stop freedom of action.

Alan Jones will be the biggest loser from all of this.

The advertisers will find somewhere else to advertise.
Posted by DiamondPete, Thursday, 11 October 2012 6:54:58 AM
Diamond Pete,
Just listen to yourself !
What you are suggesting is worse than anything Jones has done.

Talk about over reaction; this just the type of over reaction that the
moslems and others of that ilk indulge in.
Just as well he is not a film maker.

Gerry Harvey got it right, it is a lynch mob without a rope.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 11 October 2012 8:08:59 AM
'and will actively ask all your friends and acquaintances to do the same.'

and I'll actively make a few seggestions to anyone seeking to actively ask me to join in their one sided campaign to clean up commentary by Jones while staying mute on the other sides lies and abuse.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 11 October 2012 8:31:39 AM
Jones is a part owner, does the liberal camp pay Jones for comment.
Abbott and Jones say the same words. The station is there for propaganda. No doubt it is being looked into. Can part owners be dismissed, or is it not ethical to comment on your own private station.
The man is a woman hater, and should be silenced.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 11 October 2012 9:34:52 AM
Jones has shares and share options in 2GB, but no management control.

I have a small selection of shares and Super which makes me part owner of various companies incl BHP, Rio etc. Are these companies beholden to me? Don't be stupid. The comment that Jones made was to a private function not on air, which would make it very difficult to fire him, yet not only do the activists want to attack Jones, his employer, but also all the sponsors to his employer.

The problem with this is that Jones' ratings appear not to have been dented and still commands a large audience of relatively wealthy listeners. People wanting to sell to this audience will eventually come back or give up sales to their competitors.

When this blows over, I can't see Jones blunting his attacks on Juliar and labor.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 11 October 2012 11:00:25 AM
'The man is a woman hater, and should be silenced.'

Just like you 579...

'The man is an international whimp, manhandled by a female.'

Such a sexist remark. Sexism and Misogyny are the same thing according to Julia, who cant bring herself to now, in the cold light of day, repeat that Tony Abbott hates women.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 11 October 2012 11:07:07 AM
Probably not a good idea for Julia not to say those words outside parliament. Besides that it is for australian women to make up their own mind.
Abbott was debilitated by a person far superior to Abbott's little mind.
It's a smash hit right around the world.
Shows the strength of this leader of a political party ,not to be pushed around by the male species.
It was a classic exabition from a very sturdy mind.
No doubt Julia will get plenty of bouquets from women the world over.
Tony sat there , pale faced, with his career flashing before his eyes.
No doubt Mrs Abbott will look at Tony in a different light.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 11 October 2012 12:20:03 PM

Dream on.

Juliar had a dummy spit whilst defending comments that would make Alan Jones blush. She is a hypocrite as well as a liar.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 11 October 2012 2:11:59 PM
The coalition repeats the same lies every day. The effect of the carbon tax on power. Another one tabled today. The last two were obviously not read by anyone, before claiming their impact on the cost of power.
Bishop is reading about how pensioners are being effected by the carbon tax on power. It's a waste of time, the media won't print it any more.
They are a sad lot, with nothing else to offer for discussion.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 11 October 2012 2:59:36 PM
'They are a sad lot, with nothing else to offer for discussion.'

Sounds like you and SM. You two should get married. Two peas in a pod.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 11 October 2012 3:22:37 PM
H can I have one of the- no better not.
And AJ could be put out by such a match.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 11 October 2012 3:36:04 PM
579;
You comment on the overseas picking up on Julia's rant.
They simply do not have the context so it looks marvelous until you
realise it is part of a political campaign.

That is why so many people think it was overdone and became a negative for her.
Woops, mustn't refer to her as "her" !

Really, talk about overdone !
I think you need to take a Bex and have a nice lie down.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 11 October 2012 4:08:20 PM
Bazz sorry but the social media is the free press these days.
What they are saying is true.
And in time, bit complex will be the driver that removes them both.
POLITICIANS LIE, hope that does not shock you, the child like defense by Pyne and Bishop is a diversion.
Both know, as does Abbott it has hurt deeply.
Turnbull will replace Abbott, before the election.
That removes the prop holding Gillard up.
She if not replaced, will be flogged out of politics by her massive defeat.
I am observing closely to see if SOME in my party can put party first, doubt it, if so?
Gillard will be minister for education come election.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 12 October 2012 5:02:07 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/dear-2gb--here-are-a-few-facts-you-might-like-to-check-20121018-27t1o.html
Afresh link, from today.
Another side of Mr Jones, it surely asks a question.
Not only of him, but too of those who blindly support him.
Evidence/truth/facts/clearly are no barrier to this mans ability to conspire against the truth.
I wounder ? just how can his followers avoid this truth?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 October 2012 3:18:01 PM
Hey, Belly,

Mr Jones goes back to school.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-18/alan-jones-ordered-to-do-journalism-training/4320534
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 18 October 2012 3:21:22 PM
Yes saw that poirot posted it above.
Mate shame is this, I do not pretend, I dislike Gillard.
But she stood head and shoulders above this man.
Abbott in the words Gillard heaped on him, got what he deserved.
I gave too much back here,I often do.
It is a fault I fight and fail constantly with.
Yet SOME heaped bull dung on Gillard, and all of us who highlighted a truth.
She has been dragged about every mud heap, BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN!
I will forever be proud she had the guts to stand up for women, and ashamed of the way she came to power.
Jones? reading that link, his history, nothing said about him,and his blind followers, can avoid this truth.
He is a fraud!
See you in another thread
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 October 2012 4:54:41 AM
Poirot, I missed this coming up, what is ACMA's argument about ?
I read the link you gave. Is it an argument about decimal places ?

What is the real figure ?
This seems extraordinary if that is what it is about.
I know from personal experience that ACMA can be pedantic but if I take
the ABC at face value, a course in science might be more appropriate.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 19 October 2012 7:25:11 AM
Belly

She has been dragged about every mud heap, BECAUSE SHE LIES!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 19 October 2012 7:34:05 AM
Poirot, I went looking into it and found a statement made by
Alan Jones on the ACMA matter.
All it was about was that in one broadcast he said the amount
of co2 in the atmosphere cause by humans is .001%.
In previous and later broadcasts he used the correct figure 3%.

In the discussion, a different figure of .001% for another measurement
was used.
He simply got them mixed up in his mind on that one occasion.

Here is his statement, I think you should listen to it and then come
and tell me if you think the whole thing is anything else than a
government attack.

http://www.2gb.com/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=14735

I am not usually a conspiracy nut but if this is
an example I think I will join Arjay's club
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 19 October 2012 4:36:25 PM
Bazz that may be your best bet.
To even consider this INDEPENDENT group are setting Jones up?
Sorry bloke unbelievable.
You may be interested in some breaking news.
This days English Telegraph, or was it Gardein?
Petrol from water?
True extraordinary story.
15 years away from mass production but making some right now.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 October 2012 6:11:44 PM
Well Belly, don't tell me you believe conspiracy theories on the
suppression of the method of running cars on water ?

Every one of those ideas I have seen fail on ERoEI.
More energy input for what you get out.

I am still waiting for cold fusion.

Re ACMA, well yes but look who is running it now, Julia's left hand !
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 19 October 2012 7:25:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy