The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New revelations about our leaders

New revelations about our leaders

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3587258.htm
The threads humor is on display.
The silly ness in Parliament that lead to it is of more interest.The link digs, in my view in to the man, and in my view apart from his start with the DLP, is no evidence of wrong.
Silly? why look back in to the past to find it.
It is on display every day.
Feed back continues to inform me, I am betraying the ALP!
How silly is it to see again and again your horse in the lead and its jockey, good morning Julia, turning around to sit back to front?
Being told by the fence sitters we can do it girl hit its head!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 4:59:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wobbs, un sourced but obviously not incorrect or libelous.

JULIA GILLARD privately argued against the generosity of two of the Rudd government's major increases in welfare payments.

In public, Ms Gillard has been happy to share credit for the decisions to give more cash for age pensions and parental leave.

But in the inner sanctum of the government, she tried to cut the size of the pension rise and wanted to kill the idea of paid parental leave altogether, telling cabinet colleagues it was being pursued because it was politically correct, according to figures familiar with the debates.

As deputy prime minister, Ms Gillard argued that a big rise in the age pension was excessive because ''old people never vote for us'', the sources said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-election/gillard-rocked-by-leaks-20100727-10uej.html#ixzz266mrDgEj
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 8:30:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How the comments on OLO have deteriorated to an absurd level. If this is an example of attempts at satire, I am not surprised that some of the more serious and level headed contributors have dropped out. Almost every time I log on to this site it makes me wonder why I even bother. I am obviously out of step with what ails this country if this is good cross section of the public intelligence.
I await your disparagement with interest !
Posted by snake, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 9:09:21 AM
So sorry snake, it is now clear.
We are wrong you are right, always.
Freedom of thought and speech is not for every one.
For give me.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 11:56:46 AM
<<How the comments on OLO have deteriorated to an absurd level.>>

Well, I thought it was very well done Houellebecq.

It is sad that some are so bridled with propriety that they can’t see the humour.

The only bone I have to pick is with that big fibber WmTrevor.
Were me and my bettest friend Wayney Swan who walloped you Belly.
Wayne told me that that day was your pocket money day –even in those days he had a nose for money.
So we put on our mums red wigs and waylaid you. The money kept us in milkybars for a week.
That was my one and only money grabbing venture. But Wayne went on to get a job as federal treasurer and now makes a habit of robbing people of their pocket money.
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 12:32:35 PM
Sometimes it's important to try and laugh – it's better than osteo carcinoma…

"I await your disparagement with interest !"

Do you want that, snake? Would you really enjoy it – a whole lot? Would it make you want to crack a flat
screen?

I reckon I'm onto your masochistic game… and this little sadist says, keep a-waiting.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 11 September 2012 1:24:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy