The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ir Laws and AWA's

Ir Laws and AWA's

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
belly i dont want you as a servant

the quetion belly

did the labor and unions lie to the people about tearing up the AWA's

Or are they just incompetent and do not understand the complexity

the truth should always win
and doing the right thing

www.tapp.org.au
Posted by tapp, Friday, 13 April 2007 6:22:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, I was not looking for any credit and there are plenty of commo thugs ruling us like uneducated slaves in Qld. Puppet Beattie and is gang of dishonest thugs are a perfect example.
A person's right to be a member of a union or an association is also an absolute right of choice and it is no different to his right to property so why doesn't your union advise its members that they also have this right to their property and that their tax obligation is only voluntary or cant you read and understand the legislation either so you not only pay money (your property) to the union (labour party) but you recommend that it also be paid to the other gang of thugs as well. As for election night it wont matter either way as I have removed myself from the electoral roll because I don’t consent to being forced to vote for any of the grubs that these gangs preselect for representation in the so called Parliament for the people. As for Howard going into retirement, I am doing by best to see that he retires behind bars along with some of his cronies that I no longer provide funding for. The local mafia and corrupt legal profession who control our parliaments and the pretend Qld Courts are next and I can assure you my understanding of my back yard is far better than my understanding of the rest of the world of which I am not much interested in. If we can't trust the elected members, the highly paid public servants and the so called judicial system then it will be dealt with eventually by what ever means required and not necessarily by me either as there are many who have seen through the illusion provided by both gangs.
Posted by Young Dan, Saturday, 14 April 2007 1:52:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The personal views each of us hold are not always right, the idea that the Labor party is commo, comes from an era that is long gone.
While my views are just that, not those of my union or my party, this is what I think is true.
In the 1940,s and 50,s many within both movements thought communism was something other than what it is.
It never ever was the friend of workers, it hurt them all over the world.
Today both my union, always an open enemy of communism, is called weak by those who can not match its service to members.
This is because of far less warfare in the workplace and a middle of the road policy, shared by its members.
Commo is a mindless chant if applied to the ALP or my union.
The ALP is constantly charged as being too Liberal like, often by greens who are in fact trying to influence ALP policy.
New Labor is a concern to true left activists they ,very much like those who constantly refuse to see Labors election victory's in every state for what it is.
Voters, more of them vote for Labor in its position near the center than any other party.
Do not look for reasons to decry Labors success, ask why the conservative failure.
Tapp understand why Labor is in control of every state, if you can not do that stop wasting your time in politics.
AWAs are in some cases chains no less than slavery, surely my detractors will agree some are far more able to negotiate one than others?
And surely imposed ones are more likely for the under skilled than others?
Tapp do you have no compassion for low income Australians?
And is your understanding of politics so poor you think I a rank and file member can make party policy's here?
Your enemy's appear to be both major party's? can you say in truth over 88% of voters know less than you?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 14 April 2007 6:39:10 AM
It is nice to see other opinions about awa's
such as the highly skilled do well with awa's.
What a discovery.
The problem is that the less skilled, who incidentally are the bulk of any countries work force, need protection.For this reason the first half of the 20th century, laws were put in place to protect the weak or bulk of the work force.
When a young person is told what he has to do,and roughly what hours he will have to work.
If the young person is brave he will ask how much he will earn and if he is really brave, when will he be paid, but this question is seriously risking the chance of employment as most employers consider the last thing a new employee should ask is when he will be paid.
This scenario is fine if the young person can run to a union when he is dismissed after two weeks of working and told to go home as he is not wanted.
He can be instantly dismissed for asking for his pay.Yes, a fact in our current employment climate.
Most of the correspondents to the forum have the misguided view that the workers are lazy,incompetent and if you work in a mill or on the factory floor you deseve to be treated with contempt.
Unfortunately for most Australian workers, they cannot negotiate a package as most law students,scientists and the other professionals are able to do.
The seats of our State and Federal parliament are littered with the smart talking people who have children able to call on their parents network of skills to ensure that their young ones are never cheated by the employer out of a few weeks wages.
Workers are asked to work on Friday, Saturday,Sunday nights without even a days warning with no avenue to complain.
How many lawyers accountants or other professionals would be willing to work for low pay from 6pm till 6am.I fear very few.
Doctors are of course the exception ,they are trained and well paid to work odd hours in the course of their occupation.
Posted by BROCK, Saturday, 14 April 2007 12:07:34 PM
the question belly

or is this way to hard for you to tell the truth

did the labor and unions lie to the people about tearing up the AWA's

Or are they just incompetent and do not understand the complexity

the truth should always win
and doing the right thing

www.tapp.org.au
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 14 April 2007 12:48:55 PM
Stu

You are being a little mischievous, Labor has stated that there will be no new AWAs and existing ones will be phased out in 2-3 years.

Having read your IR policy just how do you intend to "Amend Australian workplace agreements" ? Would these amendments be phased in? How long would the transition process be?
Posted by Steve Madden, Sunday, 15 April 2007 6:09:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy