The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bravery of young men

Bravery of young men

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
davidf

'However, runner, I and everybody else owe our lives to a woman.'
and aren't you glad you were not snuffed out in the womb in which case you would not have an opinion.

btw I owe my life to my Maker who gave man and woman the ability to have children. I am thankful to my father and mother especially that they decided not to terminate me despite what a few others would wish.
Posted by runner, Friday, 27 July 2012 9:56:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner wrote:

'However, runner, I and everybody else owe our lives to a woman.'
and aren't you glad you were not snuffed out in the womb in which case you would not have an opinion.

Dear runner,

I think it was my mother's right to decide not to have me. If she had not had me I would not know the difference as I would not be here. My mother was married and able to have and raise a child. Not every pregnant woman is in that situation. Some women are pregnant by rape or incest. Women should not be forced to have a child if they are pregnant.

You also wrote:

btw I owe my life to my Maker who gave man and woman the ability to have children. I am thankful to my father and mother especially that they decided not to terminate me despite what a few others would wish.

Dear runner,

I think you're a little confused here. I'm sure no spirit impregnated your mother as in the virgin birth, Leda and Zeus in form of a swan and other primitive fables which I mentioned in a previous post to you. You owe your life to your mother and father. They were your only makers. I'm glad you're here, and we can post to each other. I certainly don't wish your mother had terminated you, but I think she had a right to do so. She and your father wanted you and presumably were able to give you loving care. Every pregnant woman is not in that situation.
Posted by david f, Friday, 27 July 2012 10:23:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
davidf

'Some women are pregnant by rape or incest. Women should not be forced to have a child if they are pregnant.; '

That accounts for less than 3 % of abortions. Why focus on these when 97% or so is simply convenience.

btw a mother has no more right to kill her child than a father does in God's eyes. I dare say you deliberately remain blind to reality in order to support your worldview.
Posted by runner, Friday, 27 July 2012 10:32:49 PM
Dear runner,

You're the one who believes in fairy tales - not me. I face reality and don't rely on mumbojumbo.

You have a right to rely on mumbojumbo and even call those who don't share your superstition blind to reality. You often exercise that right.

I'm not sure of the statistics of women who are pregnant by rape or incest. Do you support their right to have an abortion?

Do you support the use of contraceptives? Effective contraception can eliminate unwanted pregnancies.

How about a woman who feels unable to raise a child properly? Do you support her right to have an abortion?

How about a married woman whose husband dies and leaves her penniless? Do you support her right to have an abortion?

How about a woman who is told her fetus will be born severely disabled or will only live a short time after birth? Do you support her right to have an abortion?

How about a woman whose contraceptive fails? Do you support her right to have an abortion?

I would support abortion and/or use of contraceptives for all of the above. Where do you disagree?
Posted by david f, Friday, 27 July 2012 11:21:04 PM
davidf

your complete lack of acceptance of the right of the unborn is consitent and evident. You close your eyes to the reality of life in order to support your dogmas on womens rights. Its no wonder you support the murder of them. If you want me to address your numerous abortion questions I suggest you start a post on it.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 28 July 2012 8:08:39 AM
Dear runner,

That is a good idea of yours to start a string on the subject. However, remember that I wrote that feminists demand:

1. Equal pay for equal work
2. Control of their own bodies
3. The respect that every human regardless of sex should have

You answered:

"Reading any number of posts by prominant feminist indicate they want a lot more than your assertions. No one could argue that your description of what any person would want is fair."

I asked you to state what feminists wanted besides that, and you gave no examples. You agreed with those three points. A fetus is part of a woman's body. It is no more an independent human being than a sperm is. You did grant that a woman should have control of her own body. Since a fetus is part of her body she has the right to abortion. You have been on both sides. You argue against abortion but agree that a woman should have control over her own body. You did grant that those three points were fair. Control of her body includes the right to abortion since a fetus is part of a woman's body. You have no more right to tell her what to do with a fetus than she has to tell you what to do with your sperm.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 28 July 2012 10:36:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy