The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Many laws come about for the wrong reasons

Many laws come about for the wrong reasons

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A recent thread about gun laws has sparked me to post this thread.

We have laws controlling guns, we also have laws that restrict all drinkers from buying more than two drinks at a time.

We have laws that restrict entry to clubs/ pubs after a certain hour of the day/night.

All of these laws have these two things in common.

1. They are there to control the 1%, or less, who are out of control.

2. They encroach on the other 99%'s rights.

Now while I have no problem with some gun control, safe storage, safe usage, the laws simply go too far and restrict the rights of many decent citizens.

Why should anyone be denied the righ to own a LEGAL gun, provided they store it correctly? That's simply not the case.

Also, farmers are expected to have their guns stowed, bolts removed and stored separately with the amo.

Yea right, just ask that wild dog to hang around for a while.

Restricting drinks.
My wife and I recently went to the races with our daughter.

I went to the bar to buy them a bottle of bubbly, and, to my disgust, I was refused a beer for myself as a bottle of bubbly was considered 6 drinks.

I was appalled as I have never been a heavy drinker , never blown any higher than .01 at an RBT and never been chipped by police while I have been out.

Simply another case where the laws control the rat bags and punish decent people.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 24 July 2012 7:36:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,

Actually I'm beginning to warm to your offended sensibilities. It must be trying to be so "decent" amid all those ratbags.

Can't you see that the authorities are one step ahead of you. They've obviously encountered mild-mannered fellas like yourself who, after downing their beer, get stuck into the bubbly, then don their wives race-day hats and go around kissing all the jockeys.

(There should be laws against that sort of thing : )
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 25 July 2012 7:46:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is the 21'st century and it's not about minority issues. It's about control of everyone. What you say, what you do, what you think.
Wont be long now before everyone gets a dose of the smarts and crushes this alternative agenda
Posted by pepper, Wednesday, 25 July 2012 9:27:14 AM
Poirot...Can't you see that the authorities are one step ahead of you

Not at all, they have simply taken the easy option.

Stop everyone and you also stop the rat bags, well, at least that's thier aim.

It still doesn't mean the law makers have got it right.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 25 July 2012 12:29:34 PM
Not sure I belong here.
Rechtub takes offense at me.
See I think differently than him.
Bush bloke as a matter of fact.
I always had a gun near by, no threat to anyone.
I just did not care enough to keep mine post Howard.
But would not change a thing, he acted well.
It is hundreds of thousands of Rectubs in America, talking of their rights.
That lets mentally ill, oh yes they must be, get 6.000 rounds of ammunition and murder 12 harm near 60.
Are we free to kill? be killed? well we know criminals can get guns, always.
But why have them in every home, why have them around during domestic disputes.
Rechtub has views on unemployed social welfare receivers unionists Labor voters back packers any one concerned about just about anything.
This week public housing folk get the cane.
I am glad I think differently bloke.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 25 July 2012 1:09:42 PM
Belly, you're such a toss at times.

Do you honestly believe that I support what goes on in America. Also, remember one very important difference between us and the US, that being that many of their states have the death penalty. So many of these would be cowboys get the chair.

How many gun related crimes did we see here in the 70's and 80's mate, when guns were openly used by many.

And what about the gang shootings in Sydney and Melbourne in recent years, the gun laws did nothing to stop them hey!

Criminals will always find guns, mostly illegal ones at that.

BTW, are you aware that one can't buy ammo without a current gun license, I have no problem with that.

As I have said, but you failed to acknowledge (YET AGAIN), I have no problem with strict controls, I simply have a problem with denying ones right to have a gun.

But, as usually is the case with the likes of you, you don't like to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Continued...
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 26 July 2012 6:15:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy