The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Many laws come about for the wrong reasons

Many laws come about for the wrong reasons

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Belly, back packer working habits have changed since FWA laws were introduced.

As for food stamps, I have never suggested them, never will, you must have me mistaken with someone else.

As for gun control, I have no problem with gun laws, just gun ownership, nothing more.

If you wish to ban ownership, Do it for all, not some. Still won't stop criminals getting hold of (mostly illegal) guns, but may make some of you feel all warm and fuzzy.

As for American pro gun lobbyist, they are a different breed and, luckily, we only have a hand full of this types here.

Another point worth considering is the apparent increase in gun crimes here since the laws were introduced. Not sure about the numbers, would be worth a little research.

So you can have your opinions, no problem, they can differ from mine, no problem, but please, when accusing me of doing something, please get your facts right.

I don't support food stamps

I don't have an issue with people living in public housing

I don't have a problem with gun control.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 27 July 2012 6:47:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rehctub, in response to your opening post::

I appreciate your concerns. I can certainly understand the scale of your offended sensibilities.

I also have highly offended sensibilities regarding the law.

But I guess that’s where our similarity ends.

I don’t have a problem with the law being designed to control the most irresponsible 1% even if it does reduce the rights of the other 99%. I think that if you let that 1% run amok, our average per-capita freedom and security will be reduced considerably more than it is by laws designed to control them.

My big gripe is that all too often there is a big difference between what is written in law and what we are officially told applies, and what is actually policed!!

We really don’t know exactly where we stand with all manner of laws!! And we can’t find out, because if we inquire, we are told the official line, not the real situation!

This is the way of it with speed limits and most road rules, to mention just one example which affects me constantly.

For goodness sake, we need to have confidence that all laws apply at face value and that they apply equally to all and equally in all areas across the country!!

We don’t have this. FAR from it. And there seems to be just about no desire from anyone to make it happen.

THIS is the thing that really pisses me off about the law!!
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 27 July 2012 8:43:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy