The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > More refugees in Indonesian water to Australia

More refugees in Indonesian water to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Lexi,

Comparing stopping the boats to sending children to Malaysia is trite. Turning the boats around in international waters is restoring them to the condition they were in a few hours before. Nearly half the boats that leave Indonesia are turned around by the Indonesians, would you extend this to asking the Indonesians to stop?

Until they land in Australia, they are not legally Australia's problem.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:04:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why doesn't Australia help Indonesia turning back those boats before they get to Indonesia ?
Stop them before they become an issue there.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 8 July 2012 1:43:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very poor thinking on your part Lexi.
Returning them to Indonesia is returning them to a country they went to
of their own volition. They CHOSE to go to Indonesia, there can be no
complaint if they are returned there.

Individual, almost all, except a very few that come direct from Sri Lanka,
come from Indonesia. The passengers either flew to Malaysia or Indonesia.
They are the responsibility of those two countries.
After all they granted them entry.

It really is none of our business.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 8 July 2012 2:05:55 PM
Bazz,
That was exactly my point. There aren't any boats before Indonesia. So how its it that they can enter these countries when they supposedly have no papers ? Try to go to these countries from here with no papers & see what happens. The point I'm making is that there is a concerted effort involving several countries to invade Australia by way of pretend refugees.
Too many Australians are really so blind to what's going on. I think we should send these pro boat people Australians to the countries to our North without papers.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 8 July 2012 2:57:20 PM
Oh I see Individual. It was a bit obscure.
People have been pointing out that they must have destroyed their
passports on leaving Indonesia for years.
Unfortunately the pro boaties are uneducated about international
travel or want to avoid the question. I suspect the latter.
It is believed they get rid of their passports because it makes it more
difficult to return them to their home country.
Another suggestion I saw was that the smugglers demand the passports
so they can feed them into the false passport industry.
Some passports could be worth a lot of money.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 8 July 2012 3:25:23 PM
Bazz,
Recently I heard that some are mailing their passports here to friends and relos, so they can use them latter when they gain permanent residence here and want to return to their homeland to tidy up their affairs there and bring out the remainder of their families.

Have you heard any confimation about that.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 8 July 2012 3:57:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy