The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's wrong with the pension, & public health?

What's wrong with the pension, & public health?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
And let’s hope Teddy does nothing about it. You have to start getting the snouts out of the troughs sometime, let’s start with someone who achieved nothing but fed from the public purse. Do you think that is a good idea Lexi given you brought up snouts in troughs?
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 17 June 2012 11:38:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS
Honour of Australia Lexi?
Honour of the Labor party more likely, or what passes itself off as the Labor these days, full of Gillards and Wongs from Emily's list.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 17 June 2012 11:43:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles>> The day has long since passed, when public servants paid even lip-service to the notion of serving the public. Their only concern is themselves, their own welfare, and their own comfort.<<

Pericles there is an interesting social and workplace observation in your comment.
A generation ago public servants and bank employees had an unwritten contract with their employers. For the public service it was that wages were somewhat below private sector but the trade off was a job forever with little chance of getting sacked. For the bankies it was ordinary money but mate rate home loan rates. Where did that go?
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 17 June 2012 11:58:13 AM
Dear SOG,

You asked whether I support getting the "snouts
out of the troughs?" Well, a good place to start
would certainly be the continued extra benefits of
our ex-PMs. I believe that Mr Howard is receiving
the highest benefits - totally over $3 million a
year (on top of his pension of over $300,000).
You can Google this for yourself.

Now as far as the Order of Australia is concerned.

The Order of Australia is the pre-eminent way
Australians recognise the achievements and service of
their fellow citizens.

Nominations for the Order of Australia come directly
from the Community either individuals or groups.

The 19 Member Council for the Order of Australia
then considers the nominations.

The Council makes its recommendations, independent
of Government, (make a note of this SOG) - directly to the Governor General.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 17 June 2012 12:13:02 PM
Lexi>> The Order of Australia is the pre-eminent way
Australians recognise the achievements and service of
their fellow citizens.<<

Lexi did anyone in your street VOTE for these eminent Australia awards?
Of course not.
Did they have input into the candidates selection?
Of course not.
Who is to say any of these folks were the Australian publics choice, a select few and we didn’t even pick them.

About Howard, I spent months telling Belly and yourself that I am non partisan in my voting,. I grew up in a Labor household and then watched the party fill with academics and lawyers until it was unrecognizable.

In the most vulgar terms, but it seems I have to paint simplistic mind pictures to enable you to understand what I write:
“Shat smells the same no matter who it comes out of.”

I follow my nose to the lesser sickening stench, and at the moment that is Liberal.

Take Howards entitlement, take all their entitlements and perhaps they would do what we want to do when they realize that they do not parachute out with a lifelong, well above average stipend.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 17 June 2012 12:44:42 PM
*There are so many richly undeserving snouts in the
public trough*

I completely agree with you, Lexi. Its also what I have pointed out
to you time and time again, when you call for increased Govt spending.
What about some Govt efficiency, when it comes to spending?

Kirner should be treated no differently to anyone else. She was
clearly well paid as premier of Victoria. Where has all the money
gone?

I deserve a medal too. I've spent my life generating export dollars for the country, without leaning on taxpayer funds. Why should Kirner
be treated any differently to myself?
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 17 June 2012 2:01:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy