The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott's Conservative Party

Abbott's Conservative Party

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
arjay mate not targeting you, but like me, or any one you can get it wrong.
In putting our thoughts here we are not surely saying others are not free to disagree.
I found this in your post, maybe I was looking for it, I do not think so.
I find your post to me, reminds me some true rubbish is said in politics, from both sides about both sides.
And we, some of us, form opinions that are just plain wrong, totally.
I claim no halo for my party, but want to note the one sided anti ALP posters are absent.
Except you, and substance is missing in your post.
I intend, if I am alone here,to continue this thread, Australia confronts a new government that has so far, no policy's that look Liberal to me.
The sins of the ALP are a grain of sand, hidden in a beach of lost Liberal party ideals.
My country must consider before it marches away from true Democracy in to the arms of increasing Republican right wing danger.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 9 March 2012 3:46:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,Turnbull is a Goldman Sach's boy like Obaman,Newt Gincrich,Mitt Romney and most of Congress.

Ron Paul is the only one who wants real change.ie bring home the troops,ending the wars,restoring the Constitution and getting rid of the US Federal Reserve.Our Pollies just buckle to whatever happens in the US.They all fall over themselves to please when the US beckons.

I'm just hoping that Abbott has some integrity like Ron Paul and does get rid of the CO2 tax and balances the budget.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 9 March 2012 6:32:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,
There's no chance of economic improvement under labor. It's the the new labor Doctrine which flies in the face of the original doctrine which coincidently is the same as the now Liberal one.
So, the only choice for a staunch Labor supporter is to vote Liberal. You see it's all gone ar$e about. The new Labor doctrine as unofficial as it may be is not designed as an economic model, it's purely to give the hangers-on a good life at the expense of the workers. Just like the Liberals once were. So there you go.
Posted by individual, Friday, 9 March 2012 7:25:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Abbott's payed parental leave sounds like another good reason no to hire women.
He is to impose a levy on business to pay for a full wage scheme.
It sounds like a big new tax to me.
What if you don't employ women.
Joint earnings of 150,000 is what you could say liberal.
So it all continues, the more you earn the more you get.
The next thing will be to pay women to get pregnant, no doubt.
The coalition and the nations most wealthy few, will pave the way for a fair go for billionaires.
Abbott calls AU's top 1% as middle class, doesn't give much hope for the rest of us.
Andrew Robb has been spokesperson, instead of Big Joe, with his 70 billion black hole, that was a mistake.
Posted by 579, Friday, 9 March 2012 8:28:33 AM
It’s not hard to see where you are coming from here Belly and Co.

The general theme seems to be to target what appear to be all the threats you perceive, which are Abbott, Abbott, Abbott and Abbott.

However, because you are not getting the collective hate bite you’re looking for you need to give it a boost. That boost comes from associating Abbott with other things you hate. Howard, Conservatives, Republicans, middle class Australian’s, choice, big end of town, free enterprise and so on.

You have now collectively replaced the answer to the Universe, which was originally 42, with a new answer which is of course Abbott. Because you don’t like this either you have to denigrate your own answer. Mr. Negative, Mr. No Policies, just another filthy, disgusting, bloated conservative, anti-Christ.

What you fail to understand is that because of all the ideological rants, you are telegraphing all those things that are a threat to the survival of the ALP Government. You also telegraph what you wish for, mostly Mr. Turnbull, again as a form of salvation for the ALP.

There are certain realities you need to get used to. Currently about 70% of Australians will not vote for the ALP. The traditional flow of preferences will never be the same again. Everything the Government and its Ministers are doing and saying is making things even worse. They will be wiped off the political map very soon and it will be the only thing this government has actually ever earned.

This will bring great joy to a majority of Australians and a ringing endorsement of democracy at work. That will be the cue to go to your “bile bucket” for a few handfuls of consolation and for others on OLO to revisit some of your relevant threads.

Sorry but there will be no salvation.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 9 March 2012 10:02:15 AM
Belly, I think maybe Tony Abbott and the opposition look to be so far
right is because the government has gone so far left.
The govt is harping on the lack of stated policies of the liberals
but I think you have forgotten how the liberals used to accuse labour
of refusing to say what their policies were well before the election.

None of the oppositions will define their policies until the election
is called. It is just commonsense.

Also I think you are believing everything that your party is saying
about Tony Abbott, you know what I mean,
"What a terrible thing it will be if he becomes PM !"
"What a terrible man he is, women should all run for the hills etc etc"
"The terrible monk etc"

This is just waffle waffle, I am waiting for some facts, but they
never come.

I think you overlook what I have heard plenty say;
"I don't know, I don't particularly fancy Abbott but he can't be worse
than what we have now."

But then he might turn out to be a real diamond !
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 9 March 2012 10:09:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy