The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Julia deserve to survive?

Does Julia deserve to survive?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35
  13. All
Caucus Lexi is the word to describe the inner circle running the ALP and being a republic changes nothing.
All party's have a caucus.
But the ALP , even in 1970 had problems.
Victory in 1972 was partly due to Gough, being able to take some power from *the faceless men*.
36 I think, not in politics strong behind the scenes controllers.
Union heads, no one stronger than my then Unions head Charlie Oliver AWU.
This is a reform year, it must be.
Kevin Rudd is not wrong, he was knifed by remnants of the faceless men.
NSW and both Rudd and Gillard have been pushed and pulled by these control freaks.
I say again, my biggest pride is my service to both union and party was from belief in both.
But to far too many it is a ladder, a tool to find a spotlight to be seen in.
A Gillard victory screams reform is dead faceless men own my party.
Tell us the 4 for Rudd to one for Gillard in todays polling the 7 page is not worth seeing, that caucus can act against Australia and ALP interests, again as they did on dumping our elected PM.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 February 2012 3:15:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chances are that if Rudd contests, and looses, he may well quit altogether and take up some cushy consultancy job that he may well have up his sleeve.

I for one think this would be the best option for all concerned, as it would get rid of Rudd and hand the people the election they both want and deserve.

The only ones out don't want an election are the faceless men, their puppets and their die hard supporters.

What ever happens, labor looses, because Gulias call for Rudd to recind any future leadership ambitions,just shows she is constantly looking over her shoulder.

I just wish that the faceless men would govern in the best interests ofmthe people and not the party they pull the strings for.

As for Julia, she was not voted in by the people, is not popular with the people, so yes, she should call an election so the people have the say on who runs the country.

As for who leads labor, frankly, I don't give a danm.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 23 February 2012 3:41:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Heaven help us if we sink to the US style of electing a saviour president Lexi, for that will be the outcome.

Far better we stick with our mortals, elected individually by their own electorates and then collectively bu their colleagues, be that ALP or Coalition camps.

In fact, there is no need for a president at all, since they are only there to represents gods, which increasingly are not believed in here.

I am stuggling with your contribution Belly.

Are you pro-Rudd or pro-Gillard?

Those of us in the ALP during the Goss years knew only too well that Rudd was a dud, and we knew what would happen if he were given a big canvas to tear.

He tore it. But not on his own. Gillard, Swan and Tanner encouraged him all the way.

Then they dumped him.

Gillard has proved to have over reached her limited abilities, and has been ill served by her cronies from the right. In doing this she has been seen to be two faced and without ideology beyond 'power'.

That said, Gillard should remain, in my view, and Rudd should retire from his whingeing ways.

It really barely matters who sleeps in The Lodge these days with a wafer thin difference in politics between Humpty and Dumpty.

However, Abbott should also remove himself and at least allow Turnbull to have a crack at the job. I am sure if he were facing either Rudd or Gillard, the polls would favour the Libs not just because so many loath Gillard but because Turnbull actually has a feel for a middle of the road form of liberalism that is not quite so offensive as Abbott's dark world view offers.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Thursday, 23 February 2012 3:50:49 PM
If even only 50% of the Latham Diaries is accurate, one thing is guaranteed during this leadership instability:

- spin
- evasion
- backroom deals
- obfuscation
- betrayals
- horse trading
- lies (dare one use that word in PC times)

There might even be some surprise wavers at the end, just look for those who are veiling their comments in neutral and sharing praise for both leaders. It could be a sense of fair play or something else.

Labor should learn from this series of events since the 2007 election.

The major lesson is do not put in a leader just on the basis of winning elections and abilities to manipulate the media. While Rudd was a good campaigner, I reckon a less media savvy candidate with principles could have taken government at the 2007 election given Howard had soured.

Especially if his/her leadership style, behaviours, and personality raise concerns. While it is not against the tenents of the Westminster system it is hardly an ideal situation when a sitting PM has to be removed down mid-term when those other known flaws come to the fore.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 23 February 2012 3:58:31 PM
Belly, I need some clarification.
Are the faceless men the senior officials of trade unions and ACTU ?
Is the Labour left mainly from Melbourne ?
Is the Labour right mainly from Sydney ?
Is there non faction faction ?

Is Julia a member of the Labour left ?
What faction does Rudd belong to ?
Where do the other states fit in or do they just do as they are told ?

It can be a bit difficult when the news reports do not clarify.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 23 February 2012 4:50:26 PM
TBC as a green supporter you know my view, strongly anti Gillard pro Rudd, and who ever wins DD election to weed out the greens.
Bazz yes the heads of Unions are part.
Faceless men are no longer as in charge as once,but put Gillard on the ALP horse, she galloped it to death.
Ask this , and answer as you think not wish.
Is it not true the voters want Rudd.
Is it true he is the most wanted out of Gillard Abbott and Rudd.
Why is Labor caucus the only place, Gillard has the numbers?
She will not win by beating Kevin Rudd, watch closely.
By vote time Australia will, in terms that should not be ignored, have said Rudd should lead.
Ignore that and no return for Labor.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 February 2012 5:37:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35