The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Julia deserve to survive?

Does Julia deserve to survive?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All
I suspect your actively encouraging others not to view the Age on the Ballieau matter, because you know how disgraceful and embarrassing it is for all LNP supporters.

Pictures inc and video. Caught red-handed with their attitude on display for all to see.

The Herald Sun alternately indulges in sedition on a daily basis.
Dangerous and inciteful gutter journalism and tactics that only those short of a brain cell would give any credence. Worse than the Australian.If that's possible.

The only truth you conservatives will utter privately amongst yourselves is the fact that your leader Abbott is totally unsuitable to lead the country or your party.But your news family(the Murdochs) wont have this, they want a puppet PM, as they had in Howard.

So I guess your just stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Posted by thinker 2, Thursday, 8 March 2012 4:08:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gawd Thinker 2, you are becoming a grumpy old thing, you really are.
You remind me of that "Grumpy Old Men" tv show.

I landed up reading the Ballieu story on one of the websites that
I was checking out. The bloke involved was a private citizen. So
he gave some protesters the finger, who were using their megaphone
right close to him. I would too lol, they deserved the finger.

More then anything, I thought he showed a sense of humour, but the
grumpy old things clearly prefer to stay grumpy, rather then see
the amusing side of life. How sad.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 8 March 2012 8:33:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Thinker 2,

Australia's "fair go," is under threat from the rising power of
vested interests. A small number of elites increasingly feel
that they have a right to bend the nation's future to satisfy
their own self-interest.

We see this most obviously in the ferocious campaign waged by
the likes of Gina Rinehart, Clive Palmer and Andrew Forrest
against the Minerals Resource Rent Tax. We see this in
Victoria with nurses being forced to go on strike to get a fairer
deal for patients.

Thankfully, the interests of ordinary people have not yet been
drowned out by the desires of a well-funded, noisy handful.

But the fight continues. The "fair go," has never been guaranteed.
It's something we as a people have always had to fight for.
Some obviously simply don't get any of this. They never will.
They are not capable of understanding the bigger issues - and the
importance of implementing critical reforms - to ensure all
Australians receive a fair return.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 8 March 2012 9:12:05 PM
Lexi,

"but how about presenting us with constructive evidence of what
you claim are the facts."

That is a little hypocritical considering you have never provided evidence other than links to fluffy opinion pieces. Secondly, I provided general objectives not "facts". Pity your grasp of English isn't sufficient.

As for a comparison, The coalition has spent its 11 years running a comparatively fiscally responsible government repaying the biggest debt in Australia's history left by Hawke and Keating, vastly lowering the taxes and taking unemployment to historic lows, and divesting the country of companies that the state has no justification being in such as Telstra and Quantas.

Labor has taken a surplus and once again returned the country to record debt in a record time, its record of spending has been inefficient and yielded little return for the tax payer's money. It has raised new taxes and taken the IR back to before the reforms of Hawke and Keating causing small business and the service industry to shed jobs and a plunge in productivity and and increase in industrial time lost. To top it all it is wasting billions building a new legally enforced monopoly that will increase communication costs, and is imposing the worlds highest carbon tax, that on top of the high Aus dollar will crush the struggling manufacturing industry.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 9 March 2012 7:21:19 AM
Dear SM,

What wild and outrageous statements.
The Coalition had the good fortune
to hold office in good economic times. From 1996 to
2007 the Howard government enjoyed
the dividends of the Hawke-Keating
economic reforms. It was a time when the world economy was
enjoying a long speculative-driven boom. Good luck, but not
good management.

Howard government's economic report card was overall a dismal one.

We're all sick and tired of you (and the Coalition) banging on about
the Howard government leaving the books in surplus. The Howard
government did achieve a series of surplus budgets: that was not
difficult in a time of strong economic growth which delivered very
high tax revenues.

Why don't you give us the complete picture though. And that is that -
the Howard government also left Australia with significant
liabilities in terms of our physical and intangible assets - our
common wealth. It neglec ted our surface transport - our interstate
roads, railroads and urban public transport. It starved our
tertiary education sector of funds. It neglected investments which
could have hel-ped us cope with the challenges of water shortages,
climate change, and fossil fuel depletion. In short, it let
fiscal impression management displace sound economic management,
and directed political attention
to only one side of the public
balance sheet, the debt side,
while totally ignoring the asset side.

If the Howard cabinet had been the board of a publicly listed company,
the shareholders would have had them thrown out for weakening the
company's asset base.

There's much more - but enough said.

You are entitled to your opinion - I'm just no longer
interested in hearing it.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 9 March 2012 7:34:11 PM
I wouldn't like this post to end with your party line mythology pitch SM.
I feel the tide is turning.

The PM has survived, will survive and as consequence deserves to survive another day.

The Melbourne Herald Sun attempted to provide a newspaper today, instead of a front page beat up with the following 5 pages consisting of a seditious Gov't bash, the next 5 soliciting consumer opinion on the first 6.

Gina Rhinehardt's family are about air their dirty linen,Twiggy Forest may have his right to run a company removed by the courts soon, and Clive Palmer showed that he's a buffoon last week.

Abbott,s latest idea is an Audit Commission, "does he mean one like the Perth Firm that "audited" his dodgy set of of unachievable aspirations that were presented to the voters last election. Will this Commission do its work after the election and independent of Treasury ?.

As was the case aforementioned "audit",

Will the authors of this audit be fined several thousand dollars by their own organisation, and warned about having their ticket removed for allowing such a document to be described as an audit, as well ?. Not if Abbott and Co are in Gov't, that's for sure.

And finally Sm, it is a fraud to suggest that the NBN is either unpopular, expensive or can be provided by other technologies. It will be a revolutionary communications tool, particularly for people living in regional area's. Such a thing should always be publicly owned. As Telstra was before it was sold, it will be a profit making publicly owned asset that should never be privatised. It will pay for itself eventually and bring the future too Australia now. The roll out is occurring in my area at the the moment, it's exciting, the possibilities and benefits endless. It is a shame you can't see this SM.

Like the National Dental Health Scheme we would have had, if we had have re-elected Keating in 96, the NBN will be much cheaper to do now than it will later.

P.S. Yabby I will admit to grumpiness.
Posted by thinker 2, Friday, 9 March 2012 7:51:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All