The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Julia deserve to survive?

Does Julia deserve to survive?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. 35
  10. All
I recently posed the question as to why you would want Rudd back, but now that Rudd has moved past the shadow boxing I thought it would be interesting to look at why Julia should, or shouldn't, stay.

She's unpopular, hasn't been able to make an impression on Tony Abbott and doesn't have a lot of successes to her credit. She's widely regarded as dishonest (although so was John Howard, and that didn't hurt him) and seems to lack conviction.

I know that there is a view abroad that it doesn't matter who runs Labor, they are doomed. It's not a view I necessarily share. Perhaps Julia could come back, if only Rudd would leave her alone.
Posted by GrahamY, Wednesday, 22 February 2012 11:11:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham look at it the other way.

What on earth have we done to deserve either of the twits. I, & most of my fellow citizens have not been nearly wicked enough to deserve either, let alone both of them.

At least if Rudd were to win, we'd get an election. Even he should be smart enough to know now that he could not last more than a couple of months, without stuffing something up badly enough to remind us how erratic & incompetent he is.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 22 February 2012 11:32:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kevin Rudd looks better from afar but less appealing close-up. Julia Gillard does not look so good from afar but more appealing close-up
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 23 February 2012 2:09:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Avery clear and strong NO.
And a question.
From my heart.
A trade unionist till death.
And ALP why should my movement UNION, speak on behalf of Australian voters.
And the party we gave birth to, as is the case for every child, has built its own life and paths.
As it needed to to survive, we should let both movements stand Friends but free of.
Self interest, it was not the will of ALP members, Union members, to install Gillard /remove Rudd.
Take Lady's and gentlemen, power brokers, in these next days this thought on board.
You sit in seats others sat in before,others will in the future, you do not own them.
If Gillard survives YOU tell us, our views do not matter, our party/union is yours not ours.
Kevin 07 or Gillard is Black Caviar vs a donkey.
Have the Australian Labor party members In a reform year the right to be heard?
If you vote Gillard you say no.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 February 2012 6:18:20 AM
Yes, Gillard should survive if the alternative is Rudd the dud.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 23 February 2012 6:55:33 AM
Belly, I think you have inadvertently shown a major part of Labour's problem.
It is just too beholden to the the Union organisation.
The problem has been illustrated and reinforced to the public in the
Craig (ahhh can't think of his surname) MP and the go slow at Fair Work.
It is just so obvious that there is real conspiracy, a wink & a nod
or just unspoken compliance with the need to keep their government in place.
It has become trite to say the Labour party is owned by the ACTU and its faceless men.

Going on Sunday ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 23 February 2012 8:05:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. 35
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy