The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The medicalisation of mental health

The medicalisation of mental health

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Drugging people is the inevitable result of the belief that everything is material, that there is no spirit or a spiritual meaning to anything.

Without the understanding that we are not our bodies and not our brains, it is a convenient cop-out for the politically-correct-movement to claim that we are not responsible for our actions but rather some chemicals in our brains.

The most common mental condition, is guilt. The remedy is to avoid doing what we would feel guilty about or failing to do what we feel that we ought. Trying to work around it in a chemical way instead of doing our best to mend our ways, is bound to fail in the long term.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 26 January 2012 5:23:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

thank you for your comment. Yes Marijuana can be a very potent drug and it has a powerful effect on the brain. In some case it can lead to the development of schizophrenia and psychosis especially if used frequently and in high quantities. Your friend is very lucky.
Posted by alfredo, Thursday, 26 January 2012 5:41:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reminds me of about 1982 in Cairns when my friend's daughter was behaving all irrationally & the local professional mental health club crowded her hospital room. I stood back & somewhat harshly said to her "M........" stop putting on this act. You should have seen the glances at me. How insensitive, how dare..., you're not an expert etc. I replied that I know her & I can tell she was just putting on an act. Well, I had to leave the ward. Three days later she admitted that my blunt approach had taken her aback & she admitted she was only carrying on because her boyfriend broke up with her. Naturally she had received successful treatment at the hands of the mental health experts. At least that's what her mother was told.
Posted by individual, Friday, 27 January 2012 8:06:25 AM
Marijuana can be a very potent drug and it has a powerful effect on the brain.
alfredo,
Correct. The question here is how negative or positive dope is. I'm sure if it were to make the user co-operative & increased their functionality it would be a good drug but it isn't that way is it ? I like my beer but I don't get hangovers. I give you one guess why.
Posted by individual, Friday, 27 January 2012 8:18:53 AM
interstuing ya need to go back 14 months
to quote your only cannabis death tale

heck ya just need to go back a few days
to recall booze and speed related..accidental deaths
staticicly..percribed meds kill the most..[plus have the most adverse reactions]

booze leads the medical/death toll..
and lets not forget other dangers
and can even cause..many cancers

kids can admit
to smoking drugs
[cause the test's..reveal it..for over 30 days]..

but speed/booze/pill..used
can often disappear..overnight
and no kid is going to admit OTHER drugs
when the tradjics..love hearing about doper bias

cannabis has never caused a death...in use or abuse
yes 2 in 100 could go nuts..but death is better?

you would rather have a dead drunk kid
than a living nutter?

get over ya hate
stop ya self medication with booze
its killing ya softly..bit by bit...every sip kills

one sip can addict ya for life
were only putting you in jail..cause we respect you

kids with booze loose the booze[cops tip it out]
and parents may be called..or the drunks taken to hospital or parents

dopers go directly to jail
face 3 court cases...cost billions for jailing them

for what..smoking a plant
misscalled a 'drug'...[''how absurd''...
[as justice staples has said]..'to classify a plant a crime'

read first page..of genesis 1:29...
'and god said..i give you every seed bearing plant''

now read the last page of exodus
22;2...'tree of life''...''bearing 12 crops of fruit''
''yeilding..its fruits every month''...'and the leaves of the tree shall be for the healing of nations''

i explained
what that means...in other topics
[the tree is described in exodus 25:..31-40]
see nsw police posters from the 70's...when hippies finaly found it in the 70's...seven branched cannabliss...the lost tribe's took with them..after the delivery of the law..

yep nutts
crazey as a loon
yet i can name the 35.000 fruits
not just a measily 12...lol...

even 12
semed too hard to find...lol
Posted by one under god, Friday, 27 January 2012 8:43:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy