The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The marketing of 'Mr Rudd's, 'Brand Labor'

The marketing of 'Mr Rudd's, 'Brand Labor'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
The Australian Labor Party 'Brand Labor' has given the Australian voter their candidate for Prime Minister of Australia in election 2007, Mr Rudd.

This discussion is interested in the marketing and policy development of 'Brand Labor' and Mr. Rudd.

The backdrop for the discussion is the immoral proposition shared by, 'Brand Labor' and their current candidate for PM, Mr. Rudd, that the prevailing political culture finds it appropriate , acceptable, expected or understandable, that a potential candidate for Prime Minister, can treat voters with contempt.

Mr Rudd vs. the marketing spin.

Posted by Perthguynic, Thursday, 22 March 2007 5:14:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I put on notice I am biased, I am both a union official and ALP member.
I in the first place admite to a sin, I think every worker should get a fair days pay for a fair days work.
In the second I am bound to admite I have often told my party I was unhappy with it but never now or in the future voted against it.
From centre unity the ALP right I once supported the Iraq war I WAS WRONG.
I thought Bush, a man I dislike was the best of two poor candedates for Americas last presedentual elections.
See? sins exposed.
John Howard and about 6 of his front bench are the best advantage Labor has ever had so far out from a poll.
Rudd will become a great Prime Minister more liked than Bob Hawk at his best.
And leave Australia better than he finds it.
Conservatives must ask.
Why the miss use of the historic mandate Latham gave Howard?
Workchoices was an act of war on already low income workers who had only their labour to sell.
John Howard Sir how could you think this country should profit by makeing some suffer so much?
Good by John.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 23 March 2007 4:22:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah Belly knew it would come out sooner or later.

Now my question to you

Why didnt the unions and labor take this country out on strike before workchoices AWA's were introduced.

It was wrong then but nothing so belly why, why didnt you stand up for the people then.

What was that

It really isnt going to be that bad
Its only some colatoral damage
We can bring it up at election time

So Belly a union man
well what i have seen the unions and labor only have one interest themselves.

This workchoices and AWA's never had to come in but you, your union mates and labor were to gutless to stop it.

So Belly why dont you go hide under the rock where you came from and when you have the guts to speak out and stand up for the people, you may find a different world.

A place which you and your mates turned your backs on the people, the workers for your own benefit.

Dont tell me how it works I know how it should work, And you all have no interest but yourselves.
Posted by tapp, Friday, 23 March 2007 5:06:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tapp you are a rather rude bloke are you not? you will find posts from me in this forum as far back as 2005 and maybe further.
They clearly give my workplace and I hide my pride from no one.
Such is life for a conservative trade union official that insults like yours mostly come from the extreme left but here is your answer.
Unions are driven, if they are worth being in, by members, we exist for them alone.
They knew to strike after workchoices would see bankruptcy and death for unions.
This anti workchoices campaign has been the best union campaign ever run.
It has the community including Church's and other groups behind it.
It will bring about the fall of the Howard government.
Tomorrow around NSW unionist wearing proudly anti workchoices shirts will man booths in solidarity with Labor in the fight to keep workers rights.
Unions and members are bound by rule of law a good union official knows if you can win without starting a war that is the path you should tread.
If you should see me around the workplace read my shirt under the name Belly it says unions forever and under that if I ever let you down remind me I am worthless.
So insult away but no one has ever had to remind me.
Unions need not be warlike to win, only some battles must be fought.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 23 March 2007 6:58:45 PM
Tapp read it again no offense taken and in the spirit of free speech I do hope we you and me are not deleted.
On reflection I want to take back those words that you are rude it is clear you just do not understand how politics works.
Labor once thrashed partly by Howard and party by Lathams leadership had no power to stop workchoices.
Unions too had no power other than to begine the greatest union campaign in the history of Australia the your rights at work campaign.
You are inferring that I am weak and lazy? it seems you are at least.
Mate passion is not your private property, I feel so bad at the pain I see daily inflicted not on higher skilled workers.
But on their wifes and children under workchoices.
Right now[reserve that rock a true grub may need it] on a site I service.
Labour hire is paying casual laborers less than the full time workers working with them, this is with a casual 25% loading!
Paying fortnightly pay in an industry that has always been weekly, must stop it hurts to think some are so low.
One day we can sit down over a cup of coffee and talk this out but never put your views about me in the facts column until you can say it is true.
regards
PS vote for the only party that can dump workchoices I will reserve a HTV for you.
And AWAs existed long before the 2004 election.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 23 March 2007 7:15:20 PM
You still dont get it

open your eyes Belly

The unions and labor could have stopped this

How before it became legislation
You know Belly before it happened, came into force

But alas

Nothing from the unions or labor.

Now Belly If you wanted a pay rise the men would go out on strike before not after it happened.

What was that you didnt see it coming
And you want labor and the unions running the country with your eyes closed.

I can keep going Belly but as you should know as a good trade union organiser you get in when you find out what is happening not after the fact.

You all knew we knew so why Belly
Why was it that the unions and labor was so incompetent.

What people losing their jobs just colatoral damage , just blame the liberals.

Well Belly i not only blame the Liberals but the unions and Labor for their gutless approach to stopping these laws at the start.

What is it Belly the arrogance of the unions and labor had the man power to take this nation and go on strike but hey, we have had enough of the pathetic excuses which you use to hide your incompentence.

Now Belly you understand me
Posted by tapp, Friday, 23 March 2007 7:16:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy