The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The marketing of 'Mr Rudd's, 'Brand Labor'

The marketing of 'Mr Rudd's, 'Brand Labor'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
The marketing of Mr. Rudd – balance and fairness in IR, I am the leader, balance is what I deem to be fair, not the Unions Movement.

After Mr. Rudd gained unwarranted support on the back of his support to abolish AWA’s from Australia’s IR landscape, he now wants the Australian voter to cop them for 3 more years if he is elected.

One of Labor’s biggest supporters is not being consulted with seriously on IR reform, Mr. Rudd and his ‘Brand of Labor’, the ACTU is not happy with this approach.

The union movement with its proud history of the protection of workers and their family’s rights are standing up to Mr. Rudd on their perception that Rudd has not delivered on getting the balance and fairness right in IR Reform.

Unions understand that there will be pressure to rubber stamp Mr. Rudd’s policy platform at conference in two weeks time, so they are legitimately asking to be consulted prior to the conference so that issues can be discussed and resolved.

Mr. Rudd and Mr. Swan are not keen to compromise on their right wing IR agenda because of ‘Brand Labor’s economic dogma, the market is supreme, which must subordinate any social policy concerns.

Mr. Rudd has underestimated the strength of passion of the union movement, in fact has gone so far recently to suggest that he has never been in the Union, that little lie was later qualified via Rudd’s spokesperson, the union movement is not reliant on the Labor Party for its existence, it relies on its adherence to its values of protecting and recognizing the importance of the individual working person and their family in the profit driven market economy.

Mr. Rudd engage the Australian Union Movement.

Posted by Perthguynic, Tuesday, 10 April 2007 8:27:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Western Australia is about a decade behind the rest of the country, so I can understand why that John Howard fella remains popular in the West. After all, they only just got rid of Keating!

Poor Perthguynic. As a former resident of Perth, I can share his pain. Being trapped in that isolated backwater is indeed enough to send even the best of us around the bend. Nevertheless Dullsvilleguynic, your incessant ranting won't rectify a decade of complacency, short-sightedness and cynicism from the Howard Government.

The little dessicated coconut is indeed a master of mendacity. He bats solely for the big business end of town, but still manages to get away with feigning solidarity with the highly-geared battlers. He claims he is an old-fashioned social conservative, but yet launches a direct attack on working families with his neo-liberal IR reforms.

The self-proclaimed economic wunderkind, Mr. Fiscal Prudence himself, somewhere along the line decided to ignore Australia's Banana Republicesque current account deficit and ballooning foreign debt. Oh dear, the Coalition's "quarry and farm" economic policy isn't paying our way in the world and foreign creditors are demanding higher interest premiums. So much for low interest rates!

Knowing Howard, I'm confident we can expect more election surprises this year. Boat people are ideal bogeymen during an election campaign. Never mind the 140,000+ people pouring in every year under Howard's ever-so-quiet open door immigration policy. Climate change? Definitely no surprises there. The little coconut will keep putting the coal in COALition.

As K-Rudd summed up Howard:

"When it comes to what this prime minister is ultimately on about and what his ultimate objective is, it is those two words: 'Being there'. Not making a difference in the long-term, not making a difference in terms of how we produce a sustainable climate in the future, how we actually invest in the long-term prosperity of our economy by properly using the resources boom of today... No, it is simply Peter Sellers and Being There - being in Kirribilli and the Lodge and just being there. That is what guides the prime minister's modus operandi."
Posted by Oligarch, Thursday, 12 April 2007 3:37:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

The marketing of Mr. Rudd – as long as the States think I will fund them, I will get the credit

Prediction, following COAG 13 April 2007.

Mr. Rudd will announce $7 Billion for the States and Territories for their proposed, National Reform Agenda if he wins Government.

Mr. Rudd believes that he will work in harmony with the States and Territories, unlike Mr. Howard.

Tomorrow the Labor states and Territories will push for $ 7 billion funding for their 10 point NRA, while Mr. Howard will push for funding priorities in Australian Water Conservation and Rehabilitation.

The bottom line will be a unified State and Territory position, calling the Government a blocker to Federal, State and Territory harmony, whilst pointing to the future harmony under Mr. Rudd.

Remember harmony to the State and Territories in this case means $ 7 Billion Federal funding.

Mr. Rudd must therefore provide the $ 7 Billion funding in his party platform,, failure to do so would mean he obviously can’t provide harmony in Federal and State, Territories relations.

Mr. Rudd, the Devil is in the Detail, man.

Posted by Perthguynic, Thursday, 12 April 2007 2:35:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

I'm back after a short break.

When I first posted this topic voters were unsure as to what was meant by Mr Rudd in connection to his 'Brand of Labor'.

Mr Rudd, Labor politician not well liked by his party was offered the party Leadership as an alternative to Mr Beazley.
Positive polling from the start gave him his parties mandate to establish his personal brand of politics, which is consevative as opposed to traditional Labor.

Mr Rudd heads a Party, and made it Consevative.

The anticipated result will leave the voter confused, they like the brand, being buying it for years, but it tastes strange, i'm not sure I like it?

The problem Mr Rudd faces, is that the Voter wants the heart and soul of tradditional Labor, Mr Rudd's policies wont reflect that desire ,alienating tradditional Labor Voters, that what they believe in is not what Mr Rudd's consevative Labor Party believe in, or is offering.

It will be telling.

Posted by Perthguynic, Saturday, 2 June 2007 1:06:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy