The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Economic Management, the NBN and LNP.

Economic Management, the NBN and LNP.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
In recent news we see the ethics body of accountancy in Australia, penalising two of its own, for failing to declare publicly, that the figures they supplied the LNP in support of their economic policy platform, "did not" represent an audit.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/lib-policy-costings-exposed-by-ruling-20111130-1o773.html

At the same time the LNP has pounced upon a productivity commission report, claiming that the Gov'ts NBN modelling is anti-competitive.

As if a piece of infrastructure, (such as the NBN actually is), is instead a facility to be carved up amongst their constituents in business, in the future. They (the LNP), have it sold before it's even built.

Modern Australian economic history has basically been a case of taxpayers and the Labor Party creating infrastructure and the LNP later selling it off, (and not unlike Tom Thumb), saying "what a good boy am I".

The NBN like any public road, will belong to all Australians. It will restore communications sovereignty and bring the future of communications forward for all Australians.

The manic ideology of the LNP supported by dodgy figures and suppositions and false claims of former economic credibility, is not enough alone, to allow them anywhere near Gov't in the current future.

Hands off the NBN and an end to the privatisation of essential infrastructure and services please, enough is enough.
Posted by thinker 2, Sunday, 11 December 2011 9:37:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a compliant memory you have Thinker.

The worst ever bit of privatisation from the public's point of view, was the Commonwealth Bank, closely followed by water in southern states.

That must have been the LNP then must it, thinker?
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 11 December 2011 1:23:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thinker 2 you sin! you start a thread based on one of many truths.
Some Blinkered find that unacceptable.
The NBN is an achievement, not yet completed but subject already, to the for sale signs.
Likely enough former Liberal members will be on the board of those who purchase it.
And even share holders.
Be aware thinker 2 only Labor sins, in some closed eyes minds and some just never yet been seen open.
70 Billion black hole? do not be concerned , non core promises will fix that.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 11 December 2011 1:31:15 PM
I recall that (the sale of the CBA) being done with bi-partisan support of the LNP, Hasbeen.

When it comes too the sale of valuable, profitable infrastructure, Telstra was the doosie.

Banks don't really produce infrastructure (except for teller machines), necessitated by their own procedures Hasbeen. But I do concede that both sides have proceeded down the path of privatisation at some point to the detriment of services and quality of service for us, the end users.

The LNP continue down this path, never learning the lessons of the past and most probably with plans to screw working people again with their ideological industrial agenda always lurking around somewhere.

As soon as a LNP Gov't arrives in Victoria we see the economy contracting, we see a connection/liason exists between the Premier and the Alpine cattle lobby, the new Police Minister appears to have participated in the undermining of a Police Chief and they authorised the beating of the stuffing out of Occupy protesters.

Not a good start I fear in Victoria for our new state LNP Gov't, Hasbeen.
Posted by thinker 2, Sunday, 11 December 2011 5:12:16 PM
Indeed the NBN should not be privatized - it should be smashed, torn down, and locked away with the key thrown in the deepest part of the arctic ocean.

There is nothing essential about it - it's but another step in the government drugging people with digital entertainment and ever more silly electronic devices diverting us further and further away from what life is really about.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 11 December 2011 11:33:19 PM
I do recall it was not the LNP in power, & I don't recall any mandate being sort for the CBA.

It is no use blaming others for Labor mistakes.

I'm not sure about Telecom, it was just so inefficient that perhaps it had to be sold to become efficient. It was still overstaffed after a 70% reduction. It really doesn't matter much today, the market is so changed.

Selling the bank lost control of the sector, & enabled the profiteering we see today. It couldn't have happened with the CBA in government hands.

I also think water was a huge mistake, forced by State Labor governments profligate spending.

Of course it's hard to know who is worst, public servants, who fail at every hurdle, [Wivenhoe management or Vic bush fires], or profiteering private companies, particularly those fleeing the collapsing EU.

Perhaps Hanrahan was right, & we'll all be rooned.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 12 December 2011 12:17:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy