The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Putting in the slipper. Your say.

Putting in the slipper. Your say.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. 19
  17. All
Thinker, if ever I loose my car keys, I'll call you.

Anyone who can find anything good done by the bunch of ratbags currently in the government benches in Canberra, would be able to find the fabled needle in a hay stack, or my car keys if I lost them.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 25 November 2011 9:50:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/abbotts-positively-negative-20111125-1nz5j.html
I recommend this link.
It does not come from the toilet paper press.
It does not come from a pro Labor press.
A true look will find within the link and its pages, this paper any day, unbiased comment.
It is as likely to take to the ALP, LEAD IN DOING SO, IN NSW.
I remind those, who took as a fish does, the Abbott negativity ,right down in the gullet.
As a pain reliever for the failures of Gillard, Tony Abbott is well described here.
Yes Gillard too, but remember, see clearly, both are unloved.
How long before one side understands, thinks of after an election, of the benefits of both dumping failure and its policy's.
Blaming, mostly quite honestly, the lost leadership, and haveing again a leader people like not loath.
My constant warnings Abbott will not lead till the next election, that Gillard to will go, is again hight lighted by this thread.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 26 November 2011 4:40:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub, so I am a puppet, funny man.
Bloke are you happy to be judged on your inability to understand much at all.
Like my mate runner, Christian? leaps on the head of almost every one .
Cricket love the game.
If runner and Rechtub shared the opening ball, two overs of bouncers who be the result.
Unfortunately taking out the square leg umpire and the scorers table with the two balls closest to the stumps.
9 times Slipper was sent by his side to Canberra.
If he is a criminal, why did they not tell us?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 26 November 2011 5:43:04 AM
Given the political tactic of seducing a known-to-be-disaffected member of the opposition with the Speakership had been so publicly spelled out in virtually every detail no later than 3 September 2011, one has to ask why it took so long to actually happen?

The Chris Kenny article linked to in GrahamY's opening post poses this question:

"Mr Slipper is very close to Mr Rudd.
What will the former prime minister
gain by helping to woo him?"

The answer could well be the negation of the potential effectiveness of a threat by one member of the present government to bring it down by crossing the floor in the event of Kevin Rudd being returned to the leadership. Such a threat, with what degree of credibility I know not, has, I understand, already been made, but the implementation of such would be rendered pointless with the new buffer obtained by the seduction of Slipper into the Speaker's role.

Many, I suspect, within the Labor Party suspect that Labor cannot win the next election, whenever it is held, with Gillard as leader. I suspect that there has been a quiet desperation to effect a change, with that change being back to Rudd. 'Putting the Slipper in' looks like having been a necessary pre-condition to enabling that change. Which would explain, with the Opposition having failed to identify and focus upon Gillard's having usurped prerogatives of the Parliament in relation to the forcing out of the Ombudsman, and thus embarrassing Gillard perhaps to the point of resignation, why this move has been delayed so long.

The Opposition having been of no help in doing the 'dirty work' of precipitating, and within Labor ranks, justifying, a Labor leadership spill, the effluxion of time and the polls over the Parliamentary recess will now have to be depended upon to save the day. The view of the public seems to have hardened against Labor led by Gillard. Only something big might be thought able to change that view.

Will automatic enrollment save their bacon, or burn it to a crisp?
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Saturday, 26 November 2011 6:56:25 AM
Belly, anyone who draws comfort from this event is simp,y a brain washed labor puppet.

Blind Freddie knows this is the worst government ever and to jump for joy, simply because their point of balance has been stabilized, clearly shows the mentality of win at any cost, regardless of what's best for the country.

We also know what's best for the country is to give the people a chance to elect a majority government, but labor and thier puppets simply won't accept this because they know they would get flogged.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 26 November 2011 6:57:20 AM
Whats best for the country, now that is a turnaround. Abbott is the no man a any cost, now you whinge because the govt; has a majority.
It was never going to be easy to govern with a hung parliament. But your mate Toni made every step of the way that much harder.
As for the next election there's nothing to stop another hung parliament, as happens overseas.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 26 November 2011 7:29:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11