The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Putting in the slipper. Your say.

Putting in the slipper. Your say.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 17
  14. 18
  15. 19
  16. All
runner,

Don't run your "hatred" line on me. What a load of bilge you often preach from your lofty narrow(minded) perch.

I seem to be running quite a good line in Gandhi quotes at the moment - and this one suits you down to the ground:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

....ain't that the truth (in some cases)
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 25 November 2011 6:23:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On yers Poirot, good one.

But, hang on!

I know the mind of runner and you get him wrong.

What he was inferring is that Howard was a shocking git, and although Gillard is a no-good sham, she is not a shocking git.

So, odd though it might sound, runner was actually being supportive.

On yers runner!

Next, you might wake up.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Friday, 25 November 2011 7:02:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reading the response to my last post I rest my case.
Posted by runner, Friday, 25 November 2011 7:41:14 PM
Which case is that, runner?

The one that urges you to regularly and freely spit venom at anyone who holds a different political view?

You consistently ascribe all sorts of diabolical vices to people who hold opposing views to yourself. What gives you the right to ascribe "hatred" to me because I highlighted the fact that politicians are cunning and duplicitous?

Appalling!
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 25 November 2011 7:59:00 PM
Houelle's cricket analogy post, is a yorker on the stumps for mine.

Runner, John Howard was so burdened with integrity that he lost his own seat from the sitting PM's position. It currently remains unclear that Gillard will emanate/repeat this feat.

As for my own opinion GrahamY "the Slipper matter" changes the ball game.

The very fabric or premise of the LNP bellowing for election, is the claimed inability of the Gov't (due to it's minority status), to govern. Claiming that tail is wagging the dog. Abbott himself would have no hesitation but do the very same thing, given the very same set of circumstances and claim victory. Sadly such outcomes are beyond his capabilities.

The elephant in the room is "How will Peter Slipper perform in his new role as Speaker".

It seems he has already provided indication with the expelling of 4 LNP members without warning as pre-warned during the final sitting of the House before Christmas break.

This politic needs to be handled carefully by the Gov't. Should Slipper appear as speaker to be abusing his power and gagging the Opposition, this may work against the Govt. Anything that would give the LNP led by Abbott any credibility whatsoever on anything, would unhelpful to our countries future at this point.

I hope a loose cannon like Slipper will not assist in the un-doing of the good work done by the Labor Party, the Greens and the Independents. This is all I really fear.

After all the LNP has a history of inserting "ring in's" into the Australian Parliament. Senator Neville Field's of Qld in the 70's was the worst case of political doppelganger or fraud in the history of Australian politics. Directly causing of change in the balance of power, and achieving this un-democractically. Not an election in sight.

And finally the theory of Harry Jenkins standing against Gillard and Rudd for leadership is the funniest conspiracy theory I have heard for a while.

More plausible, is Abbott's team sending an agent provocateur like Slipper into the Govt's ranks to cause disruption and mayhem, on a mission.
Posted by thinker 2, Friday, 25 November 2011 8:32:55 PM
Thinker2,
Yeah people seem to have forgotten that Tony Abbott was once the LNP Attack Dog/Black Ops man, a post he seems to have handed on to Cory Bernardi...who votes for these people?. Bernardi and Christopher Pyne...jeez Louise, South Australians need to lift their game
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 25 November 2011 9:33:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...