The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Putting in the slipper. Your say.

Putting in the slipper. Your say.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. 19
  17. All
rehctub

The "people didn't get to decide" on whether they wanted to get involved in two unwinnable wars or introduce legislation to take away workers award conditions or sign up to a Free Trade Agreement that will cripple parts of our economy in years to come even pay a levy to buy guns off owners either - that's what governments do from time-to-time as they deem suitable.

Do you really expect them to announce everything they intend to do in the following three years and do absolutely nothing else?

If they get it wrong then they pay the price at the following election and that's how it's always been and always will be.

Maybe your knight in shining hard-hat and reflective vest will come along one day and dismantle everything on your behalf but until then there's not much you can do.
Posted by wobbles, Saturday, 26 November 2011 10:54:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Having read every post it is clear most understand the hypocrisy of the squealing.
Most seem aware its an Abbott rant.
And, in truth not spite those who take the other views in my mind are wandering around with a bag over their heads.
Some? born with it and no intention of taking it off
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 November 2011 3:48:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/national/speaker-deal-spooks-labor-mps-20111126-1o0ay.html

"LABOR MPs are concerned the appointment of Peter Slipper to the Speaker's role could backfire if allegations of misuse of travel allowances continue to be made."

And this is not from the Murdock press.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 27 November 2011 4:39:07 AM
Well, I can't argue with much of what has been said in the last few posts. After all, I won't argue for the sake f arguing.

Just a few points.

I was and still am opposed to the un winnable wars, but there simply must be more to it than we can see.

I hated the baby bonus, or more so, the way it, along with most welfare, is allowed to be pissed away.

As for work.choices, it was obviously a bad policy, however, I am still opposed to low skilled wages be the highest around and, it is one of the drivers behind our national skill shortage. Government knows this, but they won't do anything about it.

Government should be supporting the needy, not businesses.

As for the latest move from madam PM, I think she will spend the rest of her term looking over her shoulder, much like she has for the first part.

I still think it's labor paving the way for rudds return.

Finally, as long as my bum hole points to the ground I will never vote green.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 27 November 2011 5:56:13 AM
A delusional panic. The SM appears when there is some dirt to sweep up. Live with the election result. If the coalition took butch's advice they would never win anything. Yo do not say them things out loud. Toni has had a wiping, and the pain is felt far and wide. Industry is in favor of the mining tax and the carbon price. It is a mater of knowing what is ahead, so planning can be put in place. The only ones apposed are the sensationalists, even when no legislation has been enacted. The coalition campaigners somehow think they know everything, before anything has happened. It resembles walking backward pushing a one wheel barrow.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 27 November 2011 6:19:37 AM
I agree Rechtub with most of what you said.
And know, it is not heartlessness but lack of understanding,that drives tour view on wages.
Minimum wages, far lower than you think, are set.
But those you target are not on minimum wages.
Even those casuals, the lolly pop men and women.
I am sure you know, we have created many millionaires.
Who body hire these folk out.
Those millions, billions in fact once went in to the hands of both employees and those paying to hire them.
The middle man/woman gets it now.
A casual, if like us all, wants a solid job, full time.
Gets as a casual no sick pay.
Parental leave
Holidays
the list is long
However he/she gets a loading, not enough to cover but enough to look big.
Any day that casual may find a Job, full time, or be sacked on an hours notice.
I remain unsure,why a businessman, can not get his/her head around supply and demand.
Employers all over Australia pay More, by their own will, retain workers.
A bridge carpenter, once only semi skilled is now government enterprise has been sold,in very short supply, is offered a lot more than award,so too laborers.
SM yes ABC is a Greens front
Tell me, this awful bloke? why are his sins only headlines AFTER HE LEFT YOUR CAMP?
Show me your concerns about him in print here from before his actions, after all you jump to kick any one else.
UNLESS IT IS ONE OF YOURS mate.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 November 2011 10:50:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14