The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Welcome to Labor's CO2 Tax Slavery

Welcome to Labor's CO2 Tax Slavery

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
579, I think that the the guy's charges have gone up, not his usage. With a nom de plume like yours, you could at least get the figures right.

I don't know what state you live in but it's certainly not South Australia where electricity, gas and water prices have gone through the roof yet usage hasn't changed.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Friday, 25 November 2011 1:21:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay says his power bill has tripled. So what does that tell you. from $8000 to $24000 / yr If you are not using the power, that means the cost has risen from .25 to .75 / kwh which is not likely.
Posted by 579, Friday, 25 November 2011 1:31:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Even allowing that electricity costs have risen dramatically, I do not understand the reference to CO2 in the thread heading.
First, the Carbon Tax has not yet begun, so how can it have effected historical energy prices?
Second, the energy companies themselves acknowledge that the major cost driver is the lack of infrastucture investments which they say is the result of legislative uncertainty over the past one to two decades under successive governments, both Coalition and Labor.
It seems to me that the Carbon Tax at least does provide a degree of certainty for the energy companies and that it is Abbott's threat to rescind the legislation that is maintaining uncertainty.
In any event, it's hard to see how any CO2 abatement action could already be effecting this guy's - or anybody else's - energy costs.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Friday, 25 November 2011 2:05:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So now the Federal Government is soley responsible for the production and distribution of electrical power?

I thought it was the responsibility of the States or the private companies that now own it.

As I recall, the last big power price rise was the result of the GST.
Posted by wobbles, Friday, 25 November 2011 2:14:16 PM
hasbeen...turned off the hotwater system..was the biggest cost
more than half the bill..

[i like cold showers]..

then dropped the bill again
by going fully onto off peak

next switched off the tv drawing 95 watts..and got one smaller one that drawed 40 watts...next i went digetal..[drawing 15 wattts]

next i might see if it works on battery
[it uses a 12 volt converter]
plus a solar regharge

but i think i get then to the stage..
where batteries cand solar cost more than my power

i have yet to figure out why we cant get 12 volt's on line inputs
most of our electic gear uses lower voltage..and gets stopped down[making heat;wasdted energy]

of course living like a blackfella helps

even though the full time cost of peak power
used for 2 hours perday..[when off peak is off]..
only costs one buck 45 cents..every 3 months

if my fridge wasnt new allready
i would have liked a 12 volt one

anyhopw its only too easy
lights are 15 watt..[but found an automotive leadlight fluero that draws only 8 whats]..ben playing with solar lights..but that didnt workout..[the batteries wont recharge anymore[so wasted 50 trying that solar based scam]

but heck its all about quick fix consumerism
im over spending any more on it

[200 plus bucks a year..
yea i can live with it]
and 225..so what

but i hate all the lies
hate govt subsidises the rich to free solar
while doubling my meager power costs

it should be the acces fee
is scrapped for the 40%..smallest users
and the 10%..bigger users should pay 3 times more

manufacturors should egsamin other options
waterwheels are great..river banks should be using flowing water energy

[moter vehicles [internal combustion]..
should be using joe fuel cells..

egsamine magnetic drive moters[at you tube]
look for a big engine size one..not the kiddies models
cant find its link..but previously posted
Posted by one under god, Friday, 25 November 2011 4:16:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Athonyve that was my point.
Remember I did warn you.
Subjects around climate change and the federal ALP are often remote from reality.
Truth can be bent twisted its hands tied behind its back then thrown about in the wrong direction.
Not one cent in tax has been taken, yet every thing from rainfall to storms and sunshine are blamed on it.
From the same folk who consider curtains fade more in daylight saving.
Hasbeen, I have never defended the silly in my party, my constant reminder of how bad/awful/grubby/ they became once Bob Carr left is a reminder to them/party.
NEVER AGAIN betray your supporters and party.
How ever if you and I borrowed a council rubbish truck, to remove the fools from federal Parliament.
3 loads of conservatives would get us started.
1 OF ALP no greens.
We would make them walk to the dump to save fuel!
Greens in truth would have a few equal to the best, but policy's is what catches up with them.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 25 November 2011 4:50:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All