The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Can we transcend tribalism?

Can we transcend tribalism?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear TBC,

It may have been a poor choice of phrasing on my part
and not meant the way you perceived it.

What I meant by the word "respect," was:

It means not dissing people because they're different
to you. It means not dumping on anyone. Valuing each
other's point of view and being open to being wrong.
Basically accepting people as they are et cetera.
Google the "Urban Dictionary" - to get an even better
idea.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 3:20:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
when we can get a husband or wife to keep a wedding vowel we might be getting somewhere. Just happens David f that there is no chosen race as such today but certainly a fallen race. Only someone totally blinded could ignore the fact that we all have fallen natures including you and me. Before thatfallen nature is dealt with you can only dream that everyone else won't be like you or me.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 3:36:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

To say we are fallen means to accept your mythology that we once were in a non-fallen state. Many people uncluding me don't accept your mythology and believe we have simply developed to be what we are.

I accept that you believe in your mythology, but I think it is nothing but mythology. However, I wish to live in peace with you and others who accept your mythology. I hope you wish to live in peace with us and accept the fact we don't believe what you believe.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 3:58:11 PM
Runner mate you remind me constantly that for some Christianity is a shield to hide bigotry.
At an awful fire/flood/ death event/those neighbors become one, London Blitz what ever we change at such times.
I think that change too is in our DNA just as our protectionism self survival instinct is.
Harness that, bottle it and maybe we can be one I have my doubts.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 4:18:42 PM
Now runner, while I respect and honour your views, I am intrigued about these wedding vowels you mention.

I do recall my wedding, and did have a bit to jrink afterwards, but do not recall any wedding vowels.

Are they different to the run-of-the-mill vowels, the old AEIOU variety?

Or, perhaps they are part of an old style tribal wedding, when the wedding 'voles' were killed and eaten by the bride?

I can understand how 'vole' can become 'vowel' but was unaware that voles are/were connected to weddings, until now of course.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 5:11:35 PM
Dear Blue Cross,

The wedding vowel is not AEIO or U. It is the divine Y.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 5:56:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy