The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Can we discuss matters of race any more on OLO?

Can we discuss matters of race any more on OLO?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. All
"But I thought the whole purpose of the discussion
was Andrew Bolt."

I've taken it a different way. Is the judgement from the case (regardless of how we feel about Bolt himself) likely to present a high risk legally to discussing issues involving race on OLO. In particular what's the legal remifications from an editor/moderators perspective.

I'm of two minds how the accuracy of Bolts claims is to that discussion. From a site perspective Graham and anybody else doing moderation is unlikely to be able to check the accuracy of all claims made. Eg Belly is identifiable and therefore his relatives are potentially identifiable, does the site and potentially Graham have responsibility for claims Belly has made about family members?
(No attack on Belly intended there BTW).

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 12:30:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I can't speak for Ammonite of course.
However, I've always found her to be
an objective and well reasoned poster
on this forum. I don't think it's her
you have to worry about. And as she
pointed out earlier, we're all entitled
to our opinions - right or wrong as they
may be perceived. ;-)
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 12:33:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear RObert,

I think if you were to accuse Belly of appaling motives
regarding his race - using mockery, derision,
sarcasm, without getting your facts straight - you may
have a case to answer to.

Perhaps the following link may help:

http://newmatilda.com/2011/10/04/free-be-offended

I found it an excellent article particularly in relation to
the Bolt case.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 12:42:38 PM
I took no offense at ROberts words, I find him a known Conservative well anchored and while we disagree often not unreasonable.
Lexi sorry know I should try harder but,value honesty.
Ammonite is ok but I do not take too kindly to controlling people.
Now back to RObert.
I stand by my every comment, not just those in this thread.
Give thought and consideration about impacts first.
FEAR! that I may express the simple truth! if challenged saves any concerns.
While failure to understand/matters related to mental health self assurance, may bring some comments known to be untrue.
Mine are true.
And please, see in that truth,Bolt yes you know what I think of him, crafts words to bring a crowd, but did not invent the theory.
Lexi, it will be hard to except, but I live for the ALP, as it was ,as it can and will be again.
No other team can do that for me.
Read Matilda everyday, thank you for that.
Saw and reviewed the link this morning.
I do not agree, in fact would gladly set the dogs on the author and all such, as more harm than good comes from such one sided reporting.
My True Aboriginal relatives are not helped by avoiding the problems black white or any color ride the industry known as Aboriginal welfare
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 5:32:13 PM
"I stand by my every comment, not just those in this thread.
Give thought and consideration about impacts first"

Belly, I believe that, I've never seen indications of you lying.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 8:02:35 PM
Dear Belly,

You're one poster on this forum whose integrity
I would never question.

I respect your opinion and count you as a friend.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 5 October 2011 8:18:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. All