The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Study shows atheists are less nice than Christians

Study shows atheists are less nice than Christians

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
TRUTHNOW78:"I find this hard to believe because atheists always say they care about tolerance, equality, acceptance, inclusiveness and civil rights..."

Well of course they do, but that has nothing to do with 'being nice'.

They are also quite concerned about the truth. If anyone thinks that they are 'nicer' because they believe in a deity, then good on them, some people know better.
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 9 September 2011 1:49:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you can find a study that says anything

i met a few athiest right here
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4683&page=0

dont get wisdom from any survey
EVEN if..if it sounds right
you can still..*be wrong

and appart from them
chosing ignorance..over given answers
they all seem just fine..

[and im not just saying that
so my own..hate of the ignorant..and uniformed
dont bind me..into their chosen delusions..and biased wishfullness]

with the way most believers act
[ie un christian]...and with the lie
of a judgmental partiarchal tyrant..who could blame them]

xtians are their own worst ennemy
if only they DID as the holy christ DID*

[you get more friends by being nice
with grace mercy forgivness..than by namecalling]

oh well one day
we just might follow the egsample of the christ

but what a man thinks in his heart
he becomes

so i will let them both be
believer or unbveliever

if you got faith
but not living it in truth and justice
[well its all just honouring[or blashpheming].

cause thats what you love doing

ahh men
getting grace/mercy..forgivness
is as easy as giving it unto each other..[first]

turn the other cheek
there but for grace go we
Posted by one under god, Friday, 9 September 2011 4:19:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speaking of religion......... what ever happened to Runner? Did one of you nasty atheists do him in?
Posted by Aime, Friday, 9 September 2011 4:48:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Aime

I am alive and well. Most athiest I know are very nice unless of course they are speaking to a bible believing Christian. Often then they froth at the mouth.
Posted by runner, Friday, 9 September 2011 8:14:33 PM
Speaking of religion......... what ever happened to Runner? Did one of you nasty atheists do him in? I'll answer that one:) Runner got suspended, then he would pop in now and again, but didn't say anything. I think he's over the shock of the event.

See non religions people get their knickers in a knot over the free ride Christians get from the tax-payers/public donations.

Only atheists can see the smug attitudes of those that put their beliefs in people faces, however from a early age, child-abuse sits equal with the recruitment drive their told to do, to keep the numbers strong and cashed up.

Its just not fair.

All Australians should get high quality education, but its not the case, is it.

Human-beings are all made up of the same stuff, and the third element which is call love, are in higher doses in Christan's pleasure centre of the brain. Religion sits close to same effect as drugs have, the high is triggered by the overwhelming joy they receive from feeling one is protected, by all powerful protecting super-natural being.

Atheists see the religious types as not well or just high. Magic mushrooms have the same effect:)

I think religious people are happier and more nicer by their condition.....and those that are not religious, see the reel world and tend to be more serious about the world around them.

The poor things:)

cactus:)
Posted by Cactus:), Friday, 9 September 2011 9:35:28 PM
Ah, Runner! Glad to have you back :-)

I believe you and I would have to agree to disagree when it comes to religion. I'm also sure we'd have a healthy regard for each other over a latte. I hesitate to say a beer as I believe you'd find it a "nectar of the devil."

In reality, I shouldn't even be posting on this article as it's not in my domain. I don't believe in a god creator, rather, I believe that this earth is my mother and from her atoms I did rise. When I die I'll return to atoms and eventually be part of some other living creature. I hope it's a shingle-back. I love them, but I'd happily put up with being part of a dog. I love dogs too, even though they're often treated horribly.

My spirit is part of the earth, of the trees and the streams. I have no fear of death for my atoms will go on long after mankind has left this planet as surely he will. He already needs two planets to keep this ridiculous consumer lifestyle going much longer and soon he'll need three. It's a pity religious people believe that their god will "provide." He will not! We've lived in some amazing times, but it's all about to end.

Time is short and my glass is empty. How about joining me in a glass Runner? And once again, welcome back. In all sincerity, I've missed you!
Posted by Aime, Friday, 9 September 2011 10:14:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy