The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > US Presidency; Media tries to shun Ron Paul

US Presidency; Media tries to shun Ron Paul

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
yabby you are a bright bloke.
But I am forced to ask why do you bother.
Not being nasty just honest.
Entering in to debate with arjay, always leads to him/her telling any one with other views they know nothing!
I did not want even to post in this thread, but honestly, if we let such tactics stop free debates and other opinions we challenge the very term free speech.
Ron Paul, if he runs, will be of great help in returning Obama.
The true situation is this, the more radical the Republican candidate the better chance of Democrat victory.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 August 2011 6:20:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,Ron paul is running and his straw polls are close to Obama's.You need to down load 'The Obama Deception' by Alex Jones.Obama is just another corportate puppet like Bush.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 22 August 2011 8:23:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, I was simply responding to Suze, who made the valid point
about Ron Paul and the fanatical religious right/tea party movement.
They helped get George Bush over the line, what a disaster that was
but they have not learned anything.

Arjay, according to our Federal Govt, I am one of the "owners" of
MLA. I am forced to pay levies to them, every time that I sell
livestock. But I cannot sell my share, any profit they make they
keep for reserves. So the word "ownership" is a very flexible one.

So it is with the US Fed. All deposit taking banks in the US have
to deposit some of their reserves with the Fed. But they can't
sell their share or keep the profits that the Fed makes. The head
of the Fed is appointed by the US president, quite different then
if it was actually owned in the true sense, by private enterprise.

Yes, Bernanke has increased the Feds capitalisation, it is within
his powers to do so. His reasoning is this: For the 40 or so
years before joining the Fed, Bernanke's area of academic expertise
was to understand the reasons behind the 1929 depression. His
understanding after all those years, led to his conviction that it
was a lack of liquidity that was the major reason for the 1929
depression. As he did not want history to repeat itself and things
were heading that way, he increased liquidity as he did. It is also
within his power to pull back that liquidity once things get back
in order in the US economy.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 22 August 2011 10:42:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay! Mind your manners or you can go to your bedroom right now!

It's impolite to tell your friends to shut up when they don't play along with your silly conspiracy games.

Ron Paul is unlikely to win the Republican endorsement, regardless of the straw polls. This is why the media don't report on him as much.

Actually, considering that he's been in a similar position in the leadup to most elections and has only scraped in a small number of votes, I think the media gives him plenty of attention.

You're just complaining because your guy isn't being held up on a pedestal and getting as much attention as you'd like, in the same way Muehlenberg was whinging in an article a few days ago.

Don't ever, ever tell people to be quiet. That's the kind of dictatorial, censoring attitude which you claim is oppressing us all. You can measure someone's intellectual worth by how they treat those who offer an opposing view.

It's not your views I find objectionable, it's your habit of only relying on fringe sources and rejecting that which doesn't jibe exactly with your extreme views - and the way you treat others.

You want to spout silly conspiracies? Fine. But don't tell other posters to be quiet and don't accuse them of stupidity given your own proclivities towards sketchy sources.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 22 August 2011 11:32:05 AM
TRTL you also have not a clue.This has nothing to do with the scientific facts of 911.This is about economic reality which you are incapable of debating.Move on.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 22 August 2011 6:41:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm back Arjay!
I stand by my comments on the background and 'friends' that your hero Ron Paul has.

It really doesn't matter what financial credentials this guy has, when he has such 'holier than thou' attitudes.

He won't get in, because the bulk of the American people can see right through his ultra conservative politics.
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 12:06:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy