The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A huge black hole in his budget she says

A huge black hole in his budget she says

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
rehctub you are big on the strawman arguments.

"While I accept the GFC had a huge impact it didn't cause the insulation, solar, school halls, grocery watch, alcopop tax, fuel watch, cash for clunkers, live export or the copenhargen debacles, Did it!"

No but the GFC led to those ill-thought out polices but more importantly none of that has that anything to do with your opening post about business.

"Now if you are one who thinks things are rosy, then by all means, dream on!"

Who said things are rosy. The comments are about your interpretation not a disagreement about the downturn in retail, only the reasons why.

If you are going to look for someone to blame at least try and get the analysis right.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 18 August 2011 11:00:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear pelican, what comment did I make about business in my opening post?

I'll thought out you say.

Boy, how many stuff ups do you lot want to blame on the GFC.

That occurred in 2008 from memory.

Stimulus. Not a bad ideas except it was waited in many cases, due mainly to poorl implementation. Now that's round one. What excuse is there for round two?

Increased first home buyers grant.
Many today are facing finical ruin, just as they were in 08 only this time they owe hundreds of thousands, because, they were lured into buying a home then faced with interest rate hikes, fuel, power ect hikes.

Sadly, some won't have to repay their increased debts because they simp,y couldn't see a way out.

So, I will ask you pelican, at what point do you think enough is enough?

Qantas have clearly had enough, arrnotts and golden circle as well. This is just the beginning, watch this space.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 18 August 2011 3:06:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a lot of hooey booey. You are an opportunist, at it's worst. You must try and get over the fact we have a labor govt;
In two years time you can have another chance to vote, until then you will just have to try and sleep at night.
Posted by a597, Thursday, 18 August 2011 5:05:22 PM
rehctub I cannot work out if you are purposely misconstruing my words or just misunderstanding them. True the downturn in business comments came from another poster, but you followed up with your own.

Where did I say the GFC was responsible for the stuff ups. I wrote the GFC led to those policies in an effort to reduce it's impact, it was the government that stuffed up the delivery of those stimulus programs. However you don't concede that Australia is remarkably better off than many other countries including the US where there is little regulatory mechanisms.

I have also had enough of the Opposition whipping up hysteria and refusal to answer valid questions about their policies and how they are going to fund those policies. Is it wrong to hold the Opposition to account for their claims? Don't forget if they win the next election are we just going to accept our mushroom status for the next three years. Abbott made a comment recently about supporting farmers rights around the gas projects on prime agricultural land and then quickly backtracked. Does he even know what he believes in? The political landscape now is just a marketing exercise and that is what I am sick of and where I say enough is enough.

I am not saying the ALP is better or worse. I just find it funny that many LNP supporters cannot see there is very little difference between the two major parties on essentials.

Your claim that the 'black hole' in Coalition policy is down to Labor is just plain wrong. The black hole refers to anomalies in their their costings.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 19 August 2011 9:42:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy