The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labor Health minister soliciting donations from the tobacco industry - Hypocrite.

Labor Health minister soliciting donations from the tobacco industry - Hypocrite.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
How can you tell when Julia Gillard is telling the truth?

Only when the real Julia stands up!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:28:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Roxon RObert has held her hand up said it did go out and it should not have.
Wrong and such is not unusual in politics.
You like Shadow Minister are a conservative.
But unlike SM I like to think you know as I do, Roxens crime is nothing more than breaking wind in an over crowded lift, in comparison with a former Minister for health taking money from Tobacco, and not instantly supporting plain packs.
In the end is good politics of any value? or do we retreat in to our trenches and defend our side always.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 June 2011 1:28:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Has anyone pointed out to Shadow Minister that the invitation was sent out six (6) YEARS ago AND Roxon admitted it was a mistake at the time?

Was the difference between a neo-con and the rest of the world, real humans can admit when they're wrong.
Posted by Ammonite, Thursday, 16 June 2011 2:25:38 PM
6 years ago is not that long after they stopped taking donations from cigarette companies.

It's sounding more and more like a minor stuff up rather than hypocracy.

So what was this thread about?

SM if the claim of this being 6 years ago is true it's time for a retraction, an apology and move on.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 16 June 2011 4:16:34 PM
http://newmatilda.com/2011/06/15/roxon-story-all-smoke-no-fire
It is interesting to read in this well put together story the inference big Tobacco slipped the ABC this story.
While it may well be the case my personal question has to be why?
Not the obvious intentions of the leaker's but What is the ABC up to.
Have they of late inquired of Abbott about his actually taking donations.
I have the very deepest concerns our ABC is slanted to wards the Greens and to manufacturing not reporting, news.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 June 2011 4:53:18 PM
Belly:>>I have the very deepest concerns our ABC is slanted to wards the Greens and to manufacturing not reporting, news.<<

So Belly my china, hard done by from old Auntie eh, lol, a Labor man crying because the ABC's slant has moved, lol, and exactly what news has the ABC stopped reporting? Perhaps all the Labor spin news that replaces facts, but that would be a positive for unbiased journalism, surely.

This is a red letter day, a lefty crying over being spurned by auntie. Again lol.
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 16 June 2011 5:46:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16