The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labor Health minister soliciting donations from the tobacco industry - Hypocrite.

Labor Health minister soliciting donations from the tobacco industry - Hypocrite.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All
Lexi,

Just about anything else would be better. For example the new NBN is shutting down all other competition, from installed cables to agreements with telstra not to implement wireless, and ripping up the old copper network.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 24 June 2011 3:36:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AH,what we have here is a failure to under stand.
Or can it be a Terminological Inexactitude,Winston Churchill used the word to describe a combative parliamentarian opponent.
The basics, NBN had to be based on a one owner MANY COMPETITORS platform.
Telstra once owned EVERY line.
To free up make more competitive the market = cut prices both forms of government set inaction moves the NBN continues.
GREAT profits have been made by Telstra in this deal [yesterday], we now have a national system that in its very core MUST COVER EVERY ONE!
Must give a service to customers in far out back and inner city's.
Build maintain infrastructure based on service not profits.
THOSE USING THE SYSTEM are service providers, they will be charged the very same rates to use the service.
LEVEL PLAYING FIELD a business mans dream knowing what you opponent is paying.
And watch this space costs will come down speeds and services go up as COMPETITION drives price differences to? you and me.
Brilliant achievement the great shame is troglodytes and others are painting it black history will do better.
The most impressive achievement since the Snowy River Scheme.
Go you good thing ALP!
Posted by Belly, Friday, 24 June 2011 8:05:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

So a sole monopoly, ripping up existing copper networks and paying others not to use existing cable networks and blocking future wireless networks is your idea of competition?

I can see the first thing the coalition will do is remove the NBN's sole licence for service provision. If it is competitive, it will survive, otherwise not.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 24 June 2011 9:53:06 AM
Why don't you guys give it a break and simply email each other without using the forum to waste everyone else's time?
Posted by GRRGH,

Dear GRRGH,

Valid point and one that the politicians could also take up at present. Have you watched "Question Time" lately?
Posted by Lexi,

Lexi- Hilarious!

I was going to leave olo but your a breath of fresh air.!

Government make heaps from tax out of the tobacco industry- speaking of hypocrites.

Are u new - like me?
Posted by Kerryanne, Friday, 24 June 2011 8:34:37 PM
Dear Kerryanne,

No I've been around for a little while. I hope that you'll continue to post. We need knowledgeable people with a sense of humour. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 24 June 2011 9:01:54 PM
Lexi

Thankyou & there is nothing better than exchanging posts with someone with a quick wit. I come in here after the day to relax.
Something witty like your post above makes my day. I go to bed happy instead of all worked up. Humor is better than a Dr
Posted by Kerryanne, Saturday, 25 June 2011 9:31:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy