The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ALP The Future

ALP The Future

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Aime no back down, sorry you selected a small bit of your thread.
Come back with me to this bit, what is the purpose of this thread so you can go back and tell your bosses.
May not be the exact words but did you think that ok?
As an ALP member in your stated view I am a robot not an independent thinker.
Do you understand,, you in fact judged me? before YOU GOT TO KNOW ME?
Now if the reason you dislike us is because you never got an answer gee!
My fellow left of center travelers think.
Yes Labor is not keeping its word.
Its leader is not much good, never will be.
But who and how,will beat Abbott if not Labor.
Two interviews watched live today,well one and a bit.
Bob Brown took on the Murdock press,with the great help of a heated fool from that group.
And won!
Said much as I did up the thread that question or opinion.
Watched a Milli second of our Julia in SA
No could not sit and watch, left even worse was to come Abbott.
We sit at the base of a hill, much of Labors plan is in tatters at our feet, we need policy makers not breakers.
But that hill see,s Tony Abbott on top built on lies promises he never intends to keep.
He sits on the shoulders of small groups intent on turning on Labor because it is Labor not the greens.
And a Medea Baron who wants to own the world, if we could only see what we will look like 12 months in to an Abbott government we would not be playing his divide and conquer game.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 May 2011 1:08:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well it was clear several posts in the thread would not progress.
Yet room exists, not just for the ALP but Liberal and national party's too to explore the future.
And to question the present, I filled in a questionnaire about my party recently.
In it I reminded them,harsh but honestly, we never again can stand idle while the NSW fiasco takes place again.
Betrayal? yes, criminal and miss use of power all yes.
But dream those dreams, only from the government benches and only from with in can we change anything.
One Nation was a Boil on the Bum of Conservatism,yet it took Labor and Liberal votes.
It did not turn us in to xenophobes, it mined thoughts we already had,and won votes by doing it.
John Howard took that part of their policy's, had always shared them, and won office.
Gillard after endless bleating not for the first time,back tracked and in fact is becoming harsher on this.
Because the bleeding hearts will mostly vote for her but big numbers of swingers are being lost, on such policy's.
Dream those dreams of perfection, but they are nightmares in truth.
Labor must first and last try to continue to be the giver of constructive change.
Policy's to appease the greens are a one way track to opposition benches.
Rather we go down fighting for middle Australia than pandering to fools.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 May 2011 7:42:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

Both political parties need people leading them who are good communicators, who know what they're talking about, who do their
research, who can sell their policies, who can explain things in a
language that people can understand, and who make sense and come across as believable, trustworthy, and worthy of respect.

Bill Shorten - is one I'd nominate for Labor. Malcolm Turnbull for
the Liberal Party.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 19 May 2011 8:00:52 PM
Lexi

Let me add: and who can BE believable, trustworthy, and worthy of respect.

Before he became PM, I thought one Kevin Michael Rudd met all of your criteria.

But he certainly didn’t meet my abovementioned criterion!

Not at all sure about Bill Shorten, but Malcolm Turnbull has grown on me. From initially being repulsed by him, I am now willing to listen to what he has to say, quite intently…. and it is sounding almost reasonable!
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 19 May 2011 10:02:06 PM
I would like the Julia we had BEFORE she became PM. She was warm, witty and concise, which leads me to believe she took on the position of PM sooner than she'd planned.

Sometimes I like Bill Shorten - other times not sure - he sails close to the conservative right.

Malcolm Turnbull is the closest thing the Libs have to someone who is sincere about what he stands for - if it hadn't been for the Gordon Grech episode, I would very happy to see him lead the Libs, but less certain about his bona fides as a PM.

Abbott is the Libs' Latham - amazed he has lasted this long. Malcolm would be wise to wait until after the next election, Abbott loses, then Malcolm can consolidate the Libs into a more cohesive whole than they have at present - hey they may even put together some actual policies!

Meanwhile I am hoping Julia turns into Julia, the benefits of the NBN have become clear, we have a clear strategy for sustainable technology AND (I know I am dreamin') the chaplaincy program is scrapped in favour of professional psychologists and counselors. And RE is the responsibility of churches, mosques etc on their applicable holy days. None of this theocracy by stealth.
Posted by Ammonite, Thursday, 19 May 2011 11:14:31 PM
Labor dose not deserve another term.

Term one saw them waste billions and place financial burdon on us, our kids and our kids kids.

Term two sees them now wanting to imposse all kinds of taxes in order to recoup some of the billions they wasted.

Just think how great life could be right now if they hadn't been allowed axcess to our future savings.

Our seniors could have enjoyed their right to retire with dignity, without having to go to the extreem measures they do simply to survive, not prosper.

Our kids could have looked forward to inheriting a great set of numbers.

And finnally, we could have drawn compfort in knowing that we could plan for our retirerment, rather than trying to find ways to make ends meet on a daily basis.

Only a true labor suporter could even think they deserve a future.

Anyway, I'm off fishing for a week.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 20 May 2011 7:17:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy