The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You are so out of touch Mr Swan

You are so out of touch Mr Swan

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
i8 suppose those who read the entrails
will have noted this

""Great Wall St.:
Goldman Sachs & Co

*betting on yuan?
By: portos

The two biggest boys on the Wall Street Block a
re reportedly planning to set up yuan-dominated private equity funds in China.""

under their new mask

""Goldman Sachs wants to raise up to 5 billion yuan""

from the peas-ants-
""which equals almost 800 million U.S. dollars,
and Morgan Stanely's to follow suit next week.

To discuss the matter and its implications
for the American economy, RT talks to economic researcher and author William Engdahl.
http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=14934

"The torturers from the start
had said that the United States supported them
....*and that was what counted." --

Amnesty International report on Greece
in the 1960s under...US--supported dictator George Papadoupolus

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/05/report-states-nickel-and-dime.html
http://www.activistpost.com/2011/05/white-house-to-unveil-new-cyber.html

http://theintelhub.com/2011/05/12/scientific-study-links-flammable-drinking-water-to-fracking/
Posted by one under god, Friday, 13 May 2011 9:19:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear rehctub,

My husband was self employed for decades. He always managed to survive without any major financial highs, although we did have some
lows and my husband only earned a fraction of the PM's salary. We lived within out means and learned to adjust. Mind you my salary helped a great deal.
The link I gave in my previous post was - for anyone interested in another assessment of the current budget apart from the comedic statements predictably espoused by the leader of the Opposition who's embarrasing statements are making his own back-benchers cringe as witnessed while watching Parliament on TV. Personally, I feel that the current budget had to be a tough one - to compensate for the global financial diaster brought upon the world by the US bankers. The
Australian economy still has a triple A rating on the world market.

Whether the government achieves a surplus or not in 2012-13 doesn't really matter at least they have set themselves goals to aim for it but the Opposition's scare-mongering is not going to help - especially if investors react to the Opposition's rhetoric. This will be detrimental to us all.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 13 May 2011 10:09:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*At one point, in the mid 90's, I made more money than the prime minister, to much in fact, yet today, I make less than and average mine worker.*

Rehctub, stop grizzling, you are clearly still doing ok! Yes, in
the mid 90s butchers creamed it, as farmers were forced to give
their livestock away for next to nothing. You can't expect those
kinds of margins to last, its more like robbery really.

I've told you before, the world is changing, ignore it at your peril.
The high cost high price retailing model is going to crash, the
internet will force it to crash. Consumers are the winners.

No wonder that American corporations are moving into Australia and
taking market share. They are used to tough competition.

I bought a bearing seal this week, which is little more then a bit
of tin, accurately bent. I needed it to get a machine going.
Local price from the logal high margin business, 40 bucks.
So out of interest I googled the same part number. American price
is $3.95 1000% difference!

For this very reason we need globalisation. To keep the local
bastards honest.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 13 May 2011 2:45:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is OK for Mr. Abbott to condemn this government as wrong in everything they do.

If he does not or cannot explain why they are such a bad government, his words are only an opinion, not proof.
Posted by Flo, Friday, 13 May 2011 3:45:47 PM
Yabby>>Rehctub, stop grizzling, you are clearly still doing ok! Yes, in
the mid 90s butchers creamed it, as farmers were forced to give
their livestock away for next to nothing. You can't expect those
kinds of margins to last, its more like robbery really.

Margins today are actually higher than they were back then, so your theory is again inaccurate.

In fact, in the mid 90's the pig farmers begged us to sell more pork, so we did.

Then, overseas pork contracted foot and mouth, so what do you recon happened to local pork prices. You guessed it, they shot through the roof as the farmers chose the OS market over the locals.

And they have the hide to call us greedy.

Lexi,it's only the past few years that have been really tough.

Flo, there have been almost as many 'stuff ups' by these fools as there are letters in the alphabet.

How on earth can you honestly think they have done a sound job.

Just remember, the GFC didn't cause the insulation 'stuff ups', the fuel watch, grocery watch, the school halls, the (state labor) traveston dam, the solar, the .........or the NBN.

Labor managed these stuff ups all on their own and in what must be considered to be record time.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 13 May 2011 9:57:09 PM
Dear rehctub,

The following website may clarify a few things for you (and anyone else who's interested):

http://newmatilda.com/2011/05/13/abbott-remembers-families-forgets-taxes

As a reader wrote on that link:

"Although there isn't an election due until 2013 - Abbott would like to see one take place much earlier. Straight away actually... if we elect the Liberal Party with Abbott as leader in 2013 we will have reached an historical apex of venal stupidity. Historians will view the Australian people circa 2011 as a bunch of greedy-bloody-minded, ethically bankrupt sheep..."

"Abbott has nothing to offer but slogans and vacuous performances..."

This does seem to be his own last grasp for power.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 13 May 2011 11:54:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy