The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does the world now believe in the reality anthopogenic global warming?

Does the world now believe in the reality anthopogenic global warming?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
I am hungry for learning and understanding.
It is a shame that I was not so at school.
However maybe not, the school prefect was very smart, toped the school in every test, poor fella drowned in his first job,Telegram delivery boy.
Peter Hume would have us believe he is head and shoulders above us.
That we who see year after year talk of the hottest/coldest/wettest/dry est month on record want to know why.
We, aware it took the full time span man walked on this earth to bring the first billion of us .
And after the industrial revolution we did that in very little time.
How long has it taken for the last billion to come.
How long before the next, and the next?
How much coal and fossil fuels did we in total burn while we waited for that first billion to come.
How much from 1750 till now.
How many rivers now run filthy water and waste.
Has Nuclear explosions from 1945 till now done anything to our planets atmosphere.
No God is waiting broom and mop in hand, if Global warming is man made or not who will fix it?
Are food prices to double then double again as is our population?
How many will die.
If Mr big oil talking to Mr big coal,while Mr big fossil fuel said we know we are bringing it about would they tell us?
Maybe, they would start, as Tobacco and drugs have a conspiracy theory to cover up self interest.
If they did they can rely on innocents to grab with both hands and spread the man made conspiracy's they bought about to hide the truth.
Under the guise of superior mental ability.
My hunger to learn continues.
Closed minds do not learn or progress.
If so many of us have not impacted on this planet it would need explaining why.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 7 May 2011 5:56:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The facts are there are thousands of scientists who don't believe in AGW but the corporate media want the ETS and to carbon taxes to steal from us again.Climate is very complex.The IPCC did not include the influence of the Sun in it's studies.It is the salient influence on our climate.Even NASA now admits that past warmings were due to the influence of the Sun.Does the Sun now magically not have such an influence?

Scientists say that earthquakes are too complex to predict.We have a shifting magnetic pole at 40 km per yr,the moon on very close orbits.All these and more effect earthquakes.
Now the earth's magnetic field has weakened by 10% due to this polar shift.Our magnetic field reflects radiation from the Sun.Here is another influence on climate not considered by the IPCC.

A good analogy is Bin Laded.Oh yes we got him.They first posted fake photos that had been circulating the net,withdraw them,supposedly kill Bin Laden and bury the evidence.No DNA,no photos and no body.

AGW;no proof,evidence ignored,scientists ignored,evidnece faked.They should have buried AGW along with the fake Bin Laden.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 7 May 2011 7:22:35 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly

you are more likely to die from not affording electricity prices than the unlikely scenarious that you imagine in your mind. Without those 'dirty'polluters I doubt whether you would be alive today. You along with others would be waiting for enough wind to turn on the computer. Come back to reality mate.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 7 May 2011 10:25:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Close but I remain unsure.
Is it arjay or runner who are the further away from reality.
I am however sure fruit trees that should not ripen till next month have ripe fruit ready to pick or rot.
British Isles burn in dry [record dry] and well, no use really both have closed minds and self satisfaction that will not let truth in.
Is it you arjay? or has some one replaced you, have my doubts.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 7 May 2011 12:07:29 PM
A point of order folks.

I did NOT ask whether YOU believed in AGW.

AGW is always an interesting discussion but it's NOT what I intended as the topic of this thread.

My question was:

Do most people in the world today who are aware of the issue accept the reality of anthropogenic global warming?

If various polls are to be believed the answer appears to be a luke-warm "yes."

The attitude of most people reminds me of the attitude of cigarette smokers in the 1960s and 1970s. On an intellectual level they accepted that smoking harmed them but they weren't yet prepared to quit. Support for vigorous government action to curtail smoking was low to non-existent.

Similarly today most people, on an intellectual level, seem to accept the reality of AGW but are not prepared to bear the cost of curbing emissions.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Saturday, 7 May 2011 12:31:49 PM
stevenlmeyer

you assume people accept things on an 'íntellectual'level. For the left 'intellectual level'is just believe what we tell you. They expect people to throw out their brains. In the 70's the intellectual level believed and taught we were in for an ice age, then the ozone hole was going to fry us all. Their is no íntellectual'level when you are dealing with flawed computer models, failed predictions and much money gained by those pushing the dogma. History does not go well for the íntellectual'level of thinking. Most people really don't know so are not prepared to ruin the standard of living the 'dirty'polluters have brought us and the catatrophic results if these 'dirty'polluters were shut down. China, India, USA have no intention of following our foolish Government.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 7 May 2011 2:26:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All