The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does the world now believe in the reality anthopogenic global warming?

Does the world now believe in the reality anthopogenic global warming?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
AJ fell silent because AJ was very busy over the weekend and AJ is not enthusiastic about continuing as AJ was responsible for de-railing stevenlmeyer's thread, but will post one last response soon.
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 9 May 2011 12:10:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hume

Just because you and your cohorts don't notice the facile dishonesty of your intellectual methods, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't!

There, fixed.
Posted by bonmot, Monday, 9 May 2011 12:20:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bonmot, like I said, I can only agree with everything you say. I’m terrified; we are indeed heading for destruction by every means you have described, and as supported by all the scientists you have listed and upon all the opinions you have provided.

Don’t know what we are going to do, what about my grandchildren? My goodness we must do something, help us bonmot, help us.

I just can’t understand why no one is listening to you and your friends, you are so, how can I put it? Ah yes, plausible.

Why are governments ignoring your advice? Why have they not legislated against poisonous carbon dioxide? Why don’t they price CO2 out of the market? Why can’t we just put in renewable energy to give us lots of cheap energy and provide lots of green jobs?

I’m with you bonmot, we should get the UN to form a body to force this on the world; we could call them say, the IPCC?

OK, they would be political not scientific but hey, surely some one would believe them? Even if there are question marks over some of their stuff hey, we can get some high profile dudes to keep telling us that we are idiots not to believe them.

bonmot, I’m sure this would work. Please save us. Give us a plan, the last one has been in use for years and we need something new. Why can't we just trump all these skeptics and smack them down with some empirical evidence, let's face it the overworked "computer predictions" are gettin really embarrassing, do something
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 9 May 2011 1:53:01 PM
bonmot
the facile dishonesty constituted by asking you to provide reason and evidence for your belief that the end is nigh?
Posted by Peter Hume, Monday, 9 May 2011 2:34:23 PM
Spindoc

You don't have to believe anything I say ... you are a 'post normal scientist' after all.

Hume

You say I "believe the end is nigh".

Wrong again but ... spin, misrepresentation, distortion and lie ain't going to change the science.
Posted by bonmot, Monday, 9 May 2011 3:05:44 PM
bonmot
Well why don't you tell us what you think the problem is, and how you know, and what you think the solution is, and what account you have taken of the downside of the supposed solution, and what reason there is to think that it's going to make the problem better than worse considering the downsides both ways?
Posted by Peter Hume, Monday, 9 May 2011 3:44:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All