The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pat Condell. Is this person going over-board?

Pat Condell. Is this person going over-board?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
This person seems to be creating quite a stir. What are your thoughts.

LEA
Posted by Quantumleap, Friday, 29 April 2011 7:25:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must admit I had to look this guy up Leap, as I had never heard of him. What I found certainly amused me!
Some of his videos made me laugh out loud :)

Underneath all the humour though, I found his message to be a very wise one, and very true.
I do however, know that this thread will upset some of our own loveable contributors with 'apocalyptic delusions' of their own!

I found info on Pat Condell at the following site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Condell

...and a very insightful quote from him:

"It seems to me that fundamentalist Christians, jihadist Muslims and settlement-building Jews are causing more than their share of trouble in the world. World events are being driven by people with apocalyptic delusions, while here in Britain a paralysing liberal guilt allows religious bigots to use intimidation and violence to stamp out free speech. If you can’t get laughs out of all that, you can’t get them out of anything."[6]
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 30 April 2011 10:17:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
suzi you make me laugh. You write 'World events are being driven by people with apocalyptic delusions

No more so than the secular gw alarmist making billions out of a very corrupt industry. To think they use 'science'as a mask for their hypocrisy.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 30 April 2011 11:10:58 AM
runner far more laughter is generated for me in your posts.
Interesting stuff never heard of the bloke but want more.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 April 2011 11:32:23 AM
My only gripe with Mr Condell is he weaves up higher stakes of the loony subjects he talks about than what they necessarily are (although having said that he is often not far away from the accurate case).
Having said that I generally agree with him.

And find it that our resident nutcase is in a position where, faced with an anti-Christian AND anti-Muslim anti-theological viewpoint, he instead attacks the same science that gave him a computer to share his inane thoughts.

So far this thread is going quite well!
Posted by King Hazza, Saturday, 30 April 2011 1:41:58 PM
Runner <"suzi you make me laugh. You write 'World events are being driven by people with apocalyptic delusions"

Dearest Runner, my sole porpose in joining in these discussions is just to make you laugh :)

In actual fact, it wasn't me who made up the words above, but Pat Condell.

I would have thought you would have embraced his discussions on jihadist Muslims?
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 30 April 2011 4:31:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy