The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia joins the

Australia joins the

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Lexi do not wast your time in such negative company.
You and I are aware at least Tony Abbott STILL trys to win over independents and worked very hard to get greens on his team.
Today or indeed tomorrow,any day,Conservatives would deal with the Devil to get power.
I am a fierce opponent of the greens, FOREVER.
But deal with them I would, to keep Abbott out of power.
He is fly paper for hard headed unthinking conservatives, like a bright light is the moths at night.
Look yet again at his policy's,his ability to change his mind and views is at least, as unattractive as Gillards.
A focus on Labors wrongs is OK, if those who do it can compare once Liberalism to todays Tea Party Liberals lost nature and remoteness from its foundations.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 9 April 2011 3:20:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

Focusing on any party's wrongs is fair enough, I guess. But what I can't understand is - SM seems to do only that! I mean, has he ever posted a thread that doesn't attack Labor?

It's almost as if he's a plant on this forum with an agenda to keep stirring the pot against Labor. He doesn't enter into the discussion -and simply keeps repeating the party line of condemnation. Perhaps he should change his name from "Shadow Minister," to "Minister of Propaganda?" Now that would be something constructive for a change.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 9 April 2011 4:13:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This sort of petty points-scoring and triumphalism trivializes the issues, in my view spindoc.

>>we had a similar discussion a few weeks back where I suggested that we don’t really know what Julia’s plan is. I think we are at the stage where we might be able to suggest that there isn’t one.<<

It is actually a little difficult not to feel some sympathy with Ms Gillard on this, even though I agree she is being singularly unimpressive at the moment.

She finds herself in a position, unique in Australian political history, of having to manage a mishmash coalition of Labor hardliners, Labor lightweights, air-head Greens and a couple of what's-in-it-for-me independents.

Plus a vindictive ex-PM who will slide the stiletto between her ribs at the first clear opportunity.

To cap it all, a Fourth Estate that values sensationalism over substance, and that has all the empathy of a hyena contemplating a wounded antelope.

A coalition typically does not allow one Party free rein to implement their manifesto. Anyone who describes every tiny compromise as a "sell-out" has no concept of what coalition government entails.
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 9 April 2011 5:05:28 PM
Pericles that is a brilliant post, as is your habit, understanding and balanced.
I have just a little different view, not much.
NSW should have warned the ALP it is not a ladder for egos without legs or skills.
Without commitment.
It has not yet.
But it will, we have some real fools advising us, have had for two decades.
Whoever told Paul K, now a silly old man, to repeat every thing he said,should be beheaded.
Gillard has been surrounded by fools.
And she is the most hungry for power woman this country ever has seen,she is a failure, but outstanding in comparison to Abbott.
Lexi I have asked that question of Shadow Minster every day I posted here.
Still think he fills your description well, individual to is unlikely ever to see other than his own entrenched view.
A hard skin has formed over some posters,I left twice rather than be insulted by them.
But I was wrong, it is high praise to be despised by such!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 9 April 2011 6:35:15 PM
Lexi & Belly,
It may be annoying to you if some of us keep pointing out unpleasant facts about Labor. But, if you had your life affected by Labor policies & Labor cronies as I have than you would think different.
Can you ask them to give me back some of the life they've ruined for me ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 9 April 2011 8:28:47 PM
"It may be annoying to you if some of us keep pointing out unpleasant facts about Labor."...Oh Indy....its called guilt. What the abbreviations of Pensioners means is......Mouldy-elderly-Australian-suckers! and Tony is your friend.....Ok then:)...lol...

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Saturday, 9 April 2011 10:49:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy