The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Thankyou Mr Rudd

Thankyou Mr Rudd

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Talking of Labor's jettisoning its past and "looking to the future" - here is a recent article titled "The Perversion of Social Democracy in Australia" by Amy Mullins.
http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/55630.html

It contains an audio link to British Historian, Tony Judt's lecture titled "What is Living and What is Dead in Social Democracy"...this is an insightful analysis of the gradual erasure of social democratic values to be replaced by purely economic imperatives....here is a further link to a transcript of Judt's lecture....worth a read for anyone who's interested.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2009/dec/17/what-is-living-and-what-is-dead-in-social-democrac/
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 10 April 2011 5:57:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

You have nailed the issue with the greens in one. When the greens were a conservationist party a decade ago, their polling was typically 2%. Recently they have begun absorbing agitators from the far left.

The Carbon tax amongst others suit the Green's agenda and the fact that these policies that were a condition of the alliance will damage Labor is in BB's interest, as weakening Labor makes the Greens look a viable alternative.

As far as the coalition is concerned, the more they can successfully portray labor policy as trailing the greens the more the lower to middle income man in the street is horrified, and will leave the social engineering of Labor/greens for the income and employment protection of the liberals.

As for business, the labor party is looking wounded and weak, and could collapse at a single puff of advertising. The mining, banking, petrochemical, steel, gaming, and others are lining up for the kill. If Labor is hammered continuously for 2 years, the next election might deliver results similar to those in NSW.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 11 April 2011 1:30:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

You've got a great gift for pushing your agenda which is a serviceable substitute for the facts (or lack of) and a useful tool for the Party that you support. I trust that they appreciate what you're doing for them.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 11 April 2011 8:14:06 PM
Sorry about this Lexi, Shadow Minister I agree with all but the last part of your post!
It is true that lunatic left are hiding within the greens, in the drivers cabin steering wheel in hand.
And that average Aussie has had a gutful of them.
Do not forget, conservation or not, the greens are radical, always have been.
Conservation, we all suffer,, our true conservationists too because this mob make the word dirty.
Labor however, while much must be done is full of great talent and promise.
Not however in Gillard and her personal hangers on.
Here Lexi is quite right, you are a mirror image of your party's leadership.
No need for truth understanding or even to keep promises made.
Just slander and undermine.
FORGETTING it is not a football match its the very life blood of our country.
We want better from politics.
I may yet be wrong about Hanson, if so will be first to say but mate in Truth you just have to be Cristopher Pyne!or Julie Bishop!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 6:16:28 AM
Belly,

Read this then tell me if you still disagree with my last point.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/labor-needs-another-messy-battle-like-a-hole-in-the-head-20110411-1db5h.html

Lexi,

For someone whose posts are singularly devoid of facts, and who has failed to even challenge any of what I have submitted, you are hardly one to talk. If you want to challenge me on the facts please produce some. I am generally careful in checking my facts before I post, and while you can argue with my interpretation, the facts are solid.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 8:00:43 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Your facts are not solid and everyone knows it. They are merely presented from your one-eyed point of view - and always negatively against Labor. However, you keep pushing your barrow. That's your agenda. We all get it!
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 10:32:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy