The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW Hit by excessive Government Taxes on power and Carbon

NSW Hit by excessive Government Taxes on power and Carbon

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Tim it would appear is looking for far bigger cuts and far bigger expenditure.
As are the greens.
A very bad idea.
The longest journey starts with one step.
The greens stopped that first step in the last Parliament, with Gillards help.
Australian and the world should take that first step, BUT I WARN the greens and public perceptions of their involvement may yet kill climate change action here.
Today marks the low point in ALP for this state.
If Gillard survives Federal Labor will face such a day.
If so, after so much promise and so much failure it will take time to get back.
Yet it may never happen Labor has better leaders and while Abbott stands we can win.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 26 March 2011 5:06:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am always transfixed on election night any election.
No surprise in the result, no not even in the hunter.
I worked very hard to get one of the losses in Parliament last time.
And within a month knew it was a waste.
I think it is clear ALP voters drove this result, always thought they would.
The out come is good for the party and the state.
I understand we will suffer but Labor gave Barry his mandate and its own members.
Of promise, sorry to those I offend GREENS are likely to have failed.
A 1.5% rise is nothing in this landslide clearly NSW did not hide its intention and the decline of greens has started move over Democrats.
ALP?get over it but never for get you drove us the party's back bone to this night, if we ever forget we will see this night once too often and a new party born.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 26 March 2011 7:31:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am not one of those who woke in NSW in shock.
My words have told of this for 2 years, my heart for 5 years.
NSW Labor was a basket case.
Some will remind us of internal fighting, I will remind them of fraud self interest claimed ownership of my party.
Some will very wrongly,talk of drifting away from Labor values, I will remind them we drifted away from all values.
Some will tell of the end of federal government,I will say just maybe this stick on our backs may turn the plodding beast.
Those outside my state know this.
As an X ,nothing more x than an x,trade union official, I saw former RTA people win contracts for? the RTA, pay far less than award, or not pay at all, and letters to Minister after minister came back without interest signed by him but written by the very people I complained about.
small event? no a sign of the whole,ministers had time to make fools of them selves but not to look at issues in their own back yard,all? no but most Ministers had more time for fund raising and shonky deals than working.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 March 2011 4:34:02 AM
NSW Labour were marginally more functional than Federal Labour. Thankfully people have woken up. There is a carbon tax lie but no doubt the ones waiting to knife Gillard will be working out an excuse as to why they won't introduce it.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 27 March 2011 9:42:45 AM
runner at about this time I once would have been as angry as an ant after its nest was kicked.
Fully intend to IF I can only stop ROFL!
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 March 2011 9:52:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy