The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So, what comes after multiculturalism?

So, what comes after multiculturalism?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Well, well, like bees to a honeypot, the xenophobes are out of their holes this morning!

TRUTHNOW78

"With Merkel, Cameron, Sarkozy and Howard all saying multiculturalism has failed ..."

What would you expect? These leaders all sit well to the right of the political spectrum. Ensuring a fair go for all and encouraging acceptance and understanding of those different to themselves has never been one of their priorities.

Banjo

"Multiculturalism is a phylosophy that rates original culture ahead of national loyality."

Multiculturalism is a philosophy which allows immigrants to value their original culture or heritage AS WELL AS that of their newly adopted countries, which, by reason of them having emigrated in the first place, they obviously respect and admire.

Surely we are big enough and gracious enough to allow immigrants to retain some of their own cultural practices which, especially in the early days of their relocation, still hold personal significance and often give much-needed reassurance to them. In time, and when treated with respect and generosity, most of these new arrivals gradually take on the practices of their new country.
Posted by Bronwyn, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 10:10:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do they need to have a policy on it? Why can't they just not have a policy? Abolish all laws, bureaucracies and policies to do with multi-culturalism.
Posted by Peter Hume, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 10:33:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find a form of cowardice in the thread.
An unwillingness to highlight Multiculturalism is not the concern most have.
I may well be censored here but I truly believe we America the world benefit from a form of cultural exchange bought by migration.
Here goe,s can I say this? I truly do not know, PC rules us all, I think we, some of us, fear a religion that is also a culture.
That is so different than our culture it is like mixing stone instead of six Penny's in the Christmas pudding.
I saw all those leaders say it failed and agree but why can we not be honest the failure is not the idea it is its implementation in relation to a culture that all too often is both political and religion as well,, even more wants separation in my country.
Even wants their laws not ours.
Can we be honest, except I will be called racist not true but one day we will know this is never going to work.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 11:02:41 AM
ddan wwwrote..qquote

''Just to build a bit on your “priority tag”;

God
---''

creation
love
life
the messengers

the teachers
the doers
the servers

others
mothers
fathers

home
family
feelings
emotions

knowledge
[peace]

and an endless list of other things more important than

''Christianity
---
Other religions
---
We
---
Me.'

then there is us/them
my works..your works
not just as long as it works

i appriciate your trying to simplify
but it isnt that simple..for egsample..
the hungry ..put food at the top of their list

it takes all sorts..but to try to drag it back to topic
multiculturism reveals gods many divergent aspect...few are the cultures who didnt get their messenger's..or dont hold the good things as a sacared trust

im reminded that we are a part of the land
that is a part of gods creation

personally i would like to see religeons ..get it together
and stop serving creed/greed..and serving gods creation..all of it

bnot just their little bit of it
what comes after multi-cultur-isms
no more -isms

mono=thiesim?
minimalistic thiest -ism
that rejoices in our divergent cultures

taking the best teachings from them all
moderating the creed/greed..serving need
but holding all of them in sacred trust
keeping them alive..to reveal their lessons in toto
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 11:04:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Well, well, like bees to a honeypot, the xenophobes are out of their holes this morning!'

And like flies to a sh!t, the PC brigade will follow.

'Surely we are big enough and gracious enough to allow immigrants to retain some of their own cultural practices which, especially in the early days of their relocation, still hold personal significance and often give much-needed reassurance to them. In time, and when treated with respect and generosity, most of these new arrivals gradually take on the practices of their new country'

eh? What planet have you been living on? In most cases, it is like AlGore warned 'They came here with the idea of growing their own sub culture, separate society and when strong enough.. to completely transform and rebuild our country along lines more compatible with 'their' culture.'

These awful leaders from ' the right of the political spectrum' only want their countries back. I hope Australia grows the balls to do the same.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 11:28:56 AM
AGIR <"'They came here with the idea of growing their own sub culture, separate society and when strong enough.. to completely transform and rebuild our country along lines more compatible with 'their' culture.'"

Ok then Al, I didn't realise you were such a strong advocate for Aboriginal Australian rights then?

The above statement explains exactly what happened (and is still happening) to them in their own country.

What's good for the goose...
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 12:00:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy