The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tim Costello; every time I see you on TV, I feel proud to be Australian.

Tim Costello; every time I see you on TV, I feel proud to be Australian.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
...often you are dealing with humanity overseas, occasionally you are dealing with humanity in Oz.

Either way, when you get your say into my lounge, you always help break up the stupidity during much of the news shows and I feel happy and do not wish to hurl the shoe at the TV.

Cheers Tim.
Posted by madcowmess, Thursday, 10 February 2011 5:31:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Odd, that.

>>...when you get your say into my lounge, you always help break up the stupidity during much of the news shows and I feel happy<<

All I can think when I see his concerned look and hear his humanitarian platitudes is - hey, for a quarter of a million a year, I could do that too.

http://www.worldvision.com.au/aboutus/CorporateGovernance/AnnualReports.aspx
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 11 February 2011 8:08:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
aint that funny tim..lol

i feel sick
everytime i see/hear your voice

you were prattling on ..again last night on abc
thank god i only heard the last two answer/rep-lies

i recall you saying we lead the world
or other same vain twaddle

ok mate ..lets lead the world
put this NEW TAX ..on our exports ..sport

see if ya can make that one float
put whatever new tax .
.on those using the national product ..to polute

lets get serious you joker

its too easy to lobby govt
for a new tax ..on its captive taxpayers

let go after the real problems..if you dare

i wish i recalled the twisted logic ..and clever avoidance
you revealed again last night..

give me a transcript
and i will point out your spin

but mate dont be saying
what we do is important..its only important to you..

if you win here..
IT is..*you ..
who get to play ..in the bigger global pond

that indian spin meister has too much baggage
they need a new global face ..for this farce

and your hoping to be it..

[your father would be ashamed]

i wish i could recall the last final question
you so cleverly sidestepped...

it wasnt that the ice thickness has trippled this year..

darn i wish i could remember your twaddle/spin.. its was so blatent only a true believer/convert.. could swallow it...

oh well it will come to me
you spin the same spin..

you will say it again and again
catch ya next time
Posted by one under god, Friday, 11 February 2011 8:28:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Naughty Pericles... my thoughts exactly.

Doesn't it scare you when you think like me ? :) of course, I have to thankyou for your original discovery of that little financial fact... but strangely, when I regurgitate it in criticsm of Costello you berate me.. Hmmmmmm......

Has Tim finally caught up with Hillsong empressario Brian Houston... who I'm told drives a rather flash 3 star... not a run of the mill lil one..but a biggy...

Well..perhaps not quite...but all I can think of now when I see "Tim Costello", specially that classic image of him bullying the Westpac bank.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/klwnfc/4054236120/

Of course..Tim is quite skilled at picking on others with money..

“The quickest way to degrade the gospel,” says Costello, “is to link it with money and the pursuit of money. It is the total opposite of what Jesus preached. These people have learnt nothing from the mistakes made by the American televangelists.” (Tim Costello)

He's quite right there...but Pericles link should reveal a bit of a problem with the 'Word' and the 'Life'. (Tims)

//Melbourne's Wesley Central Mission today vowed to review the salary package of its controversial superintendent, Reverend Tim Langley, after it was revealed he was earning $160,000 a year, as well as living in a luxury apartment supplied by the Uniting Church.
The salary has outraged some members of the clergy, at least, who say that a religious calling is all about sacrifice and service.//

REV TIM COSTELLO, BAPTIST MINISTER: "Look, I was shocked and I think most clergy in the church are dumbstruck. When you have a religious calling, you understand it's about sacrifice and service. You're not in it to make money."

Indeed Tim....indeeed... how much are you now paid at World vision ?

It's a HECK of a lot MORE than the $160,000 for which you were critical of Langley.

Doncha hate the internet......
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Friday, 11 February 2011 8:52:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I remember a few years ago Derryn Hinch made some comments about how little of the dollars we donate to charities - actually goes to the charities and people in need. Out of each dollar the amount mentiones was very small. Still, as Hinch stated, if we didn't donate - these people wouldn't get anything at all. So, prior to criticising Costello's salary - we need to ask - where would the poor be without organisations like World Vision? Better off? It's all relative. As for judging Costello? - he's doing his job - and doing it well and he's not the only one benefiting from it.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 11 February 2011 9:45:02 AM
Most Christians I know have switched to giving to organisations that help the poor as well as sharing of the Only One who can save their souls. World Vision seem to have become more Green faith minded (political) than remembering its original purpose. I hope I am wrong. I am sure I have heard Costello parroting some nonsense about global warming at some stage.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 February 2011 11:09:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy