The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tim Costello; every time I see you on TV, I feel proud to be Australian.

Tim Costello; every time I see you on TV, I feel proud to be Australian.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Agir wrote "did Tim Costello know what that charity leader did with HIS pay when he humiliated and attacked him as well"?

That's my point .......... you don't know what knowledge Tim Costello had regarding this.

You've "assumed" and implied that Tim Costello is criticising WITHOUT that knowledge and therefore is a hypocrite as a result. You've then gone on to imply that Tim Costello's motivation for his work is his wage and that he's "posturing himself" as a battler for the poor.

Agir, you come across as a very mean person. I greatly suspect that there's more to this than you're revealing and that your "real" motivations for your anti Tim Costello rhetoric lie elsewhere.
Posted by courageous, Sunday, 13 February 2011 8:08:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, a graeter proportion of church-encouraged donations now go to church promotion, rather than rationally directed aid. Well done runner! You continue to parody the ignorant fundy so well! Keep proving to us all why fundies should be so gracious as to blow away.

Rusty
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Sunday, 13 February 2011 9:33:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My only concern with charities and this is not to imply anything negative about the one Mr Costello is CEO of, is that there isn't sufficient public transparency and accountability for what is done with donations.

Government and the public are entitled to know precisely where the money is expended and what the results are. If there is an effective, efficient and robust way of achieving those purposes without unduly inconveniencing smaller charities I would be happy to support it.

I would prefer my dollars went to Mr Costello's remuneration as CEO of a reputable charity that achieves results, rather than being channeled to a group of ill-informed activists.
Posted by Cornflower, Monday, 14 February 2011 2:12:11 AM
Hey Courageous.. are you suggesting that Tim Costello has access to the other blokes bank accounts..or that he has employed a private investigator to sus his spending habits out ? Get real.

My point stands untouched..you haven't laid a glove on it.

1/ Tim Costellow is 'shocked and dumbstruck' about the salary (not the spending habits) of another charity CEO.
2/ Tim Costello then underlines that 'If you are in Christian service it's all about sacrifice yada yada'.

3/ Tim Costello has repeatedly postured himself in the Media as a battler for the poor and a critic of the rich (See photo of him outside 'Bank of Greeeeed')

4/ Tim Costello then takes on a job at a MUCH higher salary than the man he criticized.

5/ HAS Tim Costello made a public apology to that other CEO in the meantime? If so.. I'd love to see it.

What Tim or the other bloke DO with their money is not relevant to the point at issue.

PS.. do you work in the upper echelons of World Vision ?

Due to all of the above.. it would be the LAST charity I'd give to.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 14 February 2011 11:07:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Corny.."Reputable Charity" ? :) hmmm I'm a thinking you don't know much about what goes on in the fields where these mobs work.

Imagine this... your hard earned and generously donated charity dollars are flagrantly splurged on buying a FLEEET of Kenworth trucks for the distribution of "aid" on the understanding that when you have done your bit.. the trucks remain behind as the personal property of the "el Presidente"!

I won't mention the charity this time.. but it's not specifically world vision. I got that from a field director for one.. he used to be in my youth group..I taught him for quite a few years.

I think I'd rather support people from my own Church who are giving up time and holiday to goto Uganda to help build schools and dorms for Orphans. I can see and know what was spent..and guess what.. we they have NO CEO and NO remuneration..they do it for HIM who gave all for us.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 14 February 2011 11:13:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm, I wonder what the "real" reason is for agir's antipathy towards Tim Costello?

Agir has been unable to effectively explain himself, and just repeats and repeats and repeats the same slurs and innuendos against Tim Costello.

And now agir has embarked on a new tactic. He's using a strawman attack (an attack when one argues against something that was never said in the first place). A strawman attack where he suggests I'm saying that Tim Costello has hacked the bank account of Tim Langley and has hired a private investigator to investigate the financial affairs of Tim Langley. And that's then followed by a question that implies I may be employed "in the upper echelons of World Vision". Using the strawman tactic allows agir to then adopt a high moral ground. His tactic speaks for itself.

So, now that agir has completely lost the debate, he's gone on to using strawman attacks because he has no answers to my debating points.
Posted by courageous, Monday, 14 February 2011 11:44:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy