The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is God?

Why is God?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. All
ponde:>> If there is a creator, then he has placed us on an insignificant piece of rock subject to asteroid strikes,<<

Ponde a relevant observation, but in defense of positioning if we did not have big big brother Jupiter sitting there attracting the space flotsam from the outer solar system we would have daily strikes. In fact for our type of life form the Earth seems tailor made. So many aspects of our existence rely on miniscule degrees; it’s almost a design statement.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 4 February 2011 8:58:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The bible should be retitled.....The ultimate guide for transforming man from monkey. Now The bible of natural selection, does in fact constitute a more believable reliably course of events.......which makes for a more "ADULT" reality/beginnings rather than the magical child-likes, of Casper the unfriendly ghost. (GOD)

I think another box of bananas is required:)

BLUE:)
Posted by Deep-Blue, Friday, 4 February 2011 9:03:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AGIR:>>Seems that's exactly where you are is it not ? <<

Al if I knew where I was I would not be here.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 4 February 2011 9:04:13 AM
It's obvious what the meaning of life is (but I'm not going to tell you).
Posted by Peter Hume, Friday, 4 February 2011 9:12:22 AM
42!
Posted by Shintaro, Friday, 4 February 2011 9:16:13 AM
My question would be "Why do some think there is a God?"

At the end of the day, we only have some centuries-old guys word for that don't we?

Most people, in this country anyway, believe in the Christian God and his son Jesus, described in the bible. Some posters say we would be lawless primitives if not for these beliefs.

Were they all lawless primitives before Jesus was supposedly born?

We don't really know do we? No point asking the scientists or Anthropologists for clarification, because fanatical God believers don't believe in their opinions anyway!

We don't KNOW if there is really a God or not.
Posted by suzeonline, Friday, 4 February 2011 9:39:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. All