The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You are the Prime Minister

You are the Prime Minister

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Oh for the love of God...lol...this has to be a bad script from the pathetic T.v sob story/drama Queen fest, days of our lives:)

Al...which sad morsel are you.........?...Iam betting Al,s Rich Forrester:)

I think You are under arrest AL,..........For impersonating a human being:)

Lets all pray.......lol.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Thursday, 3 February 2011 9:55:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philo:

You're not your usual self in your recent posts. The Philo that I thought I knew - argued on a mature intelligent level and not on an emotional one. Belly asked for three policies - I suggested them. A Referendum for a Republic, being one of them because according to recent polls - many Australians support it - and you tell me that I should leave the country (having been born here), because of this suggestion? That's rather sad.

AGIR:

Thank You for cheering me up on a rather dismal morning. I've been watching the news on TV. and your post was just what I needed.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 3 February 2011 10:02:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vote 1 benk for PM!

Sensible policies all

Unlike some comments
Posted by Shintaro, Thursday, 3 February 2011 1:03:51 PM
I know
I understand
We are supposed to ignore it and they go away.
Not this one, but changed my policy, export flamers/trolls in barbed wire boats.
Lexi Philo is a little bit past it ,sorry but the post was needlessly offensive he is however not him self.
We will be a republic and have a new flag, we will still wonder at the bravery of our service men and women.
Remember them more than once a year and love our country.
We will pretend it is something in our eye when we publicly let our feelings and pride show.
In times like these floods fires and hurricanes we will get to know the people who lived in our street for years and we never said Gday to we are Australians.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 February 2011 2:36:57 PM
I have been trying to work out why I'm having such a problem with Belly's question. Especially given that with some of the comments here ringing in my ears [blush] I simply have to put myself forward for the job...

...and I think I've worked it out.

Is "now I am elected, and have control of the Senate too", the right time for a Prime Minister to be formulating and pushing through policies?

Would it not be a better idea, first to determine what is best for the country, put it together in a manifesto, and then have the Australian people vote on it?

One of the problems we have right now is the concept of "policy-on-the-run", which is a direct result of the last election having been won by... no-one in particular, and no party in general.

That result, in turn, was caused by an electorate who hadn't been given any kind of serious choice, except that between an overly ambitious red-haired battler-from-the-burbs, and a not-yet-fully-grown-up surfing god-botherer.

Can anyone remember a serious policy statement, from either of them, that has outlasted the election campaign?

So, my apologies Belly, but the one proposal I have that might ultimately get things done is one that I have made before. Which is to make the politicians accountable for the commitments they make in their election campaigns.

They would be disallowed from voting for anything that they had not committed to, and from voting against anything that they had previously promised. That would ensure that the campaigns - which are after all about "selling" policies to the electorate - are policy-rich, rather than policy-barren.

It would be a start, at least.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 3 February 2011 3:02:55 PM
Pericles,
So far we have not heard or read your policy speech on this thread so how can we vote you in as PM.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 3 February 2011 7:50:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11