The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You are the Prime Minister

You are the Prime Minister

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Belly I agree with your 1, 2, 3, except I would call it 1, 2, because water management and flood mitigation should be the same portfolio for logistics.

My third choice would be to pick various high tech manufacturing industries that have synergy, seek local investment, retain 25% as State owned, employ the CSIRO to direct the technology and support the segment with tax breaks. I want to make something.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 5:53:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi...lol....

BLUE:)
Posted by Deep-Blue, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 6:03:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexie,
Being a Republic would not cange the image of Australia or the individual one iota. It is just another political system. Ask Americans if they are currently better off than we in Australia. I have among my friends Americans now currently living in Australia and they love Australia and would love to stay here. What did Oprah say about Australia. The image of Republicanism being better than what we now have is just in your own mind and not a reality.

Try another Republic that exceeds the position of the individual in Australia, and exceeds the conditions and image we now enjoy.

Obviously you reject our current constution, and do not respect citizenship under it. If you do not like it leave.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 8:02:23 PM
Individual know this, I can not spell!
My spell check is constantly breaking down trying to work out what I wanted to say.
You are no shrinking violet, have opinions on every thing, very fixed ones.
Given only this task, having control of both house you are in charge your only thought?
Hand it over to some one else, ROFL!
Lets become a republic, lets get our own flag and let us stop the rubbish about our troops dieing for any flag, it never happened .
They died under many flags not just ours but Britain's too some at Britain's hands.
Never for a flag but for this country,time to say we are grown up and cut the apron strings.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 February 2011 7:04:39 AM
Oooooo-K... u've done it now Lexi :)

I was just about to publish my mobile number for you to call me and arrange a 1 on 1 great talk when I read... THIS :)

//Pericles is the one who'd make a great PM. Besides, he's the one I've got a secret crush on. ;-)//

ARRRGGGGGG.. that killed it :)... Now I feel like doing all kinds of 'male displays' to get your attention again :)

Last night I had an interesting experience.. was walking through the Dandenongs.. minding my own business when I came out from the bush onto a normal road which leads to a picnic ground where it picks up another track into the bush again..when.... A CAR...slowly pulls up beside me...and "Papers Please" (u know... Gestapo like) WOOPS... it was a police car. Yikes! An Irish constable and a cutie pie female officer at the wheel. (there was at least some consolation).. so.. "name... address...reason for being here, do you have ID on you"
Seriously..it was a "Papers please" moment.

When the Irish constable (who I'd asked "is that a scottish accent") asked 'why are you here', I thought it would be obvious..I'm in gym clobber and carrying some dumbells.. "I'm trying to lose weight" ..and due to my utter lack of self control in the face of a cute chick added "So I can impress this young lady here" :) yes..I live dangerously sometimes. But..live loud.. live colorfully..

Back to topic.. No dear.. Pericles would make the awfullest PM imaginable. He would jail you for keeping a domestic pet.. which he regards as 'slavery'.. ... well.. maybe not jail...but rebuke at least. Plus he does not think clearly about many things. Still..he does some good research :)

Had you indicated a crush on CJ MORGAN..I would have immediately committed hari kiri for sure.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Thursday, 3 February 2011 7:32:26 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
1) Ban leaf-blowers. Use a broom.

2) Shut down Facebook one random day every month. It would really annoy some people who desperately deserve it.

3) People caught watching ACA/ today tonight are banned from voting.

4)Ditch the plethora of allowances that make tax returns so complicated. It should all fit on one A4 page.
Posted by benk, Thursday, 3 February 2011 9:03:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11