The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sack the useless bugger.

Sack the useless bugger.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Hasbeen you and I may have something in common.
I am willing to bet you wish you could re craft that post.
I have done just that a few times.
As we get older we should think before leaping from the Cliff top.
I will forever condemn racism or class distinctions.
You bloke, and me, a former union official, KNOW public endeavors are not producing value for money.
Nothing to do with out door personnel.
History binds them to a path of not being able to give the results we must have.
Public utility's once employed those who could not get a job any other place.
A tradition built up ,you can not get sacked unless you sleep with the bosses wife.
Some have worked only there,and for 30/40/50 years.
A CULTURE so bad you can never know it unless you have been caught in the spider Webb, political correctness is an imposable barrier to progress.
Your complaint may have been handled by a women who had the task of answering the phone ,but ran the office by her command and no one dare say no.
It happens.
managers better placed out in the Field shovel in hand let this take place.
over charging is rampart we can, with good will hard effort both keep the jobs and clean out the rubbish, it will take many skip bins.
Bloke I think we will never cuddle each other but the real you, may be closer to the one about dogs.
PS my dog did bolt, her bath took place but the scratch in my arm is deep and about 300mm long.
She is the pound puppy off the two and will be on my lap after this.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 18 December 2010 5:07:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok Talisman,
when a little dark or light skinned man takes off with your boyfriend's handbag & the police asks you for a description then you just have to accept that the thief will never be caught because you can't describe him.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 18 December 2010 8:26:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That was quite a funny joke about the engineer
dog, Austin Powerless.

No humour in your response to the 'dog whistle',
though. Ditto with individual.

If the issue is about people being overcharged
on their electricity bills due to an employee
not doing his job, then the colour of the
miscreant worker's skin is irrelevant, as is
his command of English. Obviously, the energy
company would have records about which meter
reader works in a particular area, so being
able to identify him wouldn't come into it.

On the other hand, if the issue is their
employment of "dark skinned" people with limited
English to read electricity meters, then the
negligent meter reader's complexion and language
skills would be relevant to those who like to
attribute dishonesty and poor performance to
racial factors.

The reason that the OP offended and interested
me is that it seemed that Hasbeen was expressing
his anger at increasing energy costs through
inference to completely irrelevant racial and
cultural attributes. I suspect that we'll see
a lot more of this kind of dumb scapegoating once
increases in energy costs really start to bite in
the near future.
Posted by talisman, Saturday, 18 December 2010 10:30:35 AM
My atempt to help hasbeen out of the hole he dug himself in to may have been a bad idea.
Indvidual? not to sure I want to offer help but should try.
Hard we never agree on anything, that makes me proud, but here goes.
Us oldys get cranky in our last two decades.
Some think its our ability to laugh that dies first, truely.
Some of us show symptoms of youth envy, oh we seem not to be wrong in reminding our selves things are not as they once where, but are they better for the difference.
Any one here cried silently on rewatching a southern USA real linching of a black man?
Can we watch those scenes of ww2 consertration camps with dry eyes and a cold heart.
Do we stand and cheer as some one like Tiger woods wins another tornerment but talk about little black men in private.
I think racists, some minoritys are quite racist too,are of little use to humanity.
It may be the older some get the further from fairness they wander.
And to my amazement they seem proud to be wrong, indy are you reading this?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 18 December 2010 1:03:50 PM
Thank you Talisman and Johnny Rotten, it is good that there are others using this site that notice the bigoted banter and don't go into a feeding frenzy.
Yes Hasbeen i feel for your problems over the power, we all have the same but what are you so angry about, lack of service and incompetence are hallmarks of the modern free market economy.
Posted by nairbe, Saturday, 18 December 2010 2:50:02 PM
I find that very self righteous Nairbe.
Are you content to let a form of racism past.
Bigoted banter, me? you enforce my view greens are out of touch and live in a world I want nothing to do with.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 18 December 2010 6:23:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12