The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW After March 2011

NSW After March 2011

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
I started the thread Friend to shed honest light on my party's betrayal of, its own roots.
I too reserve the right to say and think what I want to in every thing I ever write.
For me politics current affairs world events are as my NRL is.
I turn every rock look and look again.
Form opinions and ideas based on some understanding.
IF the greens do not get double the normal vote in NSW you will have failed.
No better chance ever existed .
I no taunting, just considered thought, think the greens are going to put the non conservatives federally on the opposition benches.
I believe for every voter you have you have 4 that are afraid of you.
And like Tony Abbott greens are offering things that would destroy this country.
Given new leadership on both sides this country best interests are served by a double dissolution election.
NSW after this term,a rebuilt ALP a real chance greens never again never, to get the numbers you will get in NSW this time.
True honest ALP voters who intend to punish us should do so, by voting conservative, no preferences just conservative greens are not the answer.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 13 February 2011 7:04:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul sorry my own FEAR of the greens made me a bit too harsh.
I do fear your side disagree with most not all of your policy's.
The fear is also driven by failures on my side.
And not the fear Labor is going to far to the right, more a fear we are staggering to and fro.
Gillard did well yesterday, NSW Labor best serves my team by the cliff jump they call an election next month.
Do you know what has shaken me more?
Every day closer to the election ,every statement from Barry,reminds me I will find it hard to vote for anyone, other than GREENS.
Sorry bloke maybe I can swing you to my team next time.
I can say,with certainty I can not vote Labor.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 14 February 2011 6:28:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, with so much media focused on NSW Labor and their short comings the Liberal are getting a free ride. You and I are right to fear them for what they will do when they gain power in this state. Unfortunately Labor may not be able to post a creditable opposition, it may be left to the Greens and others to do the job for them, I fear there will be so much incrimination and pay backs blood letting etc that it may be some time before Labor can settle down and start doing the job. Labor has to clean out the crap, and we know who they are, don't let them go underground and still be pulling the strings, believe me they will try! I look forward to the day when Labor is back in the fold and we can work together to defeat the reactionaries of the right. We cant do that until Labor cleans out their own reactionaries of the right.
Paul.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 14 February 2011 7:01:52 AM
Well it is here March has arrived.
A month of dread for me, Mother died this month a tragic death after lingering and being unable o talk to us but wide awake.
She ,Dad, me of ten years ago would flog me for this.
I have despised rats in the ranks all my life Labor ranks.
Can name 20 of them,without effort.
Am I one of them?
Never even thinking about voting for Labor, I love the movement far too much to let the past go by.
Then next ALP leader Robo is a top bloke,should have been the leader from his first day in the house.
I know we are to be ruled by an ultra conservative, only such would let Max the Axe in any government building without a cleaning rag in his hands.
My opponent on election day is me.
I am unloved for it, but fear till death the extremism of the greens.
Yet have pledged to vote for them?
Well what else can I do, but what if the greens hold power in the upper house?
I doubt Barry wants to cut as deeply as Victoria did.
OH he will hurt but the ALP gave him his mandate.
I think I will be thrown out of the ALP but those wanting to hurt the ALP,have to think.
I have thought,turned and flipped about like a fish on a hotplate.
For me the greens are my party's enemy,this time I recommend those intending not to vote Labor vote without preference CONSERVATIVE.
I will be forever serving my party what ever it takes but this time it hurts,show me another way, one that is not adding strength to our natural enemy Greens
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 5:57:32 AM
Belly,
I don't know why you should have a problem with voting Green. In the Maroubra seat ALP Daley is masquerading as a Green. Even done his corflutes in our green colour with ALP reference the size of a match box. I confronted him in the street the other day asking him why the masquerade trying to sneak back into parliament as a what? Wouldn't answer
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 1 March 2011 6:37:48 AM
I best address the title of this thread,after all I named it.
Liberals will be firmly in control with the biggest mandate this state ever saw.
Upper house? a test is to take place, it is extremely important and will be momentous.
How will the greens go.
On the surface you would expect the biggest ever vote of just refugees from the ALP to them, it will be so.
I thought it would be my only path,but Browns team have scared me off, tax on petrol.
For the first 12 months Barry will be riding a wave of contentment, voters will be pleased to have emptied the rubbish.
If he does not go too hard it may be a decade before Labor returns.
Wish this country's most interesting commentator on elections could talk to us here but he may be stopped by his ties to the ABC.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 March 2011 3:46:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy