The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Not Me Mate

Not Me Mate

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
I wanted to talk about human nature.
About the idea life is looking after its self, that bad things only happen to other people.
The Royal Commission in to Victoria's bush fires spoke of people who heard the warning it was to be a bad day.
But did not monitor the media, locked them selves away and knew nothing until the burning embers hit the roof.
About people who at the last minute locked them selves in a room, with no doors or stayed to protect a house without anything to do it with.
We are entering the Christmas holidays, road workers known death is coming, motorists full of happiness and expectations of a good time will die and kill.
It will happen long traffic ques stalled will give way to open roads, speeding to make up time equals deaths.
See it can not happen to us mate its other people who get hurt.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 December 2010 6:10:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I’m a firm believer in bad things happening to others.

Each time something bad happens to me I think that was the worst thing possible and now it’s over.

I’ve done flood, fire, blizzard, disease, accidents, over/underdose, choking, poisoning, drowning, electrocution, animal and people attacks.

Having avoided loss of limb, locusts, war, famine and death I believe I am golden.
Posted by Jewely, Sunday, 5 December 2010 2:15:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Belly:

I used to think that bad things only happened to other people. As you grow older and life throws curve balls in the form of people and situations at you, you begin to realise that you can either cave in, or grow through such challenges. I couldn't begin to image what it would be like to lose a child.My boss lost his son recently - who died of a massive seisure in the night. Family support is crucial, as of course are good friends. A family friend recently lost his wife to bone cancer. Initially, she was diagnosed with breast cancer, she had a double mastectomy which a few years later turned into bone cancer. We went to her funeral a few weeks ago. All of us have obstacles to overcome, and I'm not sure what's around the corner for me. I only hope that somehow I'll have the strength to face whatever life throws at me. But I no longer believe that - "No, it can't ever happen to me!"
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 5 December 2010 4:39:39 PM
Gday jewely I think we all think we are bullet proof and it only happens to others.
We also complain about pedestrians on the crossing but take our time if its us walking.
Kids next door we tend to think are making too much noise but we are deaf to ours.
Its ok to go over board at Christmas but hard ship waits for months to come.
Life can knock you down if you are not aware your choices have out comes.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 December 2010 4:39:48 PM
Nice points Belly.

But see as a child I was told all the bad stuff… like if you kill a spider its mate would come looking for you. If you ever forgot to the lock the door you are for sure going to be murdered in the middle of the night. Pretty much all people are bad or waiting to do bad things to you.

I have no idea how some people continue to function in this horror story of a world we live in. But my early years were certainly filled with interesting nightmares.

I suppose it is a matter of balance and either not letting the bastards get you down or learning how to bounce.
Posted by Jewely, Sunday, 5 December 2010 4:55:06 PM
i will [one day]..write the list of things
that happend to others
but i worried about happening to me
but didnt...ok havnt so far..

but hey lets no worry about me doing that anytime soon
thing is there are more people worrying..about absurdities
that in reaklity..wont ever happen to them

that dosnt mean it wont happen to one in 100..or one in 1000
or one in four ..or one in a million..of us

but mate if i had the time
i would chose to worry...lol

worry...me?

sure i do
and wasted..much of my life
living in fear

and to what end has worry changed ANYTHING..?
worry changes NUTHIN

like i could worry ...that the new labour party
will have even a more elitist adgenda
than the last one

but so what
anything is better than mrs blight
any party with her in it
im not voting for

and even if she left...the party hacks running the scam
will yet be the SAME...[just like the joke of the other parties]

i could worry about julia
or tony...but to what end does my worry...about them
change ANYTHING...?

nada
nuthing

worry..*
mate go for it
worry all you want
im over giving a tinker-bells darn dam

next year most of us
will still HERE..and be doing the same thing
*worry-ing*

we can ALLWAYS* find...SOME-thing..to worry*..about

and it changes NOTHING

some are so busy worrying
they arnt paying attenmtion to the road
cause their too busy..worrying about cops..or losing their licence

bah hum bug ger grr
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 5 December 2010 4:58:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy