The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Globalization and Evolution

Globalization and Evolution

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
When someone starts quoting the Mayen calendar it's time to keep a straight jacket handy. No science what so ever.
All interpretations are different, and that includes the modern mayans.
The only ones getting anything out of that is the ones pushing their own interpretation;; for a fee ...
Posted by 579, Saturday, 9 October 2010 6:35:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many people are stressed because of the breakdown of the family unit. It has nothing to do with the evolution fantasy and everything to do with the sin reality.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 9 October 2010 7:42:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK, here goes...

RawMustard: Thank you so much for your youtube link. I watched in an gained more info. Somehow, I already knew most of the things before I researched the Mayan Calender. My senses are that in tuned. I'm sorry I misjudge you. It is difficult when everything is virtual. Because words means different to some people. My apologies.

579: You will forever be negative... only you and your god knows what damage has been done to you in your past that has made you such a judgmental person. I don't think you will ever learn how to accept society as it is. Born in the wrong Era, as I have said before. Not an attack, just feel sorry for you.

King Hazza: Thank you for your support and views since I have joined this forum. I respect and appreciate them. The more I know, the more I understand.

Rudy: Then, you will see.. the changes will happen soon. Yey!!

OUG: Yes, life has gotten a lot more complicated. But I know the secrets. I have learnt to not stress, not feel pain, cure my physical injuries naturally, because I have made my brain believe.

Stress in an emotional and physical state of mind. Once we overcome the brain washing... you will understand as I do.

Everything happens for a reason. Technology did. So I can do what I need to do. As a child, I always questioned myself what my purpose in life was. I only realized it about a month ago. So I will keep working on it. It is a dream... my passion. I love all life, and I want to make the difference.
Posted by jinny, Saturday, 9 October 2010 10:39:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jinny (and Buggy)

If we all started out as 'one cell' then nothing really matters any more .. not even if I've just given HIV to some casual sex partner...
or run over some child on the street....or fill my veins witn heroin

Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters
Nothing really matters to me (Queen/Freddie Mercury)

So... globalization and evolution? Does it matter ?

John 3:16
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Sunday, 10 October 2010 6:06:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Jinny
The stresses that we experience now are due to many factors, not just the effects of globalisation but tied in with Greed and the emphasis on consumption.

I am not sure what you mean by evolution in the context you describe - maybe the idea of the survival of the fittest and natural selection? Natural selection is less a factor because humans continue to combat disease through medicine. Other species may not fare so while human beings have contributed to changes in environments due to economic activity. The security of other plant and animal species is directly connected to our own wellbeing.

Stress is often self-imposed - the need to acquire things, or buy a bigger house etc may keep us slaves to jobs we don't like or lifestyles that provide no spiritual substance (not necessarily religious). Wealth accumuliation is not the most important goal in life and certainly does not make people happier. Although you cannot be happy either if you live in poverty.

People are not all the same and have different needs - the trick is to find what makes you happy, set a plan and work out how you can achieve it even if it means some fiddling around the edges.

The world would certainly be better if we all (individuals, organisations, governments etal) first thought about the consequences and impact on others of decisions, whether it be the greater economic decisions or personal ones.

Humans are naturally altruistic but sometimes other, real or imagined, pressures get in the way of commonsense and compassion. All anyone can do is work at an individual level, with our children, families and the people we meet along the way.
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 10 October 2010 7:55:51 AM
Dear jinny You haven't gone by way of religion have you.
I say things as i see it without the frills.
If you beat around the bush, you leave thing open for miss interpretation.
I read somewhere that may next year is when the savior is going to appear. I have marked the date on my callender so i won't forget to remind you.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 10 October 2010 11:03:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy