The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tainted by Association

Tainted by Association

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
What a lot of noise on this thread now. If anything the role of fathers is more recognised now than in the past when it was assumed mother's were the sole carers. And when child custody was automatically given to the mother unless she was an axe murderer or drug addict - now there are shared arrangements.

Yes definitely sounds like society wants to demean the role of fathers.

Are you lot serious?
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 9 September 2010 2:03:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is counterproductive not to give some positive recognition to Father's Day where research suggests that for fathers to become more actively involved with children they required four facilitating factors: motivation, skills and self confidence, social approval and institutional support (flexible hours, parental leave etc).

If Australia is anything like the US, around half of children will live apart from their biological fathers for at least some of their childhood.

It would not be such a difficult thing for our esteemed State and federal leaders to throw fathers a congratulatory line or two on Father's Day, or showing the flag at an event (but what event?). Who knows, next Father's Day Julia G could be photographed with her dad, John.
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 10 September 2010 12:32:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tainted by association?

After reading this topic and taking into consideration what all sides have written, I'd say a resounding NO.

It reads to me like the topic starter has an agenda.
Posted by Jockey, Thursday, 16 September 2010 1:46:32 PM
Whoa there, Jockey, it is not an on-line poll.

What about dismounting from that high horse and contributing some mature argument? Why do you think as you do? Just the facts, win/lose is irrelevant and counter-productive.
Posted by Cornflower, Thursday, 16 September 2010 2:02:26 PM
Cornflower,reading both sides of a debate, and coming to a conclusion as a result, is a perfectly legitimate thing to do. You may not like my conclusion, but I have every right to come to that conclusion, just as I have every right to word my post in the manner that I choose, and not the way you choose. Please accept that people will differ in their opinions, and will not always present themselves in the way that you'd prefer.
Posted by Jockey, Thursday, 16 September 2010 10:03:56 PM
Whoosh, straight through to the keeper. So be it.
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 17 September 2010 12:54:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy